3 all pros on the offensive line again?

75boyz

Reaction score
Who, with any credibility whatsoever, said Tyler Smith’s All-Pro honors were borderline and there is a sure fire argument against his recognition?
Yeah,
HUGE difference between pro bowl and all pro.
HUGE.
One is credible, the other not so much.
One is a favorites popularity list where deserving guys get out voted regularly because of past reputation of older guys and even fans can vote. (Pro Bowl)

The other is a list of the 3 or 4 players who are the best at their positions voted on by the sports writers. (All Pro)

No such thing as borderline All Pro first or second team.
All Pro means you had a credibly recognized regular season performance as one of the best at your position.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Alright - if we are going to talk o-line, I’m down for it.

OT - Rayfield Wright - Erik Williams (OM T Smith)
OG - Larry Allen - Z Martin
OC - Mark Stepnoski (OM T Fred)

Just wanted to ensure Rayfield got some credit :)
What about Phil Pozderac?

MikeT22

Reaction score
In 2025 the OL should be:

LT - Guyton
LG- Smith
C- Beebe
RG- Bass
RT - Steele

That’s 2 first rounders, a 3rd rounder and 2 UDFA’s. Perfect allocation of resources IMO
We better run left

MikeT22

Reaction score
But everybody was begging for us not to draft Guyton. Now everybody loves him. There’s a good chance we’re very weak out OT with Steele and a rookie Guyton.
Obviously not everybody and many who did object, objected taking him at 24.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I will ask again.

Who, with any credibility whatsoever, said Tyler Smith’s All-Pro honors were borderline and there is a sure fire argument against his recognition?
You know how you get chosen to be All Pro do you ? If not here is the explanation:

"The All-Pro Team is an annual selection of the best players in the NFL by position as selected by a national panel of AP media members."

Tyler was second team all Pro. So the commitee that decides wether you are an All Pro or not decided that he is in your words "borderline".
I hope the commitee that decideds who is All Pro has enough credibility for you.
If you want arguments for that decission ask them.

Fact is he is not/was not an All Pro.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
From all reports, Beebee seems like great value in the 3rd. Not as much pre-draft upside as the OC who went in the 1st, but seems like a high floor guy who can be a solid starter right away.

But everybody was begging for us not to draft Guyton. Now everybody loves him. There’s a good chance we’re very weak out OT with Steele and a rookie Guyton.
That is right.

But we have flexibilty by using Tyler as our LT and let Guyton play LG in his first year if he has too many problems playing tackle (what i expect).

Still not a good pick in the first round for me. Too much value given up for a project. And we already picked our starting LT in 2022. That is very bad resource management. Could have gotton a starting LG in the 2nd round or third. The extra 3rd rounder doesnt help to make this look better..