2nd updated mock

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Assuming a CBA deal gets done before the draft, Dallas signs:

S Michael Huff (penciled in as the starting FS)
OT Tyson Clabo (penciled in as the starting RT)

Marion Barber and Marc Colombo are released.

The Cowboys are sitting at #9 with Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara both off the board. Dallas would have traded up to the #6 spot for PP, but this does not happen. Therefore, Dallas thinks they can trade down, and still get their man.

1st round, Dallas trades with Seattle, receives SEA's 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011, and SEA's 2nd rounder in 2012. Seattle selects their QB, and Dallas, at #25 overall selects:

Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal

Jordan will step in from day 1 and compete for a starting job. I expect him to win that job, and this will hopefully create a luxury for Dallas to release Olshansky. We need that DE who is a pass-rushing threat as well.

2nd round, 2a, Dallas selects:

Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

The Cowboys are thrilled that Harris falls to them at the top of the 2nd round. Newman is getting old, Scandrick is in a contract year and Jenkins is an unknown at this point. Great pick.

2nd round, 2b, Dallas selects:

Stefen Wisniewski, G/C, Penn State

Drafting a smart and durable player like Wisniewski gives Dallas a viable replacement for Kosier this year, and gives flexibility for the future if the team decides to move on from Andre Gurode in 2012. This guy is such a smart player, and will definitely play in this league for a long time.

3rd round, Dallas selects:

Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

Dallas is thrilled that Taylor is still on the board on day 3. Taylor drops due to character concerns and an iffy combine, but the Cowboys still feel Rob Ryan can get his maximum potential. With Ratliff possibly moving to DE, we'll need a big body at nose tackle.

4th round, 4a, Dallas selects:

Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina

Williams falls to injury concerns but there's no doubt this guy is a playmaker.

4th round, 4b, Dallas selects:

Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

Solid depth at the tackle position; something that plagued the Cowboys in 2010.

5th round, Dallas selects:

John Clay, RB, Wisconsin

Here's the bruising back that will replace Marion Barber.

6th round, Dallas selects:

Cliff Matthews, OLB, South Carolina

Another OLB to compete with Butler and Brandon Williams.

7th round, Dallas selects:

Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh

I'm not sold on Gronkowski, so more competition is needed at the fullback position.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Nice mock. I don't like Taylor though. Has a low motor and not pleased with the character concerns. To be kicked off of a team is pretty bad.

Tobal

Reaction score
If Taylor was there in the 3rd I'd jump all over it, just don't think he'll be there. Jordan probably won't be there at 25 either.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
No way Seattle parts with that many picks/trades that far up. If they want a quarterback they can get one in the teens. All the quarterbacks in this class are too close to value one that much.

According to most scouts Cameron Jordan is really rising on draft boards, so even if Seattle did make that big a blunder, I doubt Jordan is there. Maybe Cameron Heyward (who I would rather have anyway).

No way Taylor makes it to the third round.

I don't think Clay and/or Mathews fall that far either.