Twitter: 3 possible weapons for QB1, Kyle Pitts?

CWR

Reaction score
If he is not going to block you can get similar production with a slot guy.

TEs are a different animal scheme wise. He's too big for a safety and too fast for a LB to cover. No one has ever said that about Kelce or any of the other great TEs. May be a leap, but he has that potential and demonstrated it his rookie year.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Jet are looking to release WR Braxton Berrios. Wonder if that means they have plans to keep Moore as the clear option at Slot WR. No interest in Berrios, on your part?
I'm not sure. Moore seemed productive when targeted, but they also didn't play him sometimes while he was healthy. I will say he was more productive with Flacco or White and I think a non-fit for WIlson as all WRs are.

Berrios is cool. But, probably someone I personally wouldn't go after, but understand why a team would.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Moore seemed productive when targeted, but they also didn't play him sometimes while he was healthy. I will say he was more productive with Flacco or White and I think a non-fit for WIlson as all WRs are.

Berrios is cool. But, probably someone I personally wouldn't go after, but understand why a team would.
Right, all the WRs stats plummeted when Wilson played. I'd like for Dallas to get Moore also, but ARod needs those types of guys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How could you not want Pitts? He's a huge difference maker on the right team.
I answered the OP's question:

"Who do you guys prefer, all things considered, out of Hopkins, Beckham, Smith-Njigba n Pitts?"

--as a 'which player out of these four do I prefer' single choice. My pick would be DeAndre Hopkins of the four.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The advantage of OBJ is he doesn’t cost picks
He wouldn’t be my first choice
If I was GM I’d be on the phone to the Bucs inquiring about Evans myself
If I’m giving picks I’d rather have him over Hopkins
That is a strong counter-argument but it would not limit my choice of the four if I was a general manager. In my opinion, Hopkins is the best proven receiver of the group. I would choose best available talent over picks offered as compensation based on the four choices outlined by the OP. Evans would have been an additional option worth considering to me if he had been thrown into the initial list.

Loso86

Reaction score
Seriously, he's a match up disaster. I can only imagine a guy like that in a WCO, as Daks relief valve.
Would love to have this dude stretching the middle of the field

Reactions: CWR

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

I don't know how much the Falcons would like to move on from Pitts, but Cowboys GM should be on the phone checking this out. Who do you guys prefer, all things considered, out of Hopkins, Beckham, Smith-Njigba n Pitts?

He’s still young. The next q b will need one receiver at least.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
That is a strong counter-argument but it would not limit my choice of the four if I was a general manager. In my opinion, Hopkins is the best proven receiver of the group. I would choose best available talent over picks offered as compensation based on the four choices outlined by the OP. Evans would have been an additional option worth considering to me if he had been thrown into the initial list.
I’d trade a first fir Pitts.

Hardline

Reaction score
Parsons AND still get Pitts from the 2021 draft?
I gladly give Atlanta my first round pick .
That being said. Atlanta probably sees Pitts as a cornerstone player .

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
I get that argument. The thing with Hopkins is let’s say it’s a second rnd pick. You then have to sign him to an extension. He’s said he would be reasonable but reasonable would be play under your existing contract you agreed to. He has two years left so it’s not like trying to cover yourself in the last year of a contract. So obviously he isn’t willing to play under existing deal which to me at his age and recent injury situation is a pretty fair contract

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whats pitts gonna do in this offense? Will mike drastically change how the TE position is used? I have major doubts

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'd rather the Cowboys draft the Georgia TE than trade for Pitts.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz over the last 3 years, roughly 2000 yards and 20 TD's. They better do something!!

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
You’ll get Jalen Tolbert and like it. Hilarious people still think cap boy is going to spend money.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I get that argument. The thing with Hopkins is let’s say it’s a second rnd pick. You then have to sign him to an extension. He’s said he would be reasonable but reasonable would be play under your existing contract you agreed to. He has two years left so it’s not like trying to cover yourself in the last year of a contract. So obviously he isn’t willing to play under existing deal which to me at his age and recent injury situation is a pretty fair contract
I’d make him play under his current deal. Yiu don’t extend 31 or 32 yr old receivers.