31st ranked offense

droopdog7

Reaction score
Exactly! And what makes it easier for a struggling QB to keep drives alive, 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 3? Lean on the damn running game to help your QB. I'd rather lose playing to our strength than watching the same ol song and dance.
How many fans have complained about running on first down? Lots and lots of them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't when it doesn't work.

Not just that. Running teams score less not because the run the clock, but because you're less likely to march down the field when you have to convert 3-4 third downs. When you pick up yards in chunks (i.e., passing), you may only face 1-2 third downs.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're 31!! We're 31!!! C'mon, everybody, we're 31!!!!

Think you fans going to the game this Sunday might get a big #3 to go along with your big #1 foam finger?

Cebrin

Reaction score
You really think Romo would still be around and healthy?
Does anyone still question why he couldn't stay healthy? This organization owes him more than the contract everyone whined about. He's the only reason we weren't 1-15 for the past decade.

ghst187

Reaction score
With David Johnson no less. Then again, we have Zeke.

You don't suppose there's a QB problem?

Funny shows you which position is vastly more important pretty clearly doesn't it?
Bell wants all that huge money, no reason to pay big bucks for a RB.
But you sure as heck better find a QB and HC.

The Natural

Reaction score
Funny shows you which position is vastly more important pretty clearly doesn't it?
Bell wants all that huge money, no reason to pay big bucks for a RB.
But you sure as heck better find a QB and HC.
Funny how the Rams figured out how to have all 3. No wonder they are light years ahead of this clown show.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Does anyone still question why he couldn't stay healthy? This organization owes him more than the contract everyone whined about. He's the only reason we weren't 1-15 for the past decade.

Other than ya know the other NFL record 12 probowlers around him.. They might dispute that a bit.

jay94

Reaction score
Tony Romo always had great receivers and tight ends.

Give Dak, Antonio Brown and Tavon Austin, Beasley, and maybe the TEs will all improve.

Zeke will have a little more space to operate; improving his production as well.

Triplets won 70% of the games they played together and lost 50% or more of the games when anyone of them did not play.

Great receivers who? What happened to Dez production whenever Romo wasn't on the field and he retired/got benched? Terrell Owens was great, all the other receivers he made into what they were, with the exception of Witten.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in this game....of course. they had three short yardage opportunities to run on 3rd down. they ran once. the rest were 3rd and long and passing situations...

I am going to compare to Carolina and giants game as well.....

If you can, go back and look into the last several years. There’s a clear trend. One that condemns Linehan in my opinion.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Other than ya know the other NFL record 12 probowlers around him.. They might dispute that a bit.
We have an absurdly talented roster right now, and are almost dead last in offense. Take notice, folks. Romo left, offense sucked. That includes the Romo on the sidelines with a head-set. I'd bet Daks rookie year can be greatly tied to Romo.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Romo would've been broken in half and lying in hospital by now with the **** job that Garrett's been doing lately. I actually feel badly for Dak. Poor chaps stuck with a rubbish coach, and he's getting battered horribly.