2023 NCAA March Madness

DFWJC

Reaction score
What a massive choke job by Texas.
Give Miami credit, but man, the Horns coached it up.

Road seems paved for UConn, damnit. But you never know

The best teams overall don't always advance.
In a series, Purdue, Kansas, and others would have advanced
But they don't play a series...it's one and done!

It's why March Madness is so wild!

uvaballa

Reaction score
What a massive choke job by Texas.
Give Miami credit, but man, the Horns coached it up.

Road seems paved for UConn, damnit. But you never know

The best teams overall don't always advance.
In a series, Purdue, Kansas, and others would have advanced
But they don't play a series...it's one and done!

It's why March Madness is so wild!
Even in a down year the ACC sends a team to the final four. No Big12 or SEC teams this year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who would have thought south Florida would have not one, but TWO teams in the final four? :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Texas really choked that one. It’s like they stopped running their offense that got them the lead.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to watch the Creighton/SDSt game until the last minute or so of the game. What a crazy, crazy end to that game.

I didn't get to watch Miami/Texas. I am going to have to watch the highlights on Youtube.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Worst Final 4 in my lifetime . Probably won’t even sell out.
I do believe the fans of those teams might have something to say about it

I think its great that teams without a NC are vying for one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even in a down year the ACC sends a team to the final four. No Big12 or SEC teams this year.
We should add no Big 10 or Pac 12 as well. 4 out of 5 of the Power 5 conferences left out.

Truly a bizarre year with 2 Mid- Conference teams and 3 teams who have never been to a Final Four with the highest combined seedings since seedings were established.

Unfortunately in a single game elimination the best team doesn’t always win. The good news though is the Monique of March Madness is still in play probably more than ever.

We now have had two 16 seeds who have won which was considered unthinkable. We’ve had three 15 seeds win in recent years and it’s become more common for Mid Majors to make an impact which supports allowing all of their automatic bids instead of allowing more Power 5 bubble teams in.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is probably their tournament to lose. But you never know.

Yep it's kind of a dud. Unfortunately. Because it's been a good tourney so far.
Yea, it’s a dud in terms of not seeing the best teams in Final Four go at it. Or at least some of them. I think most would have rather seen those matchups.

But it’s good in the sense that March Madness is alive and well which allows any team to get hot and make a run.

Cinderella teams are a great story line but we still want the heavy weights for David to sleigh.

We’ll see if this begins a trend in years to come but my hunch is while we’ll always see upsets we probably won’t see as many every year.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
NCAA March Madness is the truth !!!!!!! Guys playing the last Basketball they'll play. And then you have the bluebloods losing to the Nobodies. OMG you have Future corporate bankers that'll be able to say I remember when we spanked that *** of some future NBA Star. I love NBA Ball, but march madness has had my heart since Al McGuire and Marquette played the Wolfpack of NC State