3 first rounders, 1 third rounder, 2 starters for Wilson

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SEA is nuts for not taking that deal. Worst case turn the deal to HOU for Watson.

Wilson unhappy with getting hit, try December in CHI with that wind.

Reaction score
SEA is nuts for not taking that deal. Worst case turn the deal to HOU for Watson.

Carroll has no interest in rebuilding at his age. So the deal was nixed

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
Jimmy J. would have taken it in a heartbeat......trade back, pick up a couple of hundred more picks and build a dynasty within 3 years...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Yeah, Seattle is stupid to turn that down.

starfan1

Reaction score

I heard today that watson has a say in where he wants to go and the only places he wants to go are Denver and San Fran. Pair that with if your getting Chicago's picks they are likely in the 20s. You are going to have to package some things together to go up and get your QB.

Would depend on who your 2 players were but I think If Im seattle you look at doing this. I think they over value Russ. I mean hes good darn good but his best years were when the defense was stellar

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ESPN is just reporting that Chicago offered Seattle that package for Wilson and Seattle turned it down.

Would you have taken the deal or kept Wilson?

I'd probably have taken the deal if I was Seattle. I could use a couple of those picks to trade up for a QB and really rebuilt the team if I were in Seattle's shoes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Depends on how far I think my team is away from competing for the championship this season, and who the 2 starters were.
So NOW we know why Dalton went to Chicago. We could’ve traded him to them for a 1st and 3rd and Roquan.

:laugh:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Huh dude was way off. I watched this the other day and was kind of using his number for the 40M dead cap yada

I think I see more now, dead cap is different than necessarily taking that hit just this year, etc.

He counts $32 now and $39 if traded so yes it’s a big hit for a qb not on your team but it’s only $7 million more than where they stand right now. It’s not an additional $39 from where they are at right now. I still think it’s goes to whatever deal they may agree to has to have a path to get their next qb.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
ESPN is just reporting that Chicago offered Seattle that package for Wilson and Seattle turned it down.

Would you have taken the deal or kept Wilson?

I'd need insight into where Wilson's mind is at regarding his contract. If I truly believe he's that unhappy AND I have no intention of giving him what he wants, I 100% take that deal to the bank. If I am just playing hardball but have every intention of eventually paying him, I wouldn't accept anything for Wilson.

Flamma

Reaction score
I seriously don't know what these teams think they are going to accomplish with a trade like that because it's a terrible football decision.

Patrick Mahomes is probably the only QB you could get away with doing a trade like that for because of his youth because that is going to set your team back bigtime.

I think the Bears mindset is to be an instant contender, picks be damned. Look at their defense. Add Wilson at 19 mil against the cap for the next 2 years and who knows?