2nd Wave of FA about to take place

817Gill

Reaction score
Tall task to ask your first three picks to be day one starters at CB, S and likely DE

Hopefully Gregory returns and eliminates the need at RDE
I think we are uncertain about Randy, but I don’t think the FO is. There is really no reason Randy wouldn’t get reinstated and I think the team knows that more than me. Once reinstated, the CBA rule changes have suddenly made him reliable. He won’t be missing any games from positive tests.

Randy is an uncertainty to us, but if the FO knows he’s coming back. Gregory, Crawford, Armstrong, Jackson, Jelks is solid enough for RDE not to be a huge FA priority. If we see them sign someone of note there then Randy is probably not coming back. So I don’t except anyone to get picked up at DE

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Everson Griffen is the best bet out there at DE, although, the Cowboys may not like what he wants to sign. :omg:

That's just sad. Is it remotely possible that they're saving their "mattress money" for Dak?? Just food for thought!

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Everson Griffen is the best bet out there at DE, although, the Cowboys likely don't want to hear what he's wanting to sign. It's just sad. :rolleyes:
we are penny pinching curmudgeons. Its good at times, but in other cases, we need to know when its time to go get a guy. Stevie don't seem to care.

BIGS87

Reaction score
On the NFL.com top 100 free agent rankings...

#2 DE Jadaveon Clowney
#20 S Vonn Bell
#23 DE Everson Griffen
#26 WR Emmanuel Sanders
#27 DT Shelby Harris
#35 CB Logan Ryan
#37 S Ha Ha Clinton Dix
#39 S Damarious Randall
#51 Ndamukong Suh
#60 CB Ronald Darby
#64 Edge Markus Golden
#65 S Adrian Phillips
#70 CB Jimmy Smith
#77 CB Brashaud Breeland
#78 CB Prince Amukamara
#83 S Clayton Geathers

still some meat left on the bone

can you imagine a line up Lawrence, McCoy, Suh and Gregory.. hopefully they can sign Suh to a 1 year deal.

Wood

Reaction score
-2 surprises happen early on in fa, team lost Robert Quinn & Randall Cobb, 2 players we heard the team hoped to retain. Great WR Class, but not so much with edge rushers. Since the development of Defensive Lineman takes time, signing a fa makes the most sense. Griffen, Vernon are two names I hope are on the team's radar.

-It appears that we won't see another CB fa signing as the Front Office decided to not invest in either Chris Harris or Trufant. 4 rostered CB's, should looks like #5 will come from the draft, perhaps even our 1st rd pick. It wouldn't me that they won't draft a couple as both Awuzie/Lewis are fa's after the season. Strong CB class can find us a, impact, plug and play starter.

-The NT/1-Tech class is starting to thin out. Will the team finally fill the need or continue to bring in bottom feeders at the position? The likes of Billings, Snacks Harrison are still available.

-I just cannot see the team staying pat at the safety position. Woods is scheduled to become a fa in 2021. Thompson is strictly a backup and Wilson is a very green prospect. There is still a lot of quality out there in fa.

Team still has a lot of cap room, in which they can even create more cap space, they are far from finished.

Main problem is GM operates as if he can never be fired and they still see themselves as post-SB winning team in which players will seek them out. Those days are long gone. You have to attack FA as much as attacking the Draft. Howie Roseman has cracked code - be aggressive, take big swings because fans appreciate the effort even if it doesn't work out. What fans can't tolerate is complacency and Cowboys are guilty of that for past 25 years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
can you imagine a line up Lawrence, McCoy, Suh and Gregory.. hopefully they can sign Suh to a 1 year deal.
ON PAPER it looks great. In reality, it may not be all that great. Do we really know about Gregory just yet? Will Dlaw refocus on football? How much does Suh love the game? McCoy is a stud...and the anchor in the middle. We better draft accordingly and help him. Counting on older vets like Suh is risky.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
we are penny pinching curmudgeons. Its good at times, but in other cases, we need to know when its time to go get a guy. Stevie don't seem to care.

Jerry's got his fancy yacht and son Stephen has his mansion -- they're sitting pretty. Like Alfred E. Newman, they're not worried. ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
But who would you have pursued?
Wasn't a strong market, and Justin Simmons got tagged early,, just take a look at who was available.
I thought about Ha Ha, former affiliation with MM, but I haven't checked to see if he has been signed yet.

There's a strong undercurrent of excitement up north that he'll return to the Bears. We'd better hurry it up if we want to sign him.

Last edited:

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Looks to me that the draft is where we will be getting the biggest infux of talent - if Kinlaw is gone before # 17, (and chances are, he will be) it's still a toss up between corner and safety.
I love the McCoy pick up, but it's not enough
Still too many holes, to hope the draft can cover everything. As I've already said - GET DAKS DEAL DONE !
Free up a bunch more money, grab Clowney , so that would eliminate DE. And your draft slots can fill safety, corner, and DT early. Still need another WR, go grab Sanders. Draft a 4th rounder, then some STers with what you have left.
If we continue to bottom feed FAs we are not improving. Right now, we are losing the arms race to Philly. And with all the time we have had to get Daks deal done, thus freeing up the money, it really pisses me off !

Sydla

Reaction score
Personally, I’m shocked and angered we didn’t prioritize either a S or a big 1- tech. I didn’t see this coming.

The team has 1) been cheap in FA for years 2) shown time and time again they don't prioritize the S or the 1T position.

I know we were hoping they'd wake up but no one should be surprised by what the Jones dolts are doing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Personally, I’m shocked and angered we didn’t prioritize either a S or a big 1- tech. I didn’t see this coming.

I'm a bit ticked myself. It looks like we may be saving it for the draft, barring a late FA deal. :rolleyes:

Elusiv1

Reaction score
I like Sanders like most but i think he's going to cost too much, i'd rather go for someone like Phillip Dorsett, as he gives us that jet sweep player + slot + returner.
Oh definitely i forgot about him, he had a pretty good season with the Pats last year!! He would definitely be a great addition for Cobb!

lwehlers

Reaction score
I see the cowboys waiting till the draft to fill the rest of the defense needs. unless they can get a top player on a one year deal. a rookie safety would be just as good or maybe better then the rest of the scrub safeties left in free agency.