3 Month Recovery - Wentz

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think the reason we tend to over do Wentz here is most fans believe JJ could make any trade and could have had him as well.

The question is, so what?

Wentz: 40 games (23-17), 63.7% completions, 7.0 yards per attempt, 70 TDs, 28 INTs

Dak: 45 games (30-15), 66.1% completions, 7.4 yards per attempt, 62 TDs, 24 INTs

Dak has more wins, a better completion %, higher yards per attempt, and a slightly better TD/INT ratio.

One big difference: Cowboys fans see every mistake Dak makes.

Another difference: the Eagles paid a lot more to get Wentz. If Dallas traded up there'd be no Zeke, and people would be complaining about how much Jerry gave up to get him.

If I could replace Dak it wouldn't be with Carson Wentz.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Imagine Wentz being sacked as much as Dak has. He'd be retired by now. Our OL is nothing like 2016. I don't know why everyone wants Wentz. He can't stay healthy. I used to always get nervous when Romo was hit hard or was on the ground for more than 2 seconds.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes, was surprised to see that Dak could break that record. Dak has taken a lot of hits too for how often he runs and, unfortunately, gets sacked. Especially this year.

I'm less worried about Dak taking hits running than in the pocket. He's a good runner. In the pocket is where a QB is a sitting duck.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone wants Wentz. He can't stay healthy. I used to always get nervous when Romo was hit hard or was on the ground for more than 2 seconds.

They want Wentz over Dak for the same reason they want Romo over Dak - because they trust him more as a passer.

I think that's right. Wentz is a better passer.

But, as you point out, Dak is more durable than both. That's a point in Dak's favor. Dak's ability to run would really complement Zeke if we used it more. Another point in Dak's favor.

Dak is great for us on his rookie contract. On free agent money, I'm not sold on his value. I'd probably rather get another young, sturdy guy who can run and make short throws. I don't think they're that hard to find. Not paying free agent money to a QB would be a huge advantage to the team.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Can
I think the reason we tend to over do Wentz here is most fans believe JJ could make any trade and could have had him as well.

Thats just my opinion tho.
you imagine the hate on this forum if Jerry had actually done that? Aside from injuries, Wentz has declined in performance just as Dak has if not worse! Or maybe the Dak haters would be making excuses for him!