2nd round pick since Jimmy Johnson left are busts busts busts

202544°Donovan EzeiruakuDEBoston College
202456°Marshawn KneelandDEWestern Michigan
202358°Luke SchoonmakerTEMichigan
202256°Sam WilliamsDEMississippi
202144°Kelvin JosephCBKentucky
202051°Trevon DiggsCBAlabama
201958°Trysten HillDTCentral Florida
201850°Connor WilliamsGTexas
201760°Chidobe AwuzieCBColorado
201634°Jaylon SmithLBNotre Dame
201560°Randy GregoryDENebraska
201447°DeMarcus LawrenceDEBoise State
201331° (59°)Gavin EscobarTESan Diego State
201245°Mike JenkinsCBSouth Florida
201140°Bruce CarterLBNorth Carolina
201059°Sean LeeLBPenn State
2009—Nessuna scelta al 2° giro——
200861°Martellus BennettTETexas A&M
200753°James MartenOTBoston College
200653°Anthony FasanoTENotre Dame
200542°Kevin BurnettLBTennessee
200454°Jacob Rodgers (Newhouse)OTTexas Christian
200355°Al JohnsonCWisconsin
200237°Antonio BryantWRPittsburgh
200241°Andre GurodeC/GColorado
200154°Quincy CarterQBGeorgia
200049°Idi AminDT—
199938°Wayne Hamrick / Alonzo Spellman (etc.) — Mariano G.) / quant'altro——
199860°Ryan Lilja / Greg Ellis era 1° giro, etc.——
199756°Ebenezer Ekuban / etc.——
199654°Kavika PittmanDEUTEP
Jimmy cut 3 of his 3rd round picks before they finished their rookie training camps.
 
EXACTLY!!! We might as well trade them all, we have bad luck in round 2
What some don't get is the hit rate isn't that great for any team in the second round. The highest succeed on about 60 percent of their picks ... and that's just if you are counting starters, not necessarily quality starters.

The problem with trading for players, of course, is you get them several years after they enter the league, so there is more wear and tear on them, and they cost more because they are on their second or third contract.

Still, considering how cheap we are in free agency (other than with our own players), it's our best chance of getting quality (yet costly) veteran players.
 
Jimmy cut 3 of his 3rd round picks before they finished their rookie training camps.
We were the beneficiaries of trades that netted us multiple early picks AND making a lot of picks. That allowed us to miss on some and it not be a big deal. When you just have fewer picks, missing on one means more, especially if you are not filling the gaps with quality vets.
 
Actually that is all and I would not put Burnett there.
A first rd guy should be a starter soon if not right away and be a pro bowl player
a second rd pick should start soon and be a quality starter for several years at least
less than ONE THIRD of our 2nd rd picks can be called that
Well then the lost was wrong alot of them contributed or some good years
 
They usually burn their 2nd on a project.
Bingo. So the way I look at it is I’d rather have JPJ than watch another failed project. Jerry has a pattern of getting “cute” with the 2nd. So essentially he got cute with 2028’s 2nd round with a proven player. The only way I don’t like this is if they don’t resign him. A 1 year rental for a 2nd rounder is pretty even if we get a 3rd round comp pick back. If we’re going to rent a player I’d rather break even on the rounds.
 
Taking an offensive lineman in the 2nd round is probably the safest thing to do. I recall Larry Allen, Flozell Adams, Solomon Page.
 
They also typically take time to develop if they develop at all. The money is a non issue since they can extend him today without issue.
I just get concerned we will have several players sucking up the majority of our cap
We will have a bunch of scrubs playing a lot of other positions
 
I just get concerned we will have several players sucking up the majority of our cap
We will have a bunch of scrubs playing a lot of other positions
Welcome to Dallas football. Really I hear what you are saying and it isn't wrong. But I think its a better move to aquire a good known talent than to simply use picks and guess. Dallas isn't terrible at drafting overall but they aren't great at drafting defense and Micah was luck. I just hope he isn't a 1 year rental.
 
Bingo. So the way I look at it is I’d rather have JPJ than watch another failed project. Jerry has a pattern of getting “cute” with the 2nd. So essentially he got cute with 2028’s 2nd round with a proven player. The only way I don’t like this is if they don’t resign him. A 1 year rental for a 2nd rounder is pretty even if we get a 3rd round comp pick back. If we’re going to rent a player I’d rather break even on the rounds.
and how many projects ever work out?
using a second on one is stupid
that is for fourth rounds and later
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,030
Messages
14,658,311
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top