31 sacks since Wade took over

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
In the seven games since Wade took over calling the defense, we have 31 sacks. Over 16 games, that'd be 71 sacks.

Unreal.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theogt;2493608 said:
In the seven games since Wade took over calling the defense, we have 31 sacks. Over 16 games, that'd be 71 sacks.

Unreal.
Why wouldn't Wade coach the defense from the start? Doesn't make since since that's what he was brought here to do. But his defenses have been hellatious since he took over.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Keep it up baby. Want Flacco to be real comfortable with the Texas Stadium turf next Sunday.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
theogt;2493608 said:

Unreal.

What are we going to do next year? It's obvious he needs to be our DC, but if he's here in any capacity besides being the head coach I think it becomes yet another distraction.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Not only is the freakin' awesome, but it's unreal that 71 sacks wouldn't be the record.

Close enough for me though. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2493608 said:

Unreal.
We lead the NFL in QB sacks by 6 after tonight.

Love it.

Ware took the lead in the NFL. DPOY.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2493642 said:
What are we going to do next year? It's obvious he needs to be our DC, but if he's here in any capacity besides being the head coach I think it becomes yet another distraction.
How on earth can anyone even ask this question?

Wade Phillips = head coach of the Dallas Cowboys

rexrobinson

Reaction score
theogt;2493608 said:

Unreal.

The Cowboys have a lot of near sacks and a lot of general pressure too that has really helped out our secondary.

I saw that 46 defense at least once tonight.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been wishing and hoping for a stout pass rush for years. It's finally here. The Dallas Cowboys have a great pass rush!

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2493829 said:
I've been wishing and hoping for a stout pass rush for years. It's finally here. The Dallas Cowboys have a great pass rush!

Yes! My sentiments exactly. I've been waiting for a ferocious pass rush for years too. (great job wade!)

I'm telling you, if our D keeps playing like this and Romo stays steady, we could do some real damage this year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Apparently I miscounted, as a graphic was posted on NFLN.

In the last seven games:

16.1 PPG (would be 4th in league)
268.3 YPG (would be 3rd in league)
33 Sacks
13 Takeways

That'd average out to 75 sacks in a season.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2494334 said:

In the last seven games:

33 Sacks
13 Takeways

The only one of those numbers that isn't eye-popping is the TOs, but I think we have been real close and a bit snakebitten in that regard lately. I do think they are about to come, though.

I also think the ppg looks worse than it really is because of offensive TOs, poor STs, one demoralized game against the Giants with BJ at QB and two garbage TDs given up to SF.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2494334 said:

In the last seven games:

33 Sacks
13 Takeways

and thats skewed by one bad half vs the Giants.

This is the best defense in football right now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2494371 said:
The only one of those numbers that isn't eye-popping is the TOs, but I think we have been real close and a bit snakebitten in that regard lately. I do think they are about to come, though.

I also think the ppg looks worse than it really is because of offensive TOs, poor STs, one demoralized game against the Giants with BJ at QB and two garbage TDs given up to SF.
If you averaged 13 takeaways over 14 games, it'd be #1 in the league in takeaways.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2494420 said:
If you averaged 13 takeaways over 14 games, it'd be #1 in the league in takeaways.

Slightly under 2 a game doesn't seem that extaordinary but I'll take your word for it.