Twitter: 2022 cap projected at 208.2 million

Zman5

Reaction score
How can you say this? Are you basing it on jersey sales or franchise valuations? I feel like playoff success is the best measuring stick we have for success in the NFL. If anything I would say that they are terrible at it. They manipulate it all day long and at the end of the day we are stuck with a top heavy roster full of questionable unproven "talent" and a bunch of dead money at the bottom.

Being able to manipulate cap and giving out bad contracts based on bad talent evaluations are two different things.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Being able to manipulate cap and giving out bad contracts based on bad talent evaluations are two different things.
Fair enough but the cap manipulation you speak of does not create extra space out of thin air. They use up future cap space to boost current cap space. It helps us win now but hurts our chances of winning in the future. Based on the last 25 years I would say that we have not benefited in any way from the cap manipulation expertise. I would say that they have been entirely unsuccessful at manipulating the cap. Here is a thought. How about instead of blowing future cap dollars like a drunken sailor (no offense to any sailors) we be fiscally responsible. Maybe even carry over cap dollars from year to year. That way when a real opportunity presents itself we are ready to capitalize with the free agent boost that could put us over the top.

aikemirv

Reaction score
How do you win with a QB taking up such a large percentage? I think this is why it is so important that if you do pay a QB that much they can elevate worse players. Unfortunately our guy hasn't shown that he can do that.
Great drafts are the only way - or every one else is paying 30-40 mill for their QB

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys rank 30th with a 12M deficit. The Packers are 31st with 34M and the freaking Saints are dead last at 60M over!

These teams all know how to manipulate but 35 and 60M is going to be tough. However, if Rodgers leaves, cap problem solved.

I believe Prescott is getting 65M this year so that front loading means he is not on the books for 40 next year. He also only has 3 years left so getting creative is limited.

Zman5

Reaction score
Fair enough but the cap manipulation you speak of does not create extra space out of thin air. They use up future cap space to boost current cap space. It helps us win now but hurts our chances of winning in the future. Based on the last 25 years I would say that we have not benefited in any way from the cap manipulation expertise. I would say that they have been entirely unsuccessful at manipulating the cap. Here is a thought. How about instead of blowing future cap dollars like a drunken sailor (no offense to any sailors) we be fiscally responsible. Maybe even carry over cap dollars from year to year. That way when a real opportunity presents itself we are ready to capitalize with the free agent boost that could put us over the top.

Us not winning past 25 years has much more to do with Jerry's meddling and poor drafts and coach hirings than how they managed the cap.