2023 Reboot: How many picks would Dak fetch?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this all offseason and after Monday I feel even stronger that this team as constructed is at best an easy out in the playoffs. At the end of the season, I think they cut Tyron and Zeke then let Dalton Schultz walk in free agency, so why not continue by just rebooting this team and dealing Dak.

There are several teams out there that will be in the market for an experienced QB in 2023.
  • The Panthers passed on Justin Fields and Mac Jones in 2021 and have instead brought in Mayfield and Darnold, both of whom are free agents in 2023
  • Brady is a slam dunk to retire this offseason and the Bucs are built to win now.
  • Detroit can make Goff a June 1st cut and only carry a $5 million dead money hit.
  • Seattle could decide to look for a QB rather than the draft depending on who is available.

So, what could Dallas potentially get for Dak?

• The Lions received two firsts and a third for Stafford.
  • The Seahawks received two firsts and two seconds for Wilson, plus players.
I would hope, if Dak can come back later this season and perform up to his capabilities that he could fetch something close to what the Lions received for Stafford and Dallas in turn would have enough to try and move up for a new QB with a much better cap hit for the next five years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this all offseason and after Monday I feel even stronger that this team as constructed is at best an easy out in the playoffs. At the end of the season, I think they cut Tyron and Zeke then let Dalton Schultz walk in free agency, so why not continue by just rebooting this team and dealing Dak.

There are several teams out there that will be in the market for an experienced QB in 2023.
  • The Panthers passed on Justin Fields and Mac Jones in 2021 and have instead brought in Mayfield and Darnold, both of whom are free agents in 2023
  • Brady is a slam dunk to retire this offseason and the Bucs are built to win now.
  • Detroit can make Goff a June 1st cut and only carry a $5 million dead money hit.
  • Seattle could decide to look for a QB rather than the draft depending on who is available.

So, what could Dallas potentially get for Dak?

• The Lions received two firsts and a third for Stafford.
  • The Seahawks received two firsts and two seconds for Wilson, plus players.
I would hope, if Dak can come back later this season and perform up to his capabilities that he could fetch something close to what the Lions received for Stafford and Dallas in turn would have enough to try and move up for a new QB with a much better cap hit for the next five years.

If Dak comes back this year and plays like he did last year I want no part of trading him...I'm hoping the Jones's somehow become competent in the offseason and get him some help.

If the team decides to rebuild, I'm not considering anything less than what Stafford got. They had similar #s last year and Dak is 5 years younger.

RS12

Reaction score
With that contract and performance he is virtually untradable. Maybe Bellichick kicks the tires for a 6th or 7th.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think you could get multiple 1st for him. That’s just the QB world we live in. Someone will pull the trigger.

It’s so hard to find a QB so I would rather an offensive guru come in and try to save him.

Hardline

Reaction score
Just figure out what you would give for him and cut your expectations in half.

raven55

Reaction score
can't really trade him yet the dumbo's in the front office seen to that even if they could remember what they got for amari enough say on that but lets get real maybe a free agent up graded to a 7 pick

exciter

Reaction score
What do “no trade clause” mean. Even without it they can’t realistically move on until after next season with the dead money hit!

JBS

Reaction score
What do “no trade clause” mean. Even without it they can’t realistically move on until after next season with the dead money hit!
No trade clause just means Dak has to approve of the deal. That’s fine. That’s not a big deal.

exciter

Reaction score
No trade clause just means Dak has to approve of the deal. That’s fine. That’s not a big deal.
There’s still the dead cap witch is staggering before after that 3rd season. If he continues to perform at a level that convinces Jerry to trade him… what would be his trade value and why would any team be interested in paying his base for that last season. Invite a couple of GMs for a yacht ride and all you can drink Johnny Walker and he’d still be lucky to get some stale cheetoes!

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think our best chance at winning soon is keeping Dak and building around him. If we decide to trade him I can get on board but I have a feeling Jerry would botch the trade about as bad as he did with Cooper.

tromofan

Reaction score
Since he came in the league in 2016, Dak is 18-24 against teams with winning records. He is not a top tier QB by any stretch. He requires really good pieces and strong O-line to yield any kind of positive results. He makes poor decisions under duress, does not have the strongest or most accurate arm. Considering his accomplishments thus far, plus the fact he has already had a major injury, trading him wouldn't get the offers you might think.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Since he came in the league in 2016, Dak is 18-24 against teams with winning records. He is not a top tier QB by any stretch. He requires really good pieces and strong O-line to yield any kind of positive results. He makes poor decisions under duress, does not have the strongest or most accurate arm. Considering his accomplishments thus far, plus the fact he has already had a major injury, trading him wouldn't get the offers you might think.

Rodgers win percentage against winning teams is 2% higher…

Every QB in the league requires a good team around them.

exciter

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has a .456 win rate vs winning teams, Josh Allen .444, Kyler Murray .333, Matthew Stafford .132, Deshawn Watson .297. Dak is .428. Brady was 1-4 vs teams with a winning record and he won the Super Bowl. There’s a reason it’s not used as a stat… it’s meaningless! The rest I agree!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has a .456 win rate vs winning teams, Josh Allen .444, Kyler Murray .333, Matthew Stafford .132, Deshawn Watson .297. Dak is .428. Brady was 1-4 vs teams with a winning record and he won the Super Bowl. There’s a reason it’s not used as a stat… it’s meaningless! The rest I agree!

Preach.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lol, Matthew Stafford record vs winning teams is 11-72 and he won the SB. Albeit, it took being on a stacked team!

But over half the boards want Dak gone…guys like Mahomes don’t grow on trees.

exciter

Reaction score
But over half the boards want Dak gone…guys like Mahomes don’t grow on trees.
Wanting and being realistic are completely different. There’s not really a realistic way to move on till after next season and even then it’s going to be like shoving a hot poker up your ___!