25 Years Ago Today Remembering Princess Diana

shabazz

Reaction score
The Queen is one of the most remarkable people to live in our lifetimes. She may be one of the greatest monarch's to ever sit on the British throne.

personally, I’ll take Margaret Thatcher over any of these people. I’m aware she wasn’t Royalty but she was the greatest lady of Great Britain in the 20th century. She was a baller.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
personally, I’ll take Margaret Thatcher over any of these people. I’m aware she wasn’t Royalty but she was the greatest lady of Great Britain in the 20th century. She was a baller.

Despised by the vast, vast majority of Scousers, Welsh and Scots and generally a more controversial figure across Britain than seems to be portrayed over in the States.
Always remember a video of when she died some news channel interviewing folk on the street. A wee Scottish granny getting told she'd died and asked for a reaction, don't think they were expecting "good, they should drive a stake through her heart to make sure she doesn't come back" Maybe a bit strong but an example of how she is viewed by a lot who lived through her rule

shabazz

Reaction score
Despised by the vast, vast majority of Scousers, Welsh and Scots and generally a more controversial figure across Britain than seems to be portrayed over in the States.
Always remember a video of when she died some news channel interviewing folk on the street. A wee Scottish granny getting told she'd died and asked for a reaction, don't think they were expecting "good, they should drive a stake through her heart to make sure she doesn't come back" Maybe a bit strong but an example of how she is viewed by a lot who lived through her rule

Not surprised one bit. Many in the “motherland” backed Neville Chamberlains appeasement strategy over Winston Churchills correct leadership. History has a way of proving things and Thatchers history is one of strength. Great Lady and was the perfect compliment to our guy in facing down the evil empire.

BTW, what’s a Scouser?

terra

Reaction score
Not surprised one bit. Many in the “motherland” backed Neville Chamberlains appeasement strategy over Winston Churchills correct leadership. History has a way of proving things and Thatchers history is one of strength. Great Lady and was the perfect compliment to our guy in facing down the evil empire.

BTW, what’s a Scouser?
I believe its a derogatory term for someone from the Midlands but I am not sure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being a lady, I'll answer your question. Diana was not only beautiful on the outside, but in the inside as well. That's why she became the World's Princess. Looks fade, but what you can't see, doesn't.
^ This.

Self-perception of physical attractiveness varies from person to person. In my opinion, Diana was very pretty physically in every way. However, I would say she was more than beautiful on the inside. Her inner compassion for her fellow human beings has not been easily equaled by most folks.

Both Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana will be acknowledged for a very long time. They reached legendary status before dying too soon. And their legends continue to grow long after they left.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll admit that i am still upset and angry about the whole paparazzi pursuit, that led to Diana's death. And the damn nerves of those same paparazzi that swarmed and photo snaps pics of the
corpses at the horrific wrecked car crash scene, that ended up being all over the net.

i wonder how many laws have been created to protect those from paparazzi . i thought i had heard of a couple of celebrities that said they had to move to France
because that was the only country that forbid paparazzi harassment.

But such as the States, there's countless upon countless times i've seen celebrities going berserk in public because of relentless paparazzi bullying and harassment.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lived in England for 4 years in the late 80's. There was not one night where at least one news segment didn't mention Diana. I liked her enough but I thought if I saw another report of her I was going to "Di, Di, Di!. I was asleep when my ex-wife woke me up to tell me Diana had died. It took me a few seconds to understand because I didn't know any one named Diana. My ex cried and cried and I kept wondering why she was so upset for someone she didn't know.

terra

Reaction score
I'll admit that i am still upset and angry about the whole paparazzi pursuit, that led to Diana's death. And the damn nerves of those same paparazzi that swarmed and photo snaps pics of the
corpses at the horrific wrecked car crash scene, that ended up being all over the net.

i wonder how many laws have been created to protect those from paparazzi . i thought i had heard of a couple of celebrities that said they had to move to France
because that was the only country that forbid paparazzi harassment.

But such as the States, there's countless upon countless times i've seen celebrities going berserk in public because of relentless paparazzi bullying and harassment.
yeah, I remember how the press were being all butt hurt about getting blamed but why should anyone be surprised. They are even worse now.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
^ This.

Self-perception of physical attractiveness varies from person to person. In my opinion, Diana was very pretty physically in every way. However, I would say she was more than beautiful on the inside. Her inner compassion for her fellow human beings has not been easily equaled by most folks.
What a lovely post DE. You hit it on the nose.

csirl

Reaction score
The only person to survive the crash was the only person who wore a seatbelt.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Diana did predict she would die in a car accident and had previously been concerned about car tampering. One of her earlier bodyguards who she really liked had also died in a road traffic accident after being removed from being her bodyguard. I'm not spreading conjecture, this is fact.

Margaret Thatcher was a hard woman and I know people who hate her passionately to this day. The Falklands War gave her ratings a boost but she was the woman who took away free milk from school children and was generally seen as someone who favoured the rich and was hard on the poor.