31st ranked offense

jsb357

Reaction score
from a BR page...

"The Dallas offense is now averaging 11 points per game.
Seriously. That's half a quarter for the Rams or Chiefs.
And it's getting awfully difficult to take a team with an offense that awful seriously."

Legend

Reaction score
Bingo.

And...a 32 million dollar contract with Jax - 14 of which was guaranteed all because of his production with the Cowboys.

I sure as hell hope he sends the Romo's a Christmas card every year.

T.O. and prime Dez were Romo’s best receivers.

Romo will 12 other pro bowlers in 2007, most in Cowboys history, could not lead the Cowboys to the promise land.

Romo did not elevate his play during the playoffs or during must win season ending games to make the playoffs.

remdak

Reaction score
And Irvin is on the network. Wish we could bring him back also.

People kill me with the Romo crap. He more than likely breaks his back again answering his cellular phone had he come back.
If they had the rules for him that they have for QB's now, he would have played until he was 45. He had his shoulder broken 3 times by guys slamming him into the turf. It happens once to Aaron Rogers, and they change the rules to where sacks are barely legal now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
My first reaction is - there's an offense WORSE than this one?????

Galian Beast

Reaction score
so we are tanking?

Because whatever Dak's issues are, Cooper Rush is not the answer.

You know you have a problem when QBs won't throw downfield. Dak is paralyzed with fear and doesn't trust his arm or his accuracy. He throws downfield when the defense blows assignments and rarely does he do it otherwise.

Nearly a quarter of the season in and he doesn't have a single pass thrown more than 20 yards in the air (though I thought the austin pass was more than 20).

Legend

Reaction score
You know you have a problem when QBs won't throw downfield. Dak is paralyzed with fear and doesn't trust his arm or his accuracy. He throws downfield when the defense blows assignments and rarely does he do it otherwise.

Nearly a quarter of the season in and he doesn't have a single pass thrown more than 20 yards in the air (though I thought the austin pass was more than 20).

He could also throw it 7-10 yards and WR can make the defenders miss or break tackles for a longer gain.

The Cowboys lack that kind of WR as well.

The Cowboys do not have a prime Randy Moss type player where you can throw it deep to multiple times a game.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I never said he had no weapons. I said he made players better than they were. I never said he had no weapons.

Well that is just an opinion, not really facts. Like using Miles Austin as an example but not mentioning the reason we parted ways in the first place was the chronic hamstring issues which hampered his production with us toward the end. Think that maybe why he fizzled out?

Bringing up Patrick Crayton and failing to realize/mention he was on pace for a career year with the Chargers before his injury.

There is Laurent Robinson sure, like he is the only one year wonder in the NFL.

Cole Beasely had a career year with Prescott, not Romo. So Dak makes players better too right?

I do think Dez was better with Romo since Romo knew how to utilize him and make those type of throws. But that was "vet" Romo as well. Not 3rd year Romo

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Well that is just an opinion, not really facts. Like using Miles Austin as an example but not mentioning the reason we parted ways in the first place was the chronic hamstring issues which hampered his production with us toward the end. Think that maybe why he fizzled out?

Bringing up Patrick Crayton and failing to realize/mention he was on pace for a career year with the Chargers before his injury.

There is Laurent Robinson sure, like he is the only one year wonder in the NFL.

Cole Beasely had a career year with Prescott, not Romo. So Dak makes players better too right?

I do think Dez was better with Romo since Romo knew how to utilize him and make those type of throws. But that was "vet" Romo as well. Not 3rd year Romo

Revisionist history.

A career year? What kind of career year has you have 1 touchdown in 9 games?

Cole Beasley was more integrated into the offense in year 5 than he was in year 3, largely due to Dez being hurt, but his numbers aren't much better, nor were his numbers consistently better under Prescott than Romo. His regression matches that of Dak being exposed by NFL defenses..

sunalsorises

Reaction score
A team consisting of just Jason Witten would be the 10th ranked offense and the 17th ranked defense.

Legend

Reaction score
Look at this play.

QB is under the center. Full back and RB are in backfield.

- The current Cowboys have Dak in shotgun a lot.

Defense does not know if the Cowboys will run or throw. Probably thinking they will hand off to Emmitt.

- It is simple for current D to know Dak will mostly pass in an empty backfield set.

Aikman fakes the hand off and bombs away.