3 games would 10-6 and we're in.....

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
SilberBlau;2477684 said:
No. You first break the tie in the division. If Tampa beats Atlanta in this one, they lose the H2H against us.
correct, boys is wrong.

If we all split we'd get the tiebreaker as TB beats ATL and we beat them H2H so we win

grp05

Reaction score
I think the worst thing that could happen for us is Carolina flaking out and losing the division to Tampa.

Carolina plays denver, nyg, and new orleans

Denver defense has been bad, but they can potentially outscore any team.

NYG is a very probable loss for carolina

Like Denver, when the saints are hot, they can outscore anyone

So...if tampa finishes 3-0 (12-4) and Carolina, who has a much more difficult schedule, finishes 1-2 (11-5), the wildcard could be:

Carolina 11-5
Dallas 10-6 (if we beat baltimore and philly)
Atlanta 9-7 (if they lose to tampa and minnesota)

Any way I see it, if we take care of business against baltimore and philly, and atlanta loses to at least tampa (which would maintain our conference tiebreaker) we should be in.

edit - we would actually win via division record

dallas 3-3
atlanta 2-4

RIGHT??? :banghead:

Boysboy

Reaction score
grp05;2477742 said:
I think the worst thing that could happen for us is Carolina flaking out and losing the division to Tampa.

Carolina plays denver, nyg, and new orleans

Denver defense has been bad, but they can potentially outscore any team.

NYG is a very probable loss for carolina

Like Denver, when the saints are hot, they can outscore anyone

So...if tampa finishes 3-0 (12-4) and Carolina, who has a much more difficult schedule, finishes 1-2 (11-5), the wildcard could be:

Carolina 11-5
Dallas 10-6 (if we beat baltimore and philly)
Atlanta 9-7 (if they lose to tampa and minnesota)

Any way I see it, if we take care of business against baltimore and philly, and atlanta loses to at least tampa (which would maintain our conference tiebreaker) we should be in.

RIGHT??? :banghead:

The "Smash and Dash" duo for Carolina should be more than enough now for them to win the NFCS.

Denver's defense isn't JUST bad, they are HORRIBLE. "Smash and Dash" will do more than enough to keep their lethal offense of the field. Sure-Tampa racked up some yards against Carolina's D, but the Panthers did more than enough to keep Tampa's O off the field. That was the difference.

Giants-you never know...what if their last game against the Eagles wasn't a fluke, and we end up beating them as well? What if Plaxico's absense continues to hurt them like it did in the Eagles game? If they lose to us this weekend, the distractions and unanswered questions for this team will only mount.

@New Orleans-the Saints have been a dissapointment this year, but they ARE tough at home(only loss was a gift-wrapped one to Minny-a blocked FG returned for a TD b/c their kicker was injured made the difference). However-with it being the last game of the year and the Panthers tuning up, they'll probably win.

With that being said-if we take care of business against the Giants and Baltimore, I think we'll be in good shape.

superonyx

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2476364 said:
I have next to ZERO confidence that this team can go into a cold and windy Philly and win that game if the winner is in the play-offs and the loser goes home. Sad but true.

Your correct. It is sad that a cowboys fan has zero confidence in being able to beat the eagles with the playoffs on the line.

If we cant win that game then we dont deserve the playoffs because we will just lose on the road in the playoffs anyway.
Getting to the playoffs is great. But we need to actually do something when we get there.
I am glad i am still optimistic enough with my favorite team that a game in philly for the playoffs is actually a good thing. It means our playoffs just started 1 game early. If we lose then we dont deserve to be there.