3 Month Recovery - Wentz

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It gets kinda tricky for them.......Foles is a 2019 FA. Do they let him walk? What's interesting is most agree he hasn't been right this year but his stats suggest he was having his best year as a pro.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t think they have any real allusions of making a playoff run this season after we beat them last week.

As such, the 3 month prognosis is more than enough time to rehab and prepare for next season.

cern

Reaction score
more and more, certain injuries are taking away wentz's strengths. he won't be able to scramble much at all anymore. I don't wish ill will upon the guy, but fate sometimes deals us lousy hands.

Pants

Reaction score
this is a cowboys forum, correct?

anyway, I never like to see anyone get hurt where they are out a long time like this - I don't mind when an opponent gets smashed and knocked out of the game where they are playing us, but I don't want these guys hurt for extended periods...good luck to Wentz but ESPECIALLY to Risen Star, who likely can be found swaying from side to side, and heard muttering things like "Franchise" and "stupid fanzone, CW is still better than Dak" and "I am better than Dak" while on the Ben Franklin bridge thinking about jumping

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CWR

Reaction score
I remember when our old pal Risen said he was going to be better than Tom Brady LOL!!!

Wentz is only a legend on this board. Other than that hes a young, struggling, injury prone qb who cant close out a game. #cryeaglescry

HungryLion

Reaction score
It gets kinda tricky for them.......Foles is a 2019 FA. Do they let him walk? What's interesting is most agree he hasn't been right this year but his stats suggest he was having his best year as a pro.

Wentz injury wasn’t holding him back this year. He was fine.

The eagles lack of a running game held him back this year. They had the #3 rushing offense last year. This year their running game stinks. The playaction and RPO’s work better when the defense is worried about the running game.

The weaknesses that Wentz does have in his game, namely locking onto his primary read, is magnified with the lack of a run game. That being said Wentz wasn’t the problem for the eagles this season. He was playing really well overall.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW there is now a report that he had a stress fracture in his back in college too and it was in the medical reports leading up to the draft.

Unclear if it’s the same area of the back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t wish injury upon players. Wentz seems like he actually is a likable person. Too bad he is an Eagle.

However after the way the fans were about Michael Irvin. And you know they were glad it happened.
I do not feel sorry for him or the Eagles one bit. Or any other player that gets injured for them.

Same for the Giants, as it seemed they were the ones always hurting Romo. Until the Seattle preseason game.

lwehlers

Reaction score
did wentz suffer the same back injury that romo had in his last year?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Injury, the unfortunate equalizer. I really thought Dak the running QB would be injured before Wentz. Ya' never know.

Wentz runs the ball. Not as much as Prescott, but he does run it. Presccott has 181 rushing attempts in 45 games(4.0 per game) and Wentz has 144 rushing attempts in 40 games(3.6 per game).

For some comparison, here are the average rushing attempts per game for a few other QBs over their career:
Deshaun Watson 5.5
Mitchell Trubisky 4.3
Cam Newton 7.6
Russell Wilson 5.8
Patrick Mahomes 4.1