2022-23 Bowl Games Thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither Ohio State or TCU won their final game before the 4 teams were chosen to be in the playoffs. It is based on paper and hypotheticals and will be so even if they expand the number of teams.
Really? You are going to make the case that someone outside the top 4 had a shot at UGA? Hypotheticals? This system is far better than the old bowl system where media had to guess whether or not the Orange Bowl champ was better than the sugar bowl champ. The best teams played each other. The bigger the playoff, the less of a debate.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. You must be a blast at parties.
You just walk into the room, and start laying insults and calling people names.

Trying loving your neighbor every once in a while and be kind to others.

Now, let’s have an adult conversation and see what some other folks think about the 2023 Georgia Schedule:

"

Yes actually.

Its not an SEC West schedule but who the heck cares what some hater named Jordan Strack thinks? Anyone can look at the schedule and see a few cup cakes but so what? Go look at Michigans schedule? I see East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green, before a bevy of Big 10 cupcakes. They have 2 tough games..... thats the norm in college football. The only exception are the poor schools in the SEC East which have a murderers row to fight through every year. UGA still has to play a ranked South Carolina, top 5 Tennessee, Auburn and Florida before the SEC Championship game (which should be renamed the national championship). There is no easy path to a college title for any school.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes actually.

Its not an SEC East schedule but who the heck cares what some hater named Jordan Strack thinks? Anyone can look at the schedule and see a few cup cakes but so what? Go look at Michigans schedule? I see East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green, before a bevy of Big 10 cupcakes. They have 2 tough games..... thats the norm in college football. The only exception are the poor schools in the SEC East which have a murderers row to fight through every year. UGA still has to play a ranked South Carolina, top 5 Tennessee, Auburn and Florida before the SEC Championship game (which should be renamed the national championship). There is no easy path to a college title for any school.
Until recently, I've always thought of the SEC West as being by far tougher division. Bama, LSU, Auburn....

joseephuss

Reaction score
Really? You are going to make the case that someone outside the top 4 had a shot at UGA? Hypotheticals? This system is far better than the old bowl system where media had to guess whether or not the Orange Bowl champ was better than the sugar bowl champ. The best teams played each other. The bigger the playoff, the less of a debate.
No, that wasn't the point I was making at all, nor suggested another team had a chance to beat Georgia. I responded to the poster that said teams should just win the games. I pointed out that those teams(OSU and TCU) both lost their final games before the vote for the top 4 occurred. That means just winning the games or winning their conference isn't all that matters. Other factors are considered such as recruiting class, conference, historical success, recent success and other hypothetical aspects.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Neither Ohio State or TCU won their final game before the 4 teams were chosen to be in the playoffs. It is based on paper and hypotheticals and will be so even if they expand the number of teams.
I am looking forward to the new format, and find it an improvement in that 50% of the participants will be determined on the field, with the remaining 50% being subjective. Far better than the current format where 100% is subjective.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am looking forward to the new format, and find it an improvement in that 50% of the participants will be determined on the field, with the remaining 50% being subjective. Far better than the current format where 100% is subjective.
UGA and Michigan were undefeated. Thats not subjective.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, that wasn't the point I was making at all, nor suggested another team had a chance to beat Georgia. I responded to the poster that said teams should just win the games. I pointed out that those teams(OSU and TCU) both lost their final games before the vote for the top 4 occurred. That means just winning the games or winning their conference isn't all that matters. Other factors are considered such as recruiting class, conference, historical success, recent success and other hypothetical aspects.
Well, the current system favors record over conference title. Thats fine by me so long as the best 4 teams get in. I don't want to see Utah or Kstate in the playoff.

Ghost12

Reaction score
UGA and Michigan were undefeated. Thats not subjective.
You either didn't read or didn't understand what I wrote. The current format for choosing 4 playoff teams is 100% subjective. There are no automatic qualifiers. Now yes, in the real world, any undefeated P5 team is going to be in the playoffs, but there is nothing automatic about it.

Under the new system, there will be 6 automatic qualifiers, which is half the field.