2024 FA Additions and Depth Chart

calicowboy54

Reaction score
So let me start with WE are in WIN NOW MODE. everything im pasting here revolves around Dak Getting extended for an UNDETERMINED amount but massaged so that we are able to get the players here we need to put this defense over the top and make a RUN This year.

FA Additions I believe can help us but also NOT break the bank.
Our Players:
  • Let Gallup Walk
  • Let Pollard Walk
  • Extend Dak
  • Let Tyron Smith Walk
  • Extend Lamb
  • Resign Hankins for rotation.
FA Additions:

Draft we can now take BPA

here is a Sudo DEPTH CHART w/out Drafted players OR Second stringers, because the draft is a crap shoot and you cannot know who's getting drafted.

DepthChart

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Still need more LB's even with Overshown's return. Damone Clark regressed last year, LVE might retire, and Parsons apparently will remain an edge rusher.
yes we need depth and Overshown was not shown here in depth chart because he's still recovering from injury

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So they all want to be Cowboys? We can count on them?

Also, Overshown coming back means we only need 1 free agent LB and draft pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
So let me start with WE are in WIN NOW MODE. everything im pasting here revolves around Dak Getting extended for an UNDETERMINED amount but massaged so that we are able to get the players here we need to put this defense over the top and make a RUN This year.

Our Players:
  • Let Gallup Walk
  • Let Pollard Walk
  • Extend Dak
  • Let Tyron Smith Walk
  • Extend Lamb
FA Additions:

here is a Sudo DEPTH CHART w/out Drafted players OR Second stringers, because the draft is a crap shoot and you cannot know who's getting drafted.

DepthChart
Who is the LT?

Sydla

Reaction score
well i think your doing to see some Cap Gymnastics this year from the Jones.
Based on what? Don't say because McCarthy is in his last year and Jerry knows the fans are angry.

The exact same scenario played out with Garrett and his last year and their FA haul that year, when everyone said he was going to be more aggressive, was:

Kerry Hyder
Chris Covington
Randall Cobb

LOL. I'll believe they will be more aggressive when I actually see it. The smart money is on them nickel and diming it yet again.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our Players:
  • Let Gallup Walk
  • Let Pollard Walk
  • Extend Dak
  • Let Tyron Smith Walk
  • Extend Lamb
FA Additions:

DepthChart
  • Extend Dak

RjeOl29.gif

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Based on what? Don't say because McCarthy is in his last year and Jerry knows the fans are angry.

The exact same scenario played out with Garrett and his last year and their FA haul that year, when everyone said he was going to be more aggressive, was:

Kerry Hyder
Chris Covington
Randall Cobb

LOL. I'll believe they will be more aggressive when I actually see it. The smart money is on them nickel and diming it yet again.
Could be but Jerry was hurt by this loss so he's going to be more aggressive.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I don't agree with extending Prescott, but it's going to happen.

I think you resign Smith to a team friendly deal as the swing tackle. Move Tyler to LT.

You forgot letting Biadasz walk also. In the draft you focus on C, G, LB, DT, and lastly RB.

If you can address some of those positions in free agency, great. But I wouldn't break the bank, unless it's a stud player.

I think in free agency Dallas should get one stud free agent. I would sign a DT, Chris Jones, or DJ Reader, or Madubuike, or Christian Wilkins. The top shelf guys. Then free agency is done. You then just try to resign the players you want to keep.

To get this cap space restructure Lawrence, Diggs, Steele, and Wilson. You can gain as much as 48 million in cap space. With the extension of Prescott also adding cap space, all this can be achieved.

Making Gallup a June 1st cut will give Dallas another 9.5 million.

It can be done, but it requires the team be very aggressive. Something they have not shown in the past.

Sydla

Reaction score
So they all want to be Cowboys? We can count on them?

Also, Overshown coming back means we only need 1 free agent LB and draft pick.
Yeah you don't need two ILBs

Willie Gay would be a nice addition. Jewell from Denver would be another name to consider. And we can always revisit Bobby Wagner. With the changes in Seattle, might Wagner be open to another team?

Sydla

Reaction score
Could be but Jerry was hurt by this loss so he's going to be more aggressive.
He said he was hurt by the season before Garrett was fired too.

Jerry says a lot of stuff you should put zero credence into.