2024 FA Additions and Depth Chart

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pollard, oh Pollard...

Spoiler alert: the Cowboys' run blocking wasn’t good in 2024.

The blame for the Cowboys ineptitude largely falls on Mike Solari, Dallas’ offensive line coach, and not on Pollard. The shift to inside zone rushing didn’t play to Pollard’s strengths or his linemen’s strengths.
Ya don't say... Who knew that our rb's couldn't get adequate blocking up front. Tony Pollard is better than it shows because of that inepitude of our big uglies in the way they are being coached my one Mike Solari. Now resign Tony if team friendly or let him walk if not. Regardless we need a bigger back as rb1.

Creeper

Reaction score
I like the addition of 2 defensive tackles. It shows a real commitment to fixing the biggest problem with the defense. But I would love for Jerry to go bigger and sign Christian Wilkins away from Miami. Wilkins will not only improve teh run defense, he will provide an inside pass rush. playing inside Ware with Micah at OLB or even MLB, it would be a nightmare for teams to run to that side or to double team Micah. Nothing wrong with the guys you listed but Wilkins is a true impact DT. Time for Jerry to make a statement about winning.

I like Gallup, I really do, as a teammate. But He is at best a WR3. Dallas needs a WR2, and it is not Cooks. I don't think the Cowboys can sign Wilkins and also sign a big WR so they may have to think cheaper at the position. Do we trust Martavis Bryant can fill this role? He doesn't have to be a star, but with his size, strength and if he still has speed, he might be a good WR2 opposite. CeeDee. Maybe he can be a possession type receiver. If not him, maybe Jalen Brooks makes a leap? Tolbert hasn't show me enough yet. Perhaps he is WR4.

They will need a C since Biadasz is a FA and I don't know if Dallas will re-sign him. They let Connor Williams and Connor McGovern go so I assume they will lose Biadasz too. They can draft a C in the first 2 rounds, but the Giants didn't have success with their rookie C this year, we should expect a rookie needs time to learn the ropes too. Brokc Hoffman or TJ Bass could fill inuntil the draft pick matures, then maybe TJ takes over for Zack Martin.

I think they need to draft a RB. I like Moss. I like Josh Jacobs more. I like Barkley but he is going to cost too much money. They probably all will which is why maybe drafting somebody is the better move.

Of course all of this depends on what they do with CeeDee. If he doesn't want an extension then what? At that point I think Dallas has to trade him and draft a WR.You know who wants WRs in the draft? The Giants and Commanders. We are not trading CeeDee to either of those teams but we want a top 15 pick for him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So let me start with WE are in WIN NOW MODE. everything im pasting here revolves around Dak Getting extended for an UNDETERMINED amount but massaged so that we are able to get the players here we need to put this defense over the top and make a RUN This year.

FA Additions I believe can help us but also NOT break the bank.
Our Players:
  • Let Gallup Walk
  • Let Pollard Walk
  • Extend Dak
  • Let Tyron Smith Walk
  • Extend Lamb
  • Resign Hankins for rotation.
FA Additions:

Draft we can now take BPA

here is a Sudo DEPTH CHART w/out Drafted players OR Second stringers, because the draft is a crap shoot and you cannot know who's getting drafted.

DepthChart
That will get you the no.1 pick in the 2025 Draft.

You want impact...
  • If the 49ers and Dolphins do not franchise Wilkins and Kinlaw, sign them.
  • Resign Ezekiel Elliott and get your 10-12 rushing TDs back, game close out runs, and 50 receptions back. He proved with a weak Patriot offense and no QB that he can still give you more redzone and game closing impact than Pollard who is not a RB.
  • Draft DTs that can stop the run to rush the pass, LBers that can stop the run to play the pass, Ball Hawking wig splitting FS, OL, then draft a RB, and speed no.2 WR.
  • If you keep Pollard play him as he is a WR, KR that can play a little RB. He is not a franchise RB that can carry the load.
  • Bring back Jabril Cox or get a player like him to move Bell back to S. Cox just need a year to get pass the knee injury. That would give you 2 former LSU LBs that wore no. 18. Add 2 young studs to this group and LB problem solved.
  • You have a 2nd team All Pro FB, use him.
  • Bring back the OL including Smith and Collins. Make sure you draft a LT (the draft is deep at OT).
  • Put Jerry on his Yacht now. Until after the 1st game of the regular season, keep him on the yacht.
  • Let Will McClay build your team and coaching staff completely with the Big Blue M&M.
  • Bring in Glenn Schumann, LB Coach Georgia, to coach LBs and groom for DC.
  • If Quinn leaves, promote Whitt or make Al Harris andn Schumann co DC if Whitt leaves with Quinn.
  • Have Dak extended to a pay cut or trade him ( or do both to trade him and you will see you get offers). If traded go defense in the draft (see above) and play Lance. If not traded you now have a team for a bus driver QB lead by its defense and running game (see Belichick's Ravens with Dilfer QB).