31st ranked offense

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OC needs to go, but I don't know who a suitable replacement would be.

Get Darell Bevell.

Nuclear option.

Fire Garrett and Linehan and turn it over to Kris Richard. He's familiar with Bevell from Seattle.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
:hammer:

But Zeke is an idiot in his own right too.

I think he is a young kid who needs a lot more around him. I think with a veteran like Romo (again not to harp on this), you would have a QB that would make sure he is dialed in.

irishline

Reaction score
Tony Romo always had great receivers and tight ends.

I thought people said Dez sucked and Tony made him a good receiver. Which is it?

Was Austin a great receiver or was it Romo? I mean he did nothing when he wasn't with Romo. Same is true for Terrence Williams. Laurent Robinson was all world without Romo... oh wait he had 1/3 of his career receptions during that one season with Romo.

I am not saying bring Romo back, or he was without faults, but he made receivers better than they were. Either that or these receivers were all great and it was just the rest of the QB's they played with were horrible. T.O. was the only receiver Romo played with that had the same success without Romo as they did with him (for a myriad of reasons I concede for some).

vampyro

Reaction score
Dak had more passing yards during his rookie year than Aikman had for any season during his entire career. Back in Aikman days there were gunslingers like Steve Young and Brett Favre.

Yet a lot of Cowboy fans on this forum believes a QB like Romo who can throw for many yards per game is what the Cowboys need.

How many championships did the great Romo and Danny White help generate for the Cowboys?

At least Danny White played in three straight NFC Championship games.
That was a different era, an era when WR were getting mugged and Aikman and Irvins timing was to perfection. Apples and oranges, you cant even touch WRs now and they still cant get open...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I thought people said Dez sucked and Tony made him a good receiver. Which is it?

Was Austin a great receiver or was it Romo? I mean he did nothing when he wasn't with Romo. Same is true for Terrence Williams. Laurent Robinson was all world without Romo... oh wait he had 1/3 of his career receptions during that one season with Romo.

I am not saying bring Romo back, or he was without faults, but he made receivers better than they were. Either that or these receivers were all great and it was just the rest of the QB's they played with were horrible. T.O. was the only receiver Romo played with that had the same success without Romo as they did with him (for a myriad of reasons I concede for some).

Owens success with Romo came very late in his career. His time with Romo was certainly a rebound and return to form.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is a young kid who needs a lot more around him. I think with a veteran like Romo (again not to harp on this), you would have a QB that would make sure he is dialed in.

Maybe, maybe not. But there always seems to be something with this talented bonehead. I just get the feeling he's not very smart. He doesn't get it, and at this point I have little reason to believe he suddenly will.

His stupid "feed me" celebration is a great example. Your team is struggling, you make one play, and you somehow think you deserve to celebrate. It shows me a total lack of awareness of your situation and circumstances. To say nothing of his nervous gaffs and screw ups yesterday.

Sure, he piled up yards and make his own stats look good, but he also heavily contributed to a loss with his own mistakes.

I can appreciate his talents while admitting that he's not my kind of a guy and I'll likely never be his biggest fan.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because the QB is awful, that's why. You have to be able to sustain drives in this league. How hard is that for people to understand?

It's also a clear indictment of a playcaller that's a moron. It is possible to run the ball on second and even third down as well. Linehan never got that memo.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. But there always seems to be something with this talented bonehead. I just get the feeling he's not very smart. He doesn't get it, and at this point I have little reason to believe he suddenly will.

His stupid "feed me" celebration is a great example. Your team is struggling, you make one play, and you somehow think you deserve to celebrate. It shows me a total lack of awareness of your situation and circumstances. To say nothing of his nervous gaffs and screw ups yesterday.

Sure, he piled up yards and make his own stats look good, but he also heavily contributed to a loss with his own mistakes.

I can appreciate his talents while admitting that he's not my kind of a guy and I'll likely never be his biggest fan.

I don't think he is an Einstein, but I don't think he has a reputation for mental mistakes on the field. He has no history of it. He does have a history of checking out of games when things aren't going well, which you can put right on the feet of this QB and this HC.

He hasn't been the focal part of this offense since week 1 and somehow is still leading the league in rushing yards...

droopdog7

Reaction score
It's also a clear indictment of a playcaller that's a moron. It is possible to run the ball on second and even third down as well. Linehan never got that memo.
No clear indication of anything beyond Dak. If we run on third and 3 (let's say) and don't get it, fans will be blaming the play calling too. Lest you forget, we ran on third and 1 yesterday and did not get it. And fans were complaining.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he is an Einstein, but I don't think he has a reputation for mental mistakes on the field. He has no history of it. He does have a history of checking out of games when things aren't going well, which you can put right on the feet of this QB and this HC.

He hasn't been the focal part of this offense since week 1 and somehow is still leading the league in rushing yards...

So what?

That says more about no running backs having a great start to the season more than anything about Zeke Elliott doing well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Makes me laugh that people are still clamoring for Romo. Lol It's like having a new girlfriend but all you do is talk about your ex. :laugh:

He's gone. Move on.

Lol, when you go from a Jessica Alba to a Sandra Bernhard, I think that's kind of natural.

If he was willing, and kept himself in shape, I'd be on the phone with Romo right this second.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No clear indication of anything beyond Dak. If we run on third and 3 (let's say) and don't get it, fans will be blaming the play calling too. Lest you forget, we ran on third and 1 yesterday and did not get it. And fans were complaining.

Do your homework.

Look at how few times this team even tries to run the ball.

You point to one attempt yesterday as if it's indicative of anything. It isn't.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Lol, when you go from a Jessica Alba to a Sandra Bernhard, I think that's kind of natural.

If he was willing, and kept himself in shape, I'd be on the phone with Romo right this second.
Fair enough. It has definitely been a downgrade.