3 fave athletes all-time across all sports

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
One can't pick 3 "Across All Sports" so I picked my favorite all-time athletes in each sport.

Greg "The Bull" Luzinski
Emmitt Smith
Phil Mickelson
Nadia Comaneci
Lebron James
Joe Fraiser
Billie Jean King
Mark Spitz
Jeff Gordon
Nancy Ann Kerrigan
Reggie Leach
Norm Duke
Michael Schumacher

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Doc Gooden his first three or four years was electric and just fun to watch pitch
Brett Favre-Before he was a Viking was fun to watch, enjoy and agonize over
Joe Dumars-I saw every home game he played in college and he was just as smooth and cool when he played for the Pistons.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Mike Tyson - I agree with you, this guy is the greatest boxer of all-time.
Emmitt Smith
Ken Griffey Jr.
- Sweetest swing ever.

Can't say I would pick any others. Particularly Griffey. He would have easily become the HR king without injury. Top 5 baseball players of all time, and may be worth #1.

NYJfan

Reaction score
In terms of guys I've watched extensively since I was born in '93:

LeBron James
Cristiano Ronaldo
Darrelle Revis

JJB500

Reaction score
Muhammad Ali
Mario Andretti
Reggie Jackson

Got to meet 2 of the 3 multiple times.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Joe Niekro
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Eddie Gaedel

So, ksk, interesting list here.

Eddie Gaedel, I get that, you root for the underdog. I can respect that.

Cornelius McGillicuddy. Not many people would name Connie Mack. Heck, not many people even know he was a player.

Joe Niekro........ why not Phil or Lance?

:laugh:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Joe Niekro........ why not Phil or Lance?

Several years ago, I am watching my son play little league game and his team is getting crushed. One kid on the other team was just killing the ball every time he got up. I told my wife this kid is years ahead of every other kid on the field. A few minutes later I see the kid talking to his dad thru the fence. I recognized the dad as joe niekro. I did the math and realized the kid was good because if the bloodline. It was lance who went on to play a little in mlb. Injuries got him tho.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Several years ago, I am watching my son play little league game and his team is getting crushed. One kid on the other team was just killing the ball every time he got up. I told my wife this kid is years ahead of every other kid on the field. A few minutes later I see the kid talking to his dad thru the fence. I recognized the dad as joe niekro. I did the math and realized the kid was good because if the bloodline. It was lance who went on to play a little in mlb. Injuries got him tho.

Yeah, some people just have that right? Others of us, well, we are pluggers.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Larry Bird didn't play for the Mavs.

???????????????

Really?

Lol.

Pray tell me where in your post or the article does it say anything about the player having to be a Mavs player? We were supposed to name your 3 favorite athletes across all sports, who they played for has nothing to do with it....