2022 Cowboys will have easiest schedule to be 1 seed

reddyuta

Reaction score
It's not going to be easier I think. We will lose some key pieces this offseason. The draft is not a guarantee. Our team is going to get older. I think it is a bit naive to think we are going to be as good next year as we were this year.

good point.it will be a challenge just to maintain the defense at the current level because of all the FAs,draft is just a crapshot like you said and it is no guarantee that even high draft picks will contribute in year 1.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not going to be easier I think. We will lose some key pieces this offseason. The draft is not a guarantee. Our team is going to get older. I think it is a bit naive to think we are going to be as good next year as we were this year.

It’s incredibly naive. But that’s what many fans are.

First, we hear that ‘we can keep anyone we want.’ A built-in salve ahead of potential wounds.

Second, will be the concerted effort to talk-down and minimize those pending losses. ‘Player X wasn’t that good anyway! We’re better without him!’ Another all is we’ll attempt to feel better.

The fact is that fortune favored us all year long and we simply blew it. We won’t see a confluence of player talent, good coaching, and cap room again for quite some time.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s incredibly naive. But that’s what many fans are.

First, we hear that ‘we can keep anyone we want.’ A built-in salve ahead of potential wounds.

Second, will be the concerted effort to talk-down and minimize those pending losses. ‘Player X wasn’t that good anyway! We’re better without him!’ Another all is we’ll attempt to feel better.

The fact is that fortune favored us all year long and we simply blew it. We won’t see a confluence of player talent, good coaching, and cap room again for quite some time.

We've yet to feel the consequences of all our overpaid players either yet. Our window is closing, so hopefully they will be as good next year, but we might of missed our one shot.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've yet to fill the consequences of all our overpaid players either yet. Our window is closing, so hopefully they will be as good next year, but we might of missed our one shot.

This offseason will be one of the biggest hits. This is the year we pay for past spending. We’re likely to lose a bunch of players, including virtually our entire 2018 draft.

Add to that a complete whiff on 2017’s 1st rounder and our top draft pick in 2019.

We don’t have enough sheer draft equity to equal 2021’s roster, even if they managed to hit on every one of them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas is playing both #1 seeds from this years post season. We will be playing both team who will be in this years SB and 6 playoff teams total, how is this an easy schedule?