#21 rocks

Eskimo

Reaction score
It'll be a travesty if he doesn't make the Pro Bowl. He has had the best season as a Dallas CB since pre-toe injury Deion.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;3159373 said:
I don't think he was beat bad. He was in his hip pocket until he turned to look for the ball. He only slowed down when he realized the ball was thrown so short. Had he not done so, he wouldn't have got the pick.

http://img97.*************/img97/4797/jenkins.jpg

This next pic is AFTER he started slowing down when he realized the ball was short. He's just really good at tracking the ball in the air. And fast as all get out.

http://img198.*************/img198/9896/jenkins2.png
Could be...it might have been an instance where he just adjusted to the ball better than the receiver. But it looked like he turn after Henderson had half a step...which is all you need in this league.

It was a great play on the ball, but I think he lucked out on a way underthrown ball.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Future;3159351 said:
I thought he played great tonighht, as he has the last few weeks...but let's not get twisted, he was beat on that pic he had

He's got great ball skills, but that pick was a great play b/c brees has a noodel arm

You listen to the announcers too much.

Henderson had maybe a half step on him at most and it would have taken a perfect throw to make that play. Since the throw wasn't perfect, Jenkins was in better position to make the play on the ball and he did.

That was exactly how you are supposed to play it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eskimo;3159440 said:
You listen to the announcers too much.

Henderson had maybe a half step on him at most and it would have taken a perfect throw to make that play. Since the throw wasn't perfect, Jenkins was in better position to make the play on the ball and he did.

That was exactly how you are supposed to play it.
Erm...I couldn't hear the announcers at all during the game...and a half step is a whole bunch in this league.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Jenkins was in great position. When i heard Millen say Henderson had him beat i laughed..

Eskimo

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3159413 said:
Scandrick is almost always in position. He just can't make the play.

Keep in mind that Scandrick plays in the slot which is a tougher position to play. Most of Jenkins picks have come on routes that don't get run as much out of the slot (deep balls, come backs).

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Eskimo;3159447 said:
Keep in mind that Scandrick plays in the slot which is a tougher position to play. Most of Jenkins picks have come on routes that don't get run as much out of the slot (deep balls, come backs).

True.. I always thought and still think Newman is better in the slot.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Future;3159443 said:
Erm...I couldn't hear the announcers at all during the game...and a half step is a whole bunch in this league.

A half-step on a ball thrown 50 yards is not much on a sideline route. I think Jenkins just played the ball and made the pick. He didn't think Henderson had the speed to run by him and Henderson didn't.

Anyhow, the proof is in the pudding - Jenkins got the ball.

They didn't get a deep one on us all night with Ball, TNew and Jenkins all making plays.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
mike is quickly becoming my second fave defensive player on the team.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Yoshimitsu;3159452 said:
True.. I always thought and still think Newman is better in the slot.

This is true but the problem is Newman's health. The slot is more physically demanding position because of the need for run support.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eskimo;3159453 said:
A half-step on a ball thrown 50 yards is not much on a sideline route. I think Jenkins just played the ball and made the pick. He didn't think Henderson had the speed to run by him and Henderson didn't.

Anyhow, the proof is in the pudding - Jenkins got the ball.

They didn't get a deep one on us all night with Ball, TNew and Jenkins all making plays.
I know it was decent coverage, but that ball was well underthrown. Whether Henderson had 2 yards or half a step didn't matter.

Temo

Reaction score
dallas_u_jenkins12_800.jpg

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Future;3159513 said:
I know it was decent coverage, but that ball was well underthrown. Whether Henderson had 2 yards or half a step didn't matter.

It was underthrown on purpose. The saints do a lot of that back should throwing down the field when their man is covered, allowing the WR to adjust and make a play on the ball.

It usually works on CBs that are not looking back for the ball. If they watched film on Jenkins, they should've realized that he looks back for the ball as much as the WR or any CB have seen in a while. They shouldn't have attempted that throw on him and should've gone long instead.

It's not because Brees has a weak arm or whatever. The throw that Ball covered in the 1st half was way longer than that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Felix, Jenkins, Spencer, Phillips... Too bad we can't draft the last few years, isn't it? ;)

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Ozzu;3159609 said:
Does he have 'DAT' written on his towel? Interesting...

Wonder if it was a play off the 'Who dat' thing.
OMG, it actually says, "WE DAT."

How cool is dat?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Jenkins, coverage wise, reminds me of a poor man's Charles Woodson.

Maybe it's just the 21 and the half sleeves.

Either way, I can't believe he's gotten this good this FAST.

If he keeps progressing like this, we have a Top 5 CB on our squad ladies and gentlemen.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Ozzu;3159609 said:
Does he have 'DAT' written on his towel? Interesting...

Wonder if it was a play off the 'Who dat' thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It says "WE DAT"

Mike Jenkins just became my favorite player... his swag is on a whole nother universe.