2022 FIFA World Cup

Carson

Reaction score
Josh Sargent up top for us. He seems in form but I’ve just never liked him much. But I can say that about any striker we have had since Deuce.

Weah on the wing I love. He can do so much out there
WEAH MAGIC!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
England/USA here

Yeah I know. I'm really interested in how the USA plays against England. I've always liked England. But it seemed in ever cup they got horrible luck. There was always someone getting a red card putting them at a disadvantage.

Remember this?

I think they played to a tie. England dominated that game.

Watch this ridiculous goal by Germany in 1990. On a free kick.

England just has no luck.

Flamma

Reaction score
That looked like a foul, bordering on a penalty kick just outside the box for the USA. They ignored it.

Flamma

Reaction score
That was one of the worst fouls in the box I've ever seen. You can't do that. Make them actually score. The USA just gave them a goal.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Welsh are playing a completely different game in the second half compared to the first half, and for the USA team it's just the opposite.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That was one of the worst fouls in the box I've ever seen. You can't do that. Make them actually score. The USA just gave them a goal.

Yep, you can't go to the ground unless you know you will get all ball with no contact. Gave them a gift.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A draw. Feels like a loss. Why do they wait until the knockout rounds to get a real winner of a match? I think having ties as an okay output is what discourages a lot of American from watching soccer.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Needed a win there
Gotta take a miracle Friday to atleast get a tie

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gutted for the US. That was a brutal draw when the US has the lead. If the US won this, it greatly increases the likelihood of the US going through. Now, the US will have to try to hold England to a draw before playing Iran. Wales now have the inside track, imo, to the second place spot behind England as they usually play England with all sorts of passion. So, I think it now becomes England 1 and Wales 2.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A draw. Feels like a loss. Why do they wait until the knockout rounds to get a real winner of a match? I think having ties as an okay output is what discourages a lot of American from watching soccer.

Because draws aren't a bad outcome usually. I know it's a foreign concept to Americans, but it really comes down to the points. If you can snag a point, then that's usually a decent result, especially if you're going up against a side that is significantly better. In other words, let's say that the US is going against Brazil in the group stage. You know the US is never winning that game, but the draw sort of gives the US something to play for as opposed to getting completely humiliated.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because draws aren't a bad outcome usually. I know it's a foreign concept to Americans, but it really comes down to the points. If you can snag a point, then that's usually a decent result, especially if you're going up against a side that is significantly better. In other words, let's say that the US is going against Brazil in the group stage. You know the US is never winning that game, but the draw sort of gives the US something to play for as opposed to getting completely humiliated.
It sounds as if the Americans are already knocked out of the tournament after the tie. Ties suck in any sport. I want a clear-cut winner.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Gutted for the US. That was a brutal draw when the US has the lead. If the US won this, it greatly increases the likelihood of the US going through. Now, the US will have to try to hold England to a draw before playing Iran. Wales now have the inside track, imo, to the second place spot behind England as they usually play England with all sorts of passion. So, I think it now becomes England 1 and Wales 2.
I dont know - to me they both lose to England and both beat Iran so it will come down to goal differential - so whoever scores more on Iran goes thru.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's going to come down to how well we do against Iran, and how poorly we do against England. Compared to what Wales does. But that penalty was brutal. This isn't the NFL, you can't just give the guy a penalty kick. This guy didn't have a breakaway. Let him turn and try to score.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I dont know - to me they both lose to England and both beat Iran so it will come down to goal differential - so whoever scores more on Iran goes thru.

And whomever gives up the fewest in a potential loss to England. I think both the US and Wales can draw England in their respective matches.

Majic

Reaction score
USA are still in with a shout. Not a given Wales will beat Iran on Friday. Will probably come down to which team (Wales/USA) has the better goal difference over the next 2 matches. May well help USA plays Iran last

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It sounds as if the Americans are already knocked out of the tournament after the tie. Ties suck in any sport. I want a clear-cut winner.

Unfortunately for the US, the US sort of is unless they pull out a draw to England. I understand the dislike for draws, but I don't mind them. It just depends on the opponent. If you're going to have a draw, it should be against a team that is either evenly matched or is better than your squad. For example, for England, I'd be disappointed if we had drawn Iran. However, if we were in the same group as Brazil, then I'd be delighted for a draw to Brazil.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yes, I'd agree. Iran is going to have a lot to say as to who goes through.

USA are still in with a shout. Not a given Wales will beat Iran on Friday. Will probably come down to which team (Wales/USA) has the better goal difference over the next 2 matches. May well help USA plays Iran last

Yes, but Iran look terrible, and who knows how long their number 1 choice keeper will be out of action. If he's out for a significant period of time, then I reckon both Wales and the USA should be able to put a massive win over Iran.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yup. A dumb mistake by Zimmerman. Good thing he plays for the US because in some countries he might not be allowed back in, lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
What the hell happened to Italy? I know they crapped the bed in 2014, but since then? Isn't it sacrilege for Itali to not be contenders in the WC, let alone not be involved?