26 rushing yards allowed 1.1 yards per carry. how?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a few mentioned in the game threads. Seems they sacrificed the pass rush some in order to control the LOS.

Later on dialed up the pass rush a bit more.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The defense still looks discombobulated at times. The pass rush was minimal at best. Mazi played much better this game. I guess the media calling him out yesterday morning was motivation.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I actually think it was about maintaining gap responsibilities. Not running around over pursuing. The ends set the edge. Need more of that. Keep everything in front of us

Mazi also had a good game from my vantage point
Saw a review of the previous game. It was all just people not maintaining gap responsibilities. Especially the ends setting a backside edge.

Mazi being even just adequate going forward would be huge.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We played the Giants but we will see how the next few games go and will give a better picture. The fact the Giants are horrible and we barely won is not good though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Interior play was much improved, Mazi was a very noticeable jump. Linebacker play was much improved as well, including Overshown who really surprised me in the run game. I dont care if it is the Giants, you hold and NFL team to 1.1 YPC on 20+ attempts and it deserves some applause, especially getting things fixed on a short week like this.

There are some clear negatives to this game, but ultimately its a win, a step in the right direction, and now you have the mini bye to prepare for a better opponent in Pittsburgh.

dfense

Reaction score
Giants were in the bottom 3rd in rushing before this game. Giants didn't punt tonight so that should tell you everything you need to know about the defense.
They didn't sniff the endzone either. Weird combination.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
The whole game looked lame. PS like. For both teams
yeah I thought our preseason games were over as of last week.

the young OL I thought would finally gel this game. I was wrong. Guess that needs more time in the oven. Maybe by next game.

Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin - yikes, would be nice for someone to step up

on offense, it seemed Luepke continues to show he knows what he's doing

Aven8

Reaction score
yeah I thought our preseason games were over as of last week.

the young OL I thought would finally gel this game. I was wrong. Guess that needs more time in the oven. Maybe by next game.

Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin - yikes, would be nice for someone to step up

on offense, it seemed Luepke continues to show he knows what he's doing
Turp barely played. I just don’t get it

gtb1943

Reaction score
The giants are pretty bad but Mazi finally showing up and the defense playing with discipline all contributed to this

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The gameplan was obvious and many of us suggested it before the game - go all out to stop the run, and force Danny Dimes to beat you with his arm.