25 Years Ago Today Remembering Princess Diana

Creeper

Reaction score
Am I the only one that didn't think she was even remotely attractive?

Well, she was remotely attractive. But a lot of posed pictures and glamming make her look better than her natural beauty. But Charles is no prize either.

I might be in the minority but I am not a fan of Diana. I think she was a little crazy, very naive, and very ungrateful, and honestly way too bitter towards the Royal Family. I think Harry is the son of her lover, not Charles. Call me crazy.

I am not excusing Charles who is a dullard and a fool, either. The two of them never should have gotten married. Both knew what they were getting into, did it anyway and then sulked about it.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Well, she was remotely attractive. But a lot of posed pictures and glamming make her look better than her natural beauty. But Charles is no prize either.

I might be in the minority but I am not a fan of Diana. I think she was a little crazy, very naive, and very ungrateful, and honestly way too bitter towards the Royal Family. I think Harry is the son of her lover, not Charles. Call me crazy.

I am not excusing Charles who is a dullard and a fool, either. The two of them never should have gotten married. Both knew what they were getting into, did it anyway and then sulked about it.
I am not really old enough to know much besides it was on TV a lot as a kid. But yeah you take away the glamour shots and she was skinny and that is about it. Big nose, goofy looking eyes I was always like why is she the most beautiful woman alive to so many. That and the whole 1776 thing made me not care about royals. As Dave Feherty on Dan Patrick put it Who cares about all those sniveling, pasty, inbreeds. LOL

paladin

Reaction score

I was always FAR more impressed by the Queen than by Princess Diana.

terra

Reaction score

Wow you swallowed the official royal excuse story hook line and sinker. Fact was that Diane DID NOT KNOW about Camilla; and expected Charles to be faithfull.
Charles NEVER meant to be and lied to her about it.
And as regards the royal servants, they were all against Diana because she was expected to be the proper Wife and ignore any infidelities.
She was VERY young and naive; no dobut.
But those like you unable to put the blame where it belongs is pretty sad. Charles was the one that CHOSE her and figured she would just pop out the heirs and ignore what he was doing and he was very wrong.

terra

Reaction score
I am not really old enough to know much besides it was on TV a lot as a kid. But yeah you take away the glamour shots and she was skinny and that is about it. Big nose, goofy looking eyes I was always like why is she the most beautiful woman alive to so many. That and the whole 1776 thing made me not care about royals. As Dave Feherty on Dan Patrick put it Who cares about all those sniveling, pasty, inbreeds. LOL
yes you are pretty much the only person who apparently has their vision that thinks that way.
Sounds to me like you WANTED to find a reason to say that; pretty pathetic.

Creeper

Reaction score
Wow you swallowed the official royal excuse story hook line and sinker. Fact was that Diane DID NOT KNOW about Camilla; and expected Charles to be faithfull.
Charles NEVER meant to be and lied to her about it.
And as regards the royal servants, they were all against Diana because she was expected to be the proper Wife and ignore any infidelities.
She was VERY young and naive; no dobut.
But those like you unable to put the blame where it belongs is pretty sad. Charles was the one that CHOSE her and figured she would just pop out the heirs and ignore what he was doing and he was very wrong.

You clearly misunderstood me. I never excused Charles for his behavior. Charles is a cad. But Diana wanted to take down the entire royal family because of what Charles did. Of course the Queen wanted to protect the monarchy, that is her job, and frankly she knows the monarchy is on thin ice as it is. And for the record, Diana found out about Camilla after the engagement but before the wedding.

Also, considering the queen has still not abdicated to allow her son to take the throne tells you all you need to know about how she feels about her own son. One can dislike both Diana and Charles.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Am I the only one that didn't think she was even remotely attractive?
Being a lady, I'll answer your question. Diana was not only beautiful on the outside, but in the inside as well. That's why she became the World's Princess. Looks fade, but what you can't see, doesn't.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Being a lady, I'll answer your question. Diana was not only beautiful on the outside, but in the inside as well. That's why she became the World's Princess. Looks fade, but what you can't see, doesn't.

Diana looked beautiful to me as well. May she R.I.P.

terra

Reaction score
You clearly misunderstood me. I never excused Charles for his behavior. Charles is a cad. But Diana wanted to take down the entire royal family because of what Charles did. Of course the Queen wanted to protect the monarchy, that is her job, and frankly she knows the monarchy is on thin ice as it is. And for the record, Diana found out about Camilla after the engagement but before the wedding.

Also, considering the queen has still not abdicated to allow her son to take the throne tells you all you need to know about how she feels about her own son. One can dislike both Diana and Charles.
According to Diana's sister she DID not know until later than that. Just maybe Diana thought she could push Camilla away. But then she was VERY young. So many like you keep conveniently forgetting not only how young she was but how protected and shielded she had been.

rags747

Reaction score
Was in Cape Cod for the week in a house we rented. Time goes fast!

Hoofbite

Reaction score

The video of her racing other moms barefoot is awesome. She wasn't there to just be "royal" she was there to be a mom.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I did not care one bit about the royals ....... but it still shocked me.

I cannot believe the "news Media" still get away with murder ........ literally.

There was Always paparazzi hounding Diana. But, on the night of her death, the hunt was notched up several levels, as there was quite a competition amongst them and their employers, to see who would be the first to snap pictures of Diana wearing her new engagement ring, from her Muslim boyfriend Dodi Fayed.

Some conspiracy theorists have conjectured that the Royal family would not allow Diana, the mother of the future King of England, to convert to Islam or to marry a Muslim. And the the British "CIA" was involved with her death...