26 rushing yards allowed 1.1 yards per carry. how?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I don't understand how you can be so bad 2 weeks and this good the next week. I know the competition was different, but it just screams lack of effort in the losses.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
As a few mentioned in the game threads. Seems they sacrificed the pass rush some in order to control the LOS.

Later on dialed up the pass rush a bit more.

That's how it supposed to be though. Stop them on first and 2nd down and create third and longs. I felt on early downs our ends weren't crashing down, we were playing contain. First two weeks we've been beat more on outside runs, that should tell you something. Teams saw that on film and were taking advantage.

Stop the run, score on offense, make the other team on dimensional and we'll see plenty of pass rush opportunities. As a matter of fact we had more opportunities to rush the passer in this game than maybe the first two games combined. Cause we stopped the run early.

As someone put it before "no hero ball".

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It is a good sign when the team responds with better effort, focus, intensity, and production on the road on a short week

The team is by no means “magically fixed” — but there were plenty of folks expecting Dallas to lose this game after the Giants showing in Cleveland on Sunday.

How they play in Pitt will say a lot. Do they continue to improve and build momentum or do they revert back to bad habits and patterns and crap the bed again?

For the record— my opinion is simple: the regular season does not matter when it comes to this team. Their own statements and 3 straight 12 win seasons place the expectations on a significant showing in the postseason.

They could go 17-0 and it won’t matter until they play their best when it matters most— bc that is what championship caliber teams do, and that is supposedly what they are trying to re-establish for this franchise

blueblood70

Reaction score
They didn't play hero ball. Hooker almost did on that pass
this is true but really him jumping for that ball blocked the view of the receiver and that's why he never relocated the ball so either way it was a good play it was nearly batted down or intercepted by him blocking the view of the receiver actually is why the receiver couldn't find the ball... I wouldn't call that hero ball he was literally trying to make a play he was right in the right position what 1 inch from touching that ball that happens

now Donovan Wilson was playing hero ball Donovan Wilson this year is the weak spot in that safety room and I think Thomas needs to take his place in my opinion at least for a few weeks to see if he's better

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is a good sign when the team responds with better effort, focus, intensity, and production on the road on a short week

The team is by no means “magically fixed” — but there were plenty of folks expecting Dallas to lose this game after the Giants showing in Cleveland on Sunday.

How they play in Pitt will say a lot. Do they continue to improve and build momentum or do they revert back to bad habits and patterns and crap the bed again?

For the record— my opinion is simple: the regular season does not matter when it comes to this team. Their own statements and 3 straight 12 win seasons place the expectations on a significant showing in the postseason.

They could go 17-0 and it won’t matter until they play their best when it matters most— bc that is what championship caliber teams do, and that is supposedly what they are trying to re-establish for this franchise
yes the only good thing is Pittsburgh is a poor man's version of the Ravens and we just played a very similar offensive defense and given we just played on the road against another mobile quarterback they may not have been on the same level of pushing the run game on us I think this team has enough experience over the last three weeks they can handle pittsburgh. Definitely gonna be tough but each game you should take a step in fixing your weak spots and I think some of it's the coaching and I think Donovan Wilson needs to be benched or just used as a rotational guy and I think Thomas needs to take his place just to see if we can get better there because he's playing hero ball the last three weeks I've just seen a guy getting burnt on the back end not helping the young corners and he's playing hero balls with tackling he's like launching himself he's out of position I just don't believe he should be the starter right now and I know bell was missing but I think Thomas or bell needs to take his place Thomas I think is a little bigger if you wanna play strong safety type up front that to me is a bigger problem than worrying about some of the other things we're talking about today Donovan Wilson has been one of our worst players the last three weeks

I'm no expert but my eyes are telling me something needs to change there or naji Harris is gonna use him like a rag doll I mean he is not tackling well and we're gonna need to tackle well and go after another mobile quarterback who can throw the deep ball and we better get to them and I think Donovan Wilson is the weak spot I mean we have a lot of other problems that need to be fixed but to me he's the most glaring most consistent weak spot on the team..