2nd Wave of FA about to take place

Carson

Reaction score
Logan Ryan is an interesting name and not mentioned much.

Isn’t he purely a slot corner though?

I think Ha Ha Clinton Nix is still available. He played well on a 1 year contract for the Bears last year.

After being drafted by McCarthy, you would think he would snatch him up if he wanted him :(

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am puzzled at their handling of S.
But who would you have pursued?
Wasn't a strong market, and Justin Simmons got tagged early,, just take a look at who was available.
I thought about Ha Ha, former affiliation with MM, but I haven't checked to see if he has been signed yet.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas has at least been willing to sign a couple guys so far — and that’s progress compared to the last few years.

Hoping a couple more decent pieces can be added before the draft

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
On the NFL.com top 100 free agent rankings...

#2 DE Jadaveon Clowney
#20 S Vonn Bell
#23 DE Everson Griffen
#26 WR Emmanuel Sanders
#27 DT Shelby Harris
#35 CB Logan Ryan
#37 S Ha Ha Clinton Dix
#39 S Damarious Randall
#51 Ndamukong Suh
#60 CB Ronald Darby
#64 Edge Markus Golden
#65 S Adrian Phillips
#70 CB Jimmy Smith
#77 CB Brashaud Breeland
#78 CB Prince Amukamara
#83 S Clayton Geathers

still some meat left on the bone
There are like 5 guys I'd grab off of this list. Nice.

I'm puzzled about the lack of moves to create more cap. Cutting bait with Tyrone Crawford and Chris Jones, plus actually extending Dak would create so much room to actually make some noise.

Carson

Reaction score
Wasn't a strong market, and Justin Simmons got tagged early,, just take a look at who was available.
I thought about Ha Ha, former affiliation with MM, but I haven't checked to see if he has been signed yet.

Joseph, Kearse are both on one year cheap deals and upgrades

Sydla

Reaction score

Joseph could have been had for cheap. Dix is still out there but is probably more a FS. Von Bell, who I am not a huge fan of but was better than Heath?

There were options in FA for S and once again we just don't seem to care. It's clear this front office thinks Ss are one of the more useless positions on the team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Joseph could have been had for cheap. Dix is still out there but is probably more a FS. Von Bell, who I am not a huge fan of but was better than Heath?

There were options in FA for S and once again we just don't seem to care. It's clear this front office thinks Ss are one of the more useless positions on the team.
I think your realizing what Ive been saying, there just wasn't much available on the market this year,, Von Bell, just by name sake, he seemed to carry that draft stock reputation,
but has been dinged his entire career, so comparing him to Heath, who at least played healthy most of his career, that's a stretch.
Just an overall weak FA market and not worth the cap, when a stacked safety draft could net you a much higher ceiling.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
On the NFL.com top 100 free agent rankings...

#2 DE Jadaveon Clowney
#20 S Vonn Bell
#23 DE Everson Griffen
#26 WR Emmanuel Sanders
#27 DT Shelby Harris
#35 CB Logan Ryan
#37 S Ha Ha Clinton Dix
#39 S Damarious Randall
#51 Ndamukong Suh
#60 CB Ronald Darby
#64 Edge Markus Golden
#65 S Adrian Phillips
#70 CB Jimmy Smith
#77 CB Brashaud Breeland
#78 CB Prince Amukamara
#83 S Clayton Geathers

still some meat left on the bone
Every single S on this list is an upgrade to what we currently have.