3 games would 10-6 and we're in.....

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Tra_Col99;2477200 said:
That is my question. We hold the tie breaker against Atl right now because we've played one more NFC game than they have. If they win all three remaing (all NFC) games...we would be tied with them.

If we both win all three, we'll have the common games tiebreaker over Atlanta. Against Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Green Bay, we would be 4-1, and Atlanta would be 3-2.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If we lose 1 game, Philly must lose 1 game too or they will finish with a better record than us.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2476364 said:
I have next to ZERO confidence that this team can go into a cold and windy Philly and win that game if the winner is in the play-offs and the loser goes home. Sad but true.
I believe we took it to Pittsburgh, our coaches curled up like B****** and packed it in too early.

I'm pretty sure we can take down any team anywhere. Whether we do it is another story.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Cowboys can go 10-6 and clinch a playoff birth before the Eagles game if:

Dallas beats NY and Baltimore
Tampa Bay or Minnesota beats Atlanta
Washington or Cleveland beats Philadelphia
Cincinnati beats Washington

or Dallas can could go into the Eagles game needing the game and lose and still get in if:

San Francisco beats Washington and some the other games listed above go as they need them to go.

My gut tells me that the Cowboys can get in by winning the next two games at home. We'll soon find out.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how important it would be to get the #5 seed. If we get the #6 seed, we'll probably have to go to Arizona. If we get the #5 seed, it'll be either Chicago or Minnestoa. I would much rather play one of those two. Dallas has to win out to get the #5 seed.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2477314 said:
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how important it would be to get the #5 seed. If we get the #6 seed, we'll probably have to go to Arizona. If we get the #5 seed, it'll be either Chicago or Minnestoa. I would much rather play one of those two. Dallas has to win out to get the #5 seed.
did you just see how our offense played in pittsburgh? you'd rather go to chicago where the weather will most likely be worse? i'd rather we get the 5th and play minnesota or get the 6th and play Arizona. I would hope we go to Arizona assuming we make it.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Rampage;2477358 said:
did you just see how our offense played in pittsburgh? you'd rather go to chicago where the weather will most likely be worse? i'd rather we get the 5th and play minnesota or get the 6th and play Arizona. I would hope we go to Arizona assuming we make it.
That was due way more to the Steelers D than the weather. Trent Dilfer did a great job of breaking down Romo's game on ESPN. Much of his poor throws were because of great play by the Steelers up front and poor play by the Cowboys up front. So yes, I would much rather go to Chicago for the first game. Especially with how the Cardinals are playing right now. The only team either already in or with a shot at the playoffs that worries me more is New York. JMO

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2477405 said:
That was due way more to the Steelers D than the weather. Trent Dilfer did a great job of breaking down Romo's game on ESPN. Much of his poor throws were because of great play by the Steelers up front and poor play by the Cowboys up front.

I'm not buying that. He might have broken down a handful of plays where that was the case, but I probably could break down more plays when Romo was under no pressure but still threw off-target.

It might not have been because of the wind or the cold, but Romo's passes were off for most of the game, pressure or not.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2476364 said:
I have next to ZERO confidence that this team can go into a cold and windy Philly and win that game if the winner is in the play-offs and the loser goes home. Sad but true.

Ditto.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2477422 said:
It might not have been because of the wind or the cold, but Romo's passes were off for most of the game, pressure or not.
He is still recovering from a Broken finger. I believe the errant passes were more a result of that than the weather since we've seen it a few times each game since he came back.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2477453 said:
He is still recovering from a Broken finger. I believe the errant passes were more a result of that than the weather since we've seen it a few times each game since he came back.

Cold weather is hard on the bones, though, especially broken bones or recently healed ones. So you never know.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Romo looked to be avoiding contact at times. He does bail sometimes and he needs to stop that. Adam is right. Romo had good protection more often than not and still threw high. Not sure why and not sure why he didn't correct that.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
According to playoffstatus.com, if we finish 10-6, there's a 63 percent chance we'll make the playoffs.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2477596 said:
According to playoffstatus.com, if we finish 10-6, there's a 63 percent chance we'll make the playoffs.

If we win the next 2 and lose @Philly, we'll be 10-6. If Atlanta beats Tampa next week, and then Atlanta goes on to lose @Minny and wins against St. Louis, while Tampa loses at home to San Diego and wins against Oakland the week after, both of them + us will be 10-6(while Philly will be 10-5-1).

Tampa would have the tiebreaker b/c of better conference record.

I know it makes one head spin, but it sounds likely to me that we win our next 2 home games, Atlanta beats a Tampa team that plays poorly on the road, and the Atlanta and Tampa both split their next 2 games. Philly should win their next 2 against lowly Cleveland and against a Skins team missing both of their OTs.

Pt being that the 63% chance of us getting in at 10-6 is TOO high-more like 33%. Either we need to win out or either Tampa or Philly really need to crap the bed.

grp05

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477606 said:
If we win the next 2 and lose @Philly, we'll be 10-6. If Atlanta beats Tampa next week, and then Atlanta goes on to lose @Minny and wins against St. Louis, while Tampa loses at home to San Diego and wins against Oakland the week after, both of them + us will be 10-6(while Philly will be 10-5-1).

Tampa would have the tiebreaker b/c of better conference record.

I know it makes one head spin, but it sounds likely to me that we win our next 2 home games, Atlanta beats a Tampa team that plays poorly on the road, and the Atlanta and Tampa both split their next 2 games. Philly should win their next 2 against lowly Cleveland and against a Skins team missing both of their OTs.

Pt being that the 63% chance of us getting in at 10-6 is TOO high-more like 33%. Either we need to win out or either Tampa or Philly really need to crap the bed.

If tampa and dallas finish 10-6, we would have the tiebreaker via head-to-head...i think.

Boysboy

Reaction score
grp05;2477612 said:
If tampa and dallas finish 10-6, we would have the tiebreaker via head-to-head...i think.

However, if Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta all finish at 10-6, then Tampa wins out b/c 1) Head-head doesn't apply as we didn't play Atlanta, and 2) Conference record is the next tiebreaker, which Tampa wins out.

grp05

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477624 said:
However, if Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta all finish at 10-6, then Tampa wins out b/c 1) Head-head doesn't apply as we didn't play Atlanta, and 2) Conference record is the next tiebreaker, which Tampa wins out.

Oh, gotcha. Personally, I think Tampa will win out and finish 12-4. San Diego is all but eliminated from the playoffs, and I don't have any faith in Oakland. They got embarrassed in the 4th last night by a better team, and I think they'll take it out on Atlanta, who will go 1-2 down the stretch.

Assuming we go 10-6 after beating Philly (which isn't a sure thing) that would make it:

Tampa 12-4
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-6-1
Atlanta 9-7

That St. Louis game hurts more every day.

SilberBlau

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477624 said:

No. You first break the tie in the division. If Tampa beats Atlanta in this one, they lose the H2H against us.

Boysboy

Reaction score
grp05;2477671 said:
Oh, gotcha. Personally, I think Tampa will win out and finish 12-4. San Diego is all but eliminated from the playoffs, and I don't have any faith in Oakland. They got embarrassed in the 4th last night by a better team, and I think they'll take it out on Atlanta, who will go 1-2 down the stretch.

Assuming we go 10-6 after beating Philly (which isn't a sure thing) that would make it:

Tampa 12-4
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-6-1
Atlanta 9-7

That St. Louis game hurts more every day.

Norv Turner's *** is on the line in SD-pt being that when Norv's back is against the wall(which we've seen numerous times in Washington), that's when he gives his best performances. I can see the Chargers winning out their remaining games to give AJ Smith a false illusion that they'll go into next year with alot of momentum.

But yeah-when all is said and done, Tampa will probably take care of business at home with them.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SilberBlau;2477684 said:
No. You first break the tie in the division. If Tampa beats Atlanta in this one, they lose the H2H against us.

So are you saying that if Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta are all tied, then they'll first look at Tampa and Atlanta b/c they're divisional opponents, and break it down with them...and then the better of the 2 will be compared with Dallas?

Makes sense-with that being said, if Atlanta beats Tampa tomorrow, and both finish 10-6 in the same scenerios I mentioned, then I believe Tampa gets the better of the 2 b/c of their conference record(both would have the same divisional records).

Ultimately, we would have the tiebreaker with Tampa.

Good-I would like this scenerio the best b/c by wk17, Wade could rest some starters going into a hostile Philly environment, while preparing early for the likely locked-in 3rd seed.