3rd and 3 and they pass?

kskboys

Reaction score
That is asinine. If that gets picked off the Cowboys get no points and the Seahawks have a minute and a half to get in field goal range. Your rationale makes zero sense. If you prioritize avoiding risk then you would kneel to kill clock and kick the field goal. If you prioritize converting the first down and winning the game there are way better playcalls than a 50-50 jump ball.
And the pass actually should have been picked. The choice to throw that ball in the end zone absolutely cannot be called a good playcall. Whomever was responsible needs to be reprimanded or fired or something. If it was Dak's choice, then someone needs to shake him and tell him to stop playing hero ball.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we all agree that was a dumb decision. If they just get a 1st down the game is over. No need to throw the ball into the end zone, or throw it at all there. I like the pitch out to Pollard there. If he gets 4 yards it is a first down and the game is over. If not you run off 40 seconds,, kick the FG and the Hawks get the ball back with about 60 seconds and no time outs.

I have to be honest, I was surprised that Seahawks did not try a deep bomb to Metcalf in that situation. The way the refs were calling the game it would have been either a completion or a DPI. And how did they let Parsons come free on 4th down? The Seahawks have called a great game all night and then let Parsons get a free shot at the QB!

kskboys

Reaction score
Had it worked people would have praised the aggressive call lol
I would have taken the FG on the 4th down play earlier. I would have ran the ball there but I get the decision because it ends the game. I also would have taken the penalty putting them at 2bd and 19 rather than 3td and nine. If those 3 the throw to end the game was the easiest to understand
Not me. It was a stupid call whether it works or not. Low percentage pass w/ the game on the line. Dumb.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we all agree that was a dumb decision. If they just get a 1st down the game is over. No need to throw the ball into the end zone, or throw it at all there. I like the pitch out to Pollard there. If he gets 4 yards it is a first down and the game is over. If not you run off 40 seconds,, kick the FG and the Hawks get the ball back with about 60 seconds and no time outs.

I have to be honest, I was surprised that Seahawks did not try a deep bomb to Metcalf in that situation. The way the refs were calling the game it would have been either a completion or a DPI. And how did they let Parsons come free on 4th down? The Seahawks have called a great game all night and then let Parsons get a free shot at the QB!
Toss it to Fergie and let him box out. 1st down, game over.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I love how people think there's going to be some "high-percentage pass" at the sticks lmao.

Do we think that Seattle didn't know how far they had to go to get the first down? That's what they're geared up to defend.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love how people think there's going to be some "high-percentage pass" at the sticks lmao.

Do we think that Seattle didn't know how far they had to go to get the first down? That's what they're geared up to defend.
Who said there was? You making stuff up again?

conner01

Reaction score
Not me. It was a stupid call whether it works or not. Low percentage pass w/ the game on the line. Dumb.
I think not taking the FG earlier and turning down the penalty were worse decision. But I would have ran the ball there myself.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You realize that 3 yards and the game is over, at worst you take 40 more seconds off the clock. It was flat out stupid. If you don’t trust you can get 3 yards on the ground that’s a bigger problem. There is no defense to having that play call at ALL
Have you seen anything all year to trust they can get 3 yards running the ball ever, much less in that situation?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A first down ends the game also. And, it was a low percentage play.

The call was wrong, very wrong.
Just a difference of opinion. I think it's hard to say definitively that it's ever wrong other than in one person's eyes. Obviously, the coach liked it, and we do see that all the time in the modern NFL. Teams just don't play by the old rules any more.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You have to run the ball on 3rd and 3 in that situation. The Seahawks' defense was a bit tired and they were finally starting to have a little success running it and the 40 seconds are just too valuable at that point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.
After that offensive explosion all you have to say is this? WTH is wrong with fans?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.
They should have run the ball and if it became 4th and less than a yard, they would have had the qb sneak option that could have ended the game right there.

Redline360

Reaction score
Said that during the game thread.

Beyond stupid play calling. IF you want to throw the ball at least roll out for play action.

As much as MM is to blame on that call, Dak at this point of his career should have known to change the play. You don't throw the ball there. Besides that my only gripe with Dak all night

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Declining the holding penalty instead of backing them up to 2nd and 19 early in the game was dumb too IMO.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just a difference of opinion. I think it's hard to say definitively that it's ever wrong other than in one person's eyes. Obviously, the coach liked it, and we do see that all the time in the modern NFL. Teams just don't play by the old rules any more.
15% chance of working. You're OK basing your win/loss on a 15% play. How does that make sense?