2nd round pick since Jimmy Johnson left are busts busts busts

Cowboys fans are SO IN LOVE with draft picks. What exactly have we done with all of these draft picks over the last 30 years? I personally don't give a flying freak about any draft pick unless it's a top 5 draft pick, and yeah I said it. We have gone through Zeke/Roy Williams/ this person, that person, and have nothing to show for it, so LET'S DO IT ANOTHER WAY. Screw it, let's trade like the Mavs traded and got to the finals twice over it in previous years. In other words, let's try something new.
 
Greg Ellis was a game changer before breaking his leg. If he keeps up the same production he had in year 2 before breaking his leg, first ballot Hall of Famer. As for the rest of the list, I think we traded back in the draft and missed out on Tony brackens and settled for "Kavika."

Jerry actually made attempts before this list and tried trading up to draft Willie McGinnist. We settled for Shante Carver, who the Packers had a sixth round grade on. Supposedly he had a major alcohol problem.
Greg Ellis was a very solid player but all I see when I hear that name is passing up on Randy Moss.
 
After the 1st round our picks are average! I would much have a player that has proven himself then guess draft picks!
 
Lot of busts in that list.
There were also some quality players that went on to get a second contract either with the cowboys or other teams.

Some like Sean Lee was an issue of his injury history but otherwise when healthy he was a hell of a player.
Agreed. Some of those players went on to make all-pro or pro-bowls. Maybe not for Dallas but Diggs, Jaylen Smith, Martellus Bennett, and DLaw had some good years.
 
The Cowboys drafted
Idi Amin
Military officer and former President of Uganda in 2000?
I thought it was a pretty bad decision at the time. Not only did he have no football experience he was in his 70's . Hindsight is 20/20 but I think they shouldn't have been surprised that he never saw the field.

Jerry really swung for the fences with that one. I hear the next year they had to pry Muammar Gaddafi's draft card out of his hands.
 
There are several errors on this chart. Ekuban was a 1st round pick in 1999, not a second in 1997. Team had no 2nd round pick in 1998, Ellis was their 1st and Ryan Lilja was never a Cowboy. The second round pick in 1999 was Solomon Page and the 2nd round pick in 2000 was Dwayne Goodrich.
sadly that only makes it worse
 
If a team wanted to be a real contender, they had to do better than we have. THAT is obvious.
Now second rd is not everything, but the number of flat out busts there says a lot about the Front Office.
I doubt our thrid rd average was not all that either
 
Boo hoo.

You going to admit that you were wrong and/or can't read?
Not wrong at all. But your still crying. You'll continue to cry. It's what you do. Go read your post. I was clearly responding to the 1st part of your post. If you can not comprehend that that's on you. Cry on.
 
AVERAGE
so you are happy about average
Lol wow!
Do you have reading comprehension skills issues?
25-33% is a league wide percentage.
Not an average!
There's nothing to be happy or mad about
 
Lol wow!
Do you have reading comprehension skills issues?
25-33% is a league wide percentage.
Not an average!
There's nothing to be happy or mad about
that is the AVERAGE for the league/ you clearly have no clue about this
you are claiming EVERYONE is doing the same percentage- NOW DO YOU GET IT?
EVERY TEAM IS DIFFERENT. Some are better and some are worse
We clearly are not better; we do not even reach the average
 
The downside is that you don't get surplus contract value.

With the cap situation right now, though, that's not a big deal.
Because you clearly do not know what you write. This was in response to something I said. I do understand your entire post was pointless but I chose to respond anyway...because I can.
 
Its not even bad luck its improper evaluation
I also wonder if...er...um..the "culture"...has anyting to do with it.

I know I would certainly be motivated to excel. But I wonder if these guys got coached up and threatened? :)


Or Country Clubbed?

With Jerry's habit to do the opposite of any other successful club...that idea would apply every bit as much as draft gambles.
 
Absolutely no comprehension of what I said I said it makes them not a bust It is not a bust the word bust should not be used i'm sorry I'm not arguing with you by the way I have you on ignore and semi allowed you to come on my screen you're now disallowed you don't understand what I meant Now there's more than four making the Pro Bowl and making the playoffs as a starting quarterback just it's the opposite of a bust Are there a lot of disappointments yes That's not what we're talking about the word bust means they never did anything in the NFL at all..

So why don't you go away because I'm not talking to people who speak like casual fans I am not a casual I understand the difference between a bust but I also know the other way Baker Mayfield was not a number one draft pick he has not even yet to this day played like a number one draft pick so he was picked number one overall it means he's a bust right he didn't live up to the number one billy picking number one overall are you calling Jadeavian Clowney a complete bust in this league He was taking first overall He did not live up to that that is not a bust That guy Chase Young that was taken top five by the Washington team you know he's a good player right he just isn't a top five player so is he a bust I mean he's still playing he's contributing in the NFL that makes you not a bust It makes you disappointing but you don't understand the difference but I do..
He tells the guy to go away, then goes on to write another novel. What on earth is up with this forum
 
Because you clearly do not know what you write. This was in response to something I said. I do understand your entire post was pointless but I chose to respond anyway...because I can.
Lou is not here to have honest sincere discussions. It leads to illogical contentious uncivilized talk.

Here's here to bully people. Very obvious. Must be unhappy in real life poor kid.
 
that is the AVERAGE for the league/ you clearly have no clue about this
you are claiming EVERYONE is doing the same percentage- NOW DO YOU GET IT?
EVERY TEAM IS DIFFERENT. Some are better and some are worse
We clearly are not better; we do not even reach the average
An percentage represents a portion of a whole out of 100.
An average represents the central value of a data set.
I'm sorry you lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend the difference in the 2!
But hey, please type some more foolishness in all caps!
 
Because you clearly do not know what you write. This was in response to something I said. I do understand your entire post was pointless but I chose to respond anyway...because I can.
It is bad because you don't get surplus value on a rookie deal.

It doesn't matter much because they have a ton of cap space.

Follow along
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,016
Messages
14,657,218
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top