FEATURED 20th Anniversary of 9/11 -- "Never Forget"

Deep_South

Reaction score
I watched the coverage on tv for a while and had to leave to do some work at the Federal Reserve downtown. All of the planes in the country were supposed to have landed a couple of hours before this, but as I was headed south down I-35 just past LBJ a big jet was coming in pretty low from east of downtown, and I was afraid it was going to loop around and crash in the downtown area because that was not a normal fight path. But, it kept going and probably ended up at DFW, but I don't really know. I do know my heart stopped for about 30 seconds and I was about as scared as I've ever been in my life. But, duty called, so I went down and took care of their computer problem at the Fed.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Never Forget my friends. God bless America.

ee85db5d129c4727381abdf42fd9e21f.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you get a chance watch the national geographic series 9/11 One day....so much unseen footage from that day....and gives a lot of stories some much needed context. Highly recommended...

plasticman

Reaction score
I was in my back yard mowing the grass. It was my one day off that week. My wife yelled to me to come in the house and watch the news. Only one tower had been hit at the time. I had sat down for about ten minutes when the second plane hit.

I called my work where I was the GM and told them to close down, go home to their families. A half hour later my boss called me to tell me to close the store and send everyone home.

I thought about my brother who was a Master Sergeant and a paratrooper in the 82nd. He ended up in Afghanistan and then Iraq. His son also joined the army and also ended up in the 82nd as well. He served two tours in Afghanistan. Thankfully they both came out of it unharmed.

My father joined the navy during World War II as a result of Pearl Harbor. He was only 15 when it happened but as soon as he turned 16 he tried to lie about his age and was caught. He joined three days after his 17 birthday. He said he joined because every person he knew felt as though Pearl Harbor was an attack on them personally. I never understood why until 9/11.