2025 and 2026 Project Salary Cap Increases

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That’s BS. There’s much more to a contract than just the $’s. Ask Cee Dee.
Sure there is more to it, but $55M for Dak would be a steal that Jerry would be a fool to not get the rest figured out ASAP. Dak will sign for $60M per year minimum, I guarantee that. IMO $65M is likely what Dak is looking for right now as that lines up with what Burrow signed for. If he were to hit free agency I think this is pushing it, but $70M on a shorter deal probably isnt out of the question for a team with significant cap space.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s BS. There’s much more to a contract than just the $’s. Ask Cee Dee.
Well said. Whatever contract Dak signs has to account for an inherited $40 million cap hit. I'm sure length, guaranteed money, terms like no trade clauses, and franchise tags are also factoring into the negotiations.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure there is more to it, but $55M for Dak would be a steal that Jerry would be a fool to not get the rest figured out ASAP. Dak will sign for $60M per year minimum, I guarantee that. IMO $65M is likely what Dak is looking for right now as that lines up with what Burrow signed for. If he were to hit free agency I think this is pushing it, but $70M on a shorter deal probably isnt out of the question for a team with significant cap space.
I guess you don’t understand the current market for QB’s. No ones getting near 60m per year and Jerry’s not going to set the market and Dak has stated he’s not trying to set the market. I Know you hate Dak but just to spew this nonsense without knowing a clue about it is just agenda driven.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It wouldn’t matter if it was less than 15% (which his effective number could be early in the deal depending on how it’s structured). The money has never, ever been the real reason anyone wanted Dak Prescott gone. He could agree to play for $10 million a year and not one person on this board cheering for his departure would change their tune.

“It’s about the money” is the greatest grift in Cowboyszone history.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I guess you don’t understand the current market for QB’s. No ones getting near 60m per year and Jerry’s not going to set the market and Dak has stated he’s not trying to set the market. I Know you hate Dak but just to spew this nonsense without knowing a clue about it is just agenda driven.
1) I don't hate Dak, I've acknowledged multiple times on here that I think he is a legitimate top 10 QB in this league.
2) You clearly don't understand the QB market
3) Back Dak unconditionally all you want, I have zero issues with it, but you can't ignore simple math

All I'm doing is going off the numbers. Burrow signed for 24.5% of the cap. Allen signed for 23.5% of the cap. Herbert 23.4%. Jackson 23.1%. Even the guys with limited success in the league like Love and Lawrence are getting 21.5% of the cap.

Its extremely unrealistic to think that the cap is going to jump $35M next year and Daks agent isn't going to want a piece of that pie. If he matched Burrows numbers based on the 2025 cap thats $71M per year right there. $55M based on next years projections is just a tick under 19% of the cap which puts him all the way in Daniel Jones territory. No chance at all that he signs for Daniel Jones money. $65M puts him sandwiched between Hurts and Murray on the scale which seems about right.

You cant just look at the AAV these guys are getting and assume that tell the whole story. Its a moving target where 'setting the market' is an extremely vague term.

Also I would love to see where Dak said he is not trying to set the market. I have a feeling what he said and what you think he said are two different things here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1) I don't hate Dak, I've acknowledged multiple times on here that I think he is a legitimate top 10 QB in this league.
2) You clearly don't understand the QB market
3) Back Dak unconditionally all you want, I have zero issues with it, but you can't ignore simple math

All I'm doing is going off the numbers. Burrow signed for 24.5% of the cap. Allen signed for 23.5% of the cap. Herbert 23.4%. Jackson 23.1%. Even the guys with limited success in the league like Love and Lawrence are getting 21.5% of the cap.

Its extremely unrealistic to think that the cap is going to jump $35M next year and Daks agent isn't going to want a piece of that pie. If he matched Burrows numbers based on the 2025 cap thats $71M per year right there. $55M based on next years projections is just a tick under 19% of the cap which puts him all the way in Daniel Jones territory. No chance at all that he signs for Daniel Jones money. $65M puts him sandwiched between Hurts and Murray on the scale which seems about right.

You cant just look at the AAV these guys are getting and assume that tell the whole story. Its a moving target where 'setting the market' is an extremely vague term.

Also I would love to see where Dak said he is not trying to set the market. I have a feeling what he said and what you think he said are two different things here.
No one is getting $60 mil so Dak’s not going to get $60 mil. You’re just speculating to support your agenda.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak said publicly he’s not trying to set the market. Why won’t you acknowledge that? Rhetorical question.
He literally said that he has an obligation to reset the market for the brotherhood of the quarterbacks.....do you deny that?

." That's in that sense of pushing the envelope for the next man. That's why I said that. "

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No one is getting $60 mil so Dak’s not going to get $60 mil. You’re just speculating to support your agenda.
No agenda, I'm the one laying out actual data to back up my take. You're the one with the agenda which I have zero issue with until you make these ridiculous claim that I'm simply a Dak hater. It's completely uncalled for, and its exactly why you're always in the middle of every petty argument on this board.

I would love nothing more than for you to back up your take here with something of actual substance so that we can have an actual discussion on the topic, I'm actually open to a different perspective, but you probably can't because you post based off nothing but emotion.

Creeper

Reaction score
He’s not gettin nor asking for 65M.
That would seem far fetched, wouldn't it? But so was $40 million in 2021. I am not saying he is asking for $65 million, but I would be shocked if he takes less than $60 million And if Jerry waits until next year when he is a free agent to sign him, it will be $65 million.