2024 Surprise First Round Pick

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I usually like to wait until we get closer to the draft to make a thread like this but since the Cowboys appear to be sitting out free agency, here we go. The last 3 seasons the Cowboys drafted 3 players that know one saw coming in Micah, Tyler, and Mazi in the first round.

My surprise pick in the first round this season is Trey Benson RB Florida State. Who do you guys have as the pick nobody will see coming?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don’t know if it counts as a big surprise…but I’m calling my shot on Jordan Morgan. The most ready to play LT to plug a hole
He supposedly has short arms. So that would be a surprise. Good one.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I usually like to wait until we get closer to the draft to make a thread like this but since the Cowboys appear to be sitting out free agency, here we go. The last 3 seasons the Cowboys drafted 3 players that know one saw coming in Micah, Tyler, and Mazi in the first round.

My surprise pick in the first round this season is Trey Benson RB Florida State. Who do you guys have as the pick nobody will see coming?
Brooks.

They are going to draft him in the first worried some other team would be dumb enough to take him before them in the second.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Brooks.

They are going to draft him in the first worried some other team would be dumb enough to take him before them in the second.
Good one. Brooks has the highest ceiling and he is coming of an ACL. Right up the Cowboys alley. :thumbup:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jordan Morgan or Zach Frazier if the other oline is wiped and they trade down a tad.

Dline like Newton, Murphy or Chop if they fall

One of the CBs if the others are wiped out.

Brian Thomas JR if he falls and our others are wiped

cnuball21

Reaction score
Looking at our formal combine list maybe BTJ.

There will be no surprise pick this year…it’s going to be OL no matter what bc that’s what we do. Then RB / LBr combo in rounds 2/3z

J-man

Reaction score
If the board gets wiped out of top O-line talent before 24, they will probably try to trade back a few spots and take either Morgan or Frazier. But, it will also mean that someone very good unexpectedly fell. Jerry is taking a lot of heat right not for not backing up his "all in" comments by sitting idle in FA. So we could see a surprise splash pic like Thomas Jr, Coleman, Verse, Murphy or Kool Aid just as easily.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We have pretty much telegraphed the pick as OL, due to our absolute refusal to replace Tyron and Biadasz in FA and lack of depth on the roster.

If we're talking off-the-wall picks, I'd say Payton Wilson.

starfan1

Reaction score
NFL-team-logo

Jackson Powers-JohnsonOC Oregon
NFL-team-logo

Trey BensonRB Florida State
NFL-team-logo

Braden FiskeDT Florida State
NFL-team-logo

Tommy EichenbergLB Ohio State
NFL-team-logo

Carson SteeleRB UCLA
NFL-team-logo

Ja'quan SheppardCB Maryland
NFL-team-logo

Jackson MitchellLB UConn

see with the help of PFF I can do McClays job sign me up. Bet your arse Im not taking a TE in round 2 :laugh: