2024 could be a disaster, but going forward?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Points allowed per game:
Jets 10th
Panthers 29th
Some of those points were given up by their offense. The Cowboys had defensive scores against both teams.

BigD_95

Reaction score
If we cant win with MICAH, why sign him? Why not just trade him? Makes sense. This year won't be a disaster, but it won't be a playoff year. Its a case of resetting the table and change of how we do things. Not sure Zimmer can do anything big having 1 year to do it in. Thats where this gets weird. Will Zim have the time and resources to make sweeping changes in 1 offseason? Not sold. I see this entire staff as a transitional one..ie placeholders until we get longterm staffers/coaches in here. Zim is a bandaid for 2024, nothing more. Hes setting up the team for the next guy that we hire. I see AL HARRIS as the next full time DC in Dallas. I think he will get on the job training so he can be that guy.

why cant we win with Micah? am I missing something?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
While I'm on record as being one of the "blow this thing up and start over" Cowboys fans, how would you feel if at the end of this season the Cowboys sign Micah and CeeDee to long term contracts, extend Dak, somehow manage to get their cap situation under control and are able to be more active in FA next year and let's say they end up drafting top 10 in the 2025 NFL draft. Would you be ok with that?

Again I would rather move on from Dak and trade Micah but if the above scenario were to play out like that, I think I could live with it.

What say you?
Prescot is not the answer anymore and the Cowboy brass needs to find a way to move up in this draft to find his replacement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
why cant we win with Micah? am I missing something?
Because he vanishes in big moments in the post season. If you want the bag, you gotta show out when it matters most. If you gonna cry foul on a podcast, you gotta show up big . Talk is cheap.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he vanishes in big moments in the post season. If you want the bag, you gotta show out when it matters most. If you gonna cry foul on a podcast, you gotta show up big . Talk is cheap.
I hate to disparage the guy because he's a great player. But it seems the opposing teams always have players who rise to the occasion during the big games. The Cowboys don't seem to have those players, Micah included .

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hate to disparage the guy because he's a great player. But it seems the opposing teams always have players who rise to the occasion during the big games. The Cowboys don't seem to have those players, Micah included .
I hate it as well, but your right.

Kwyn

Reaction score
As long as Dak is the QB, it’s still essentially the same plan.

Maybe they change the coaching but it’s all about the QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have no hope for the future .......... Jerry said he is gonna be around for a long time.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom around here currently. Lots of predictions of only 8 or so wins.

But the NFL is a strange beast, seldom does it follow the script laid out before the season by us, and even by the "experts".

Before continuing, let me stress as I've already said I have no expectations for this season, what follows is just some ruminations on my part.

Go back to 2016, when it was determined that we would be rolling with our 4th round rookie qb, I seem to recall a lot of, as this year, predictions of 8 wins, and some even less. Yet at the end of the season there we were, 12-4, with a first-round bye. Lost by only 3 pts in the playoff game. Certainly not what most thought would happen.

Seems we have a "tough row to hoe" what with losing Tyron, et al. But really, other than Tyron, what did we lose? Castoffs like Hankins, a center I and others didn't think much of (were we right? we'll see), backups like Armstrong, guys we obtained as free agents ourselves a year or two or so before, a running back that didn't do nearly as well as the year before, etc.

Dallas has backups for every position lost. Have those backups shown they can be just as good as who they would replace? No, but a lot of those have been stuck behind lost starters, there's a lot unknown about them. Overshown didn't even play, sure it's essentially his first year, but what did LVE do his rookie season? Pro Bowler, if memory serves. And we have draft picks, like most years. Anybody think Lamb would be available at no. 17 in the draft?

My point is as with any year, the story isn't yet written. Won't be until December probably. Until then, it's fun to cuss and discuss, let's just remember we've been wrong before....

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2016 was certainly an anomaly but they did draft a great running back in the first round and had a hellava running offense.