2022 Draft Needs

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I got this.

Current free agents
Michael Gallup. I think someone is going to offer him a lot of money. I want him to stay but I'm fearful he'll get paid somewhere else.
Cedric Wilson - He's the Front Office's pet cat, he stays.
Noah Brown - He signs elsehwere in hopes of getting more playing time.
Dalton Schultz - Re-sign to a 4-year deal. Subsequently trade Blake Jarwin TE and a future 4th round pick to New Orleans for Paulson Adebo CB and a future 5th round pick.
Connor Williams - Someone somehwere is going to think he's a Tackle and pay him more than we want to. Connor McGovern is ready.
Tye Nsekhe - Gone.
Randy Gregory - Two things. One, Jerry loves him. Two, Jerry was criticized for drafting him in the 2nd round. We are absolutely re-signing him.
Dorance Armstrong - Will get paid more (and get more playing time) elsewhere.
Carlos Watkins - Let walk unless team-friendly deal.
Brent Urban - Let walk unless team-friendly deal.
Leighton Vander Esch - My guess is that we re-sign him.
Keanu Neal - Offer him a 1-year deal but prepared for him to sign elsewhere. Team is excited about Jabril Cox.
Maurice Canady - I know they like him but they have young guns in the wings.
Jayron Kearse - He's the kind of player this Front Office loves (makes them feel clever); he's back for another year.
Damontae Kazee and Malik Hooker - I hav ebeen pleasantly surprised with both players. Offer them both a 1-year team-friendly deal, whover blinks gets it. I still like Hooker's upside.

Free agency
Sign Jesse Bates, S,Cincinnati (6'2", 195, Age 25) to a 6-year deal. Cheap Stephen has clinched onto the checkbook the last few year. Home Run Jerry senses the team is close and gets his way after years of being dormant in March.
Sign Folorunso Fatukasi, DT, New York Jets (6'4", 318, Age 27) to a 2-year deal.

Draft
1-24. Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa (6’3”,290) - Kirk Ferentz-coached offensive lineman. Nuff said.

2 -40. Drake London WR, USC (6’5”, 210) – Only reason he’ll be here in the 2nd is questions about his straight-line speed. Jump ball monster. Fills the void that Gallup's departure created.
*Traded picks 2-56, 4b-142, and a 2023 pick to move up to draft London.

3 - 88. Greg Dulcich TE, UCLA (6’4”, 250) – Like Dalton Schultz? Same kid.

4a -126. Bubba Bolden S, Miami (6’3”, 200) – Hard-hitting former 5-star recruit. Can be too aggressive but a ferocious tackler who could excel if used similarly than Jayron Kearse.

5 - 166. Mike Rose LB, Iowa State (6’2”, 245) - Multiple time All-Big 12 linebacker can provoide depth and contribute on special teams.

6-202. Ricky Pearsall WR, Arizona State (6’1”, 200) – Like Cooper Kupp? Same kid.

You are all welcome.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I know we have bodies in the room but I’m going into the draft looking for another CB in rounds 1-3.

Were one of the worst pass defenses in the league and it’s getting a band aid by turnovers but it’s still arguably the teams biggest weakness.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’m very afraid we are gonna need a new OC….I imagine Moore will take a HC gig somewhere, maybe Raiders

DanA

Reaction score
LB is a big need. Good list though. I would say priority is DT, OT, LB, TE, WR, S

I don’t see OG as an issue. I also like that you have Hill off the team.

That was an oversight by me. The green was meant to be draft needs, blue FA's and red cuts but forgot to put LB in the list at the bottom. It's definitely a need.

DanA

Reaction score
I got this.

Current free agents
Michael Gallup. I think someone is going to offer him a lot of money. I want him to stay but I'm fearful he'll get paid somewhere else.
Cedric Wilson - He's the Front Office's pet cat, he stays.
Noah Brown - He signs elsehwere in hopes of getting more playing time.
Dalton Schultz - Re-sign to a 4-year deal. Subsequently trade Blake Jarwin TE and a future 4th round pick to New Orleans for Paulson Adebo CB and a future 5th round pick.
Connor Williams - Someone somehwere is going to think he's a Tackle and pay him more than we want to. Connor McGovern is ready.
Tye Nsekhe - Gone.
Randy Gregory - Two things. One, Jerry loves him. Two, Jerry was criticized for drafting him in the 2nd round. We are absolutely re-signing him.
Dorance Armstrong - Will get paid more (and get more playing time) elsewhere.
Carlos Watkins - Let walk unless team-friendly deal.
Brent Urban - Let walk unless team-friendly deal.
Leighton Vander Esch - My guess is that we re-sign him.
Keanu Neal - Offer him a 1-year deal but prepared for him to sign elsewhere. Team is excited about Jabril Cox.
Maurice Canady - I know they like him but they have young guns in the wings.
Jayron Kearse - He's the kind of player this Front Office loves (makes them feel clever); he's back for another year.
Damontae Kazee and Malik Hooker - I hav ebeen pleasantly surprised with both players. Offer them both a 1-year team-friendly deal, whover blinks gets it. I still like Hooker's upside.

Free agency
Sign Jesse Bates, S,Cincinnati (6'2", 195, Age 25) to a 6-year deal. Cheap Stephen has clinched onto the checkbook the last few year. Home Run Jerry senses the team is close and gets his way after years of being dormant in March.
Sign Folorunso Fatukasi, DT, New York Jets (6'4", 318, Age 27) to a 2-year deal.

Draft
1-24. Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa (6’3”,290) - Kirk Ferentz-coached offensive lineman. Nuff said.

2 -40. Drake London WR, USC (6’5”, 210) – Only reason he’ll be here in the 2nd is questions about his straight-line speed. Jump ball monster. Fills the void that Gallup's departure created.
*Traded picks 2-56, 4b-142, and a 2023 pick to move up to draft London.

3 - 88. Greg Dulcich TE, UCLA (6’4”, 250) – Like Dalton Schultz? Same kid.

4a -126. Bubba Bolden S, Miami (6’3”, 200) – Hard-hitting former 5-star recruit. Can be too aggressive but a ferocious tackler who could excel if used similarly than Jayron Kearse.

5 - 166. Mike Rose LB, Iowa State (6’2”, 245) - Multiple time All-Big 12 linebacker can provoide depth and contribute on special teams.

6-202. Ricky Pearsall WR, Arizona State (6’1”, 200) – Like Cooper Kupp? Same kid.

You are all welcome.

Lets say Shultz gets offered 13m a season elsewhere (I think he'll get that offer). Do you still re-sign him?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lets say Shultz gets offered 13m a season elsewhere (I think he'll get that offer). Do you still re-sign him?

I don't think you can...as much as I love him being huge in the run blocking game and turning into a solid chain mover that's just too much IMO.

DanA

Reaction score
I don't think you can...as much as I love him being huge in the run blocking game and turning into a solid chain mover that's just too much IMO.
He’s on track for double digit TD’s and 1,100+ yards. Actually I just looked, the franchise tag is 10m so he’s on track to get that.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He’s on track for double digit TD’s and 1,100+ yards. Actually I just looked, the franchise tag is 10m so he’s on track to get that.

I get it…he’s turning into a stud.

My problem is just looking at roster construction as a whole. We already have a gillion dollars tied into the offense so at some point we have to start using more on the defense. Having an elite QB gives you the flex to let guys like him walk…Gallup went down and our offense has not missed a beat at all. I’d let him walk too.

Again, all the INTs are fun on defense but we’re giving up a TON of yards and chunk plays. I still think that unit is holding us back from being a championship caliber team.

Mr_437

Reaction score
1-3 rounds
DE
IOL
OT

4-6 rounds (projected 4th round comp pick)
NT
S
TE
LB

cnuball21

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of mocks with us taking Kingsley Enagbare from South Carolina

Dudes a monster…had a pass rush grade in the low 90s as of September.

Its early but not sure he falls to where we’ll be picking.

Carson

Reaction score
Dudes a monster…had a pass rush grade in the low 90s as of September.

Its early but not sure he falls to where we’ll be picking.
No doubt. He will pick up steam and go before the 20s

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’d like to see us get Devonte Lee RB from Nevada Wolfpack.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I also wouldn’t think twice about taking another corner high. This is a really good corner class.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not crazy but we need another LB high in the draft.LVE has turned into a complete disaster.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I am not crazy but we need another LB high in the draft.LVE has turned into a complete disaster.

Would love to see Cox get more snaps down the stretch to know what we’re working with…but yea LVE doesn’t look like the same dude.