Twitter: 2022 cap projected at 208.2 million

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wow, this means we can finally pay Prescott what he actually “deserves” a higher salary

what say you @Dak_Attack_09 and @RonnieT24 and @CowboysFaninHouston ?

I say we “pay the man his money”

:muttley:
I am ok with that.
The funny thing is you have never come up with a better alternative and disappeared earlier in the season.

What's important is not Dak, it's what's best for the cowboys...unlike you whose goal is to be right about your opinion of dak

buddieluver

Reaction score
How do you win with a QB taking up such a large percentage? I think this is why it is so important that if you do pay a QB that much they can elevate worse players. Unfortunately our guy hasn't shown that he can do that.

I’m sure the Bills are asking that question with a 250 million dollar QB.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Last week I made a comment to the effect of Prescott being better than Stafford.

You suspected I was smoking crack.

I am here to say how ridiculously wrong I was.

I will neither confirm or deny the crack thing, but I have some random jewelry for sale if you know anyone.

Don't look at Stafford's career record against winning teams. Just don't do it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

USArmyVet

Reaction score
As of today, 10 largest cap hits for 2022 Dallas Cowboys:

D. Prescott $34.45M
D. Lawrence $27M
A. Cooper $22M
Z. Martin $20.19M
E. Elliott $18.2M
T. Smith $17.5M
L. Collins $15.25M
A. Brown $6.5M
B. Jarwin $6.25M
J. Lewis $4.66M

Total of 10 largest cap hits: $172M
% of 2022 cap: 82.6%
# offensive players: 7
# defensive players: 3
$ of offensive players: $133.84M
$ of defensive players: $38.16M

While there will of course be restructured contracts because that is what Dallas does all the time with bad contracts, what is striking is the amount of cap of the Top 10 players dedicated towards the offensive side of the ball.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
As of today, 10 largest cap hits for 2022 Dallas Cowboys:

D. Prescott $34.45M
D. Lawrence $27M
A. Cooper $22M
Z. Martin $20.19M
E. Elliott $18.2M
T. Smith $17.5M
L. Collins $15.25M
A. Brown $6.5M
B. Jarwin $6.25M
J. Lewis $4.66M

Total of 10 largest cap hits: $172M
% of 2022 cap: 82.6%
# offensive players: 7
# defensive players: 3
$ of offensive players: $133.84M
$ of defensive players: $38.16M

While there will of course be restructured contracts because that is what Dallas does all the time with bad contracts, what is striking is the amount of cap of the Top 10 players dedicated towards the offensive side of the ball.
Might have to cut Lawrence, zeke, Collins and jarwin. I might cut cooper if Gallup willing sign for 14 a year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Might have to cut Lawrence, zeke, Collins and jarwin. I might cut cooper if Gallup willing sign for 14 a year.

The dead money would be far too much to absorb those cuts. Dallas will do what they always do: restructure bad deals.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Lawrence and Elliot are the two major bad contracts. Crazy crazy money for those two contracts for their performance. Jury is still out on the QB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Say what you will about the Jones boys, but they practically invented cap manipulation. They are good at it and can and will sign anyone they really want.
The issue is Stephen is ultra-cheapskate when it comes to signing high priced FA.
How can you say this? Are you basing it on jersey sales or franchise valuations? I feel like playoff success is the best measuring stick we have for success in the NFL. If anything I would say that they are terrible at it. They manipulate it all day long and at the end of the day we are stuck with a top heavy roster full of questionable unproven "talent" and a bunch of dead money at the bottom.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dak's cap number for 2022 is $34M. Not bad when you compare it to other QB's

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2022/

Falcons and Vikings fans are the ones that should be screaming their heads off.

You will soon have Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Justin Herbert with contracts that will dwarf Prescott's

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Prescott already has a cap hit of 14.45 million for 2025. In case you are wondering 2025 is a voided year. Basically we are so confident in the quality of the team that we are willing to mortgage the future in order to boost up this years team. Something we love to do. Something that some of you praise the front office for. Is it possible that this type of behavior is hurting our chances to win in the long run? Evidence would suggest that it has not been helping us given the lack of any real success the franchise has had in the past 25 years.

In all honesty I could get on board with it if we had a real proven contender and we wanted to go all in. For a long time now it has felt more like a desperate attempt to stay relevant with no true long term or short term goals.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If Dak thinks he can make 40 million per year and get carried by the defense he had better have some pretty thick skin because he is gonna get trashed on a regular basis and he is going to deserve it. Get back to playing the way you did at the start of the season or bend over and take it.