3rd for Quincy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
Question/ How many teams in the NFL would give up theyre 3rd rounder for Quincy RIGHT NOW, on the cusp of his 4th year in the league? If the answer is NONE, or NOT MANY then why the downgrading of Henson by some? Our very own JJ and BP did JUST THAT for a guy who's been out of football for awhile. I understand that JJ gave up a 2 for Q but those were radically different times and PRE BP! ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Better question how many QBs in the league do you trade a 3rd rounder for?

Like the baiting question but at best put it into context.

Would you trade a 3rd for Gannon or Brooks? What about Kitna or Maddox? Harrington? Brunell or Green? Brees or Couch?

Some of these maybe but your blanket staement is just that. No logic no context just bias.

Fine you dont like him but you better deal with him.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Better question how many QBs in the league do you trade a 3rd rounder for?

Like the baiting question but at best put it into context.

Would you trade a 3rd for Gannon or Brooks? What about Kitna or Maddox? Harrington? Brunell or Green? Brees or Couch?

Some of these maybe but your blanket staement is just that. No logic no context just bias.

Fine you dont like him but you better deal with him.
Spin, spin, spin away out of a simple question. A question with an answer that MAY not be to the liking of SOME. Wouldnt it just be better to be straightforward? I guess for some folks the game is if you dont like the answer to a question, JUST DONT ANSWER IT!...LOL ;)

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
Let me see if I can get this all straight in my head. Soooooooooooo, its just fine for SOME to downplay Hensons potential before he even hits camp.."no spinning there", but its terrible for me to ask how many teams would give up a 3rd for Q. HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ;)

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
Listen guys, lets think about this logically. 04, no matter how much we want it is NOT our Superbowl push year, 05 is. JJ and more importantly BP have both stated we may be a better overall team in 04 but our record may not reflect it. THEY SAID THAT. How can we on one hand say BP is a straightshooter but if he says something that doesnt fit our agenda say he doesnt mean it? Most fans, even some Q backers say that Q starts this year but they like Hensons chances in 05. Theres a problem with that........If 05 is our true push year do you REALLY BELIEVE BP will go into that season with a guy that has NO NFL game experience? HE WONT! Q will start the season with Henson taking over by the 10th game at the latest. Wont happen?LOL, Gotta remember, after Vinny went down in NY BP got that team to 8-8 I believe with the likes of RAY FRIGGIN LUCAS at Q.B....LOL In 05 we will be much improved overall plus have TWO 1st round picks. Bash me all you want, but everything JJ/BP have done and said points to the scenario I just laid out. Put it ALL together instead of just piecemeal and it makes sence. ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Let me see if I can get this all straight in my head. Soooooooooooo, its just fine for SOME to downplay Hensons potential before he even hits camp.."no spinning there", but its terrible for me to ask how many teams would give up a 3rd for Q. HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ;)

Dude, put the pipe down and step away.

I didnt realize that your post was a Henson love fest. My post was to point out that your question was an apples and oranges question. Fine Ill answer your question: no one will trade a 3rd for a QB coming into the last year of his contract that has not gone to a probowl. Just like you would not give a 3rd for the other QBs mentioned unless your Snyder.

So what? You really proved something. You want Chips Ahoy or Toll House?

I guess we should just pull out the toilet paper and flush Quincy because that will make you happy.

You really do remind of the mindless Hutchinson fans of a few years back.

Henson is going to be good he has the tools, hes seen pressure and has leadership qualities, but better yet you can sign him to a rookie contract and with the economics of the NFL as it is today means more.

Trades have to do with value which is more than just talent.

Little Jr

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

I didnt realize that your post was a Henson love fest. My post was to point out that your question was an apples and oranges question. Fine Ill answer your question: no one will trade a 3rd for a QB coming into the last year of his contract that has not gone to a probowl. Just like you would not give a 3rd for the other QBs mentioned unless your Snyder.

I guess we should just pull out the toilet paper and flush Quincy because that will make you happy.

Henson is going to be good he has the tools, hes seen pressure and has leadership qualities, but better yet you can sign him to a rookie contract and with the economics of the NFL as it is today means more.

I'm not Snyder but I would give up a 3rd for Green and Brooks.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

Take a different view and suddenly a person JUST MUST be a CRACKHEAD!...LOL "PUT THE PIPE DOWN". No bias there! Same folks who call for understanding on the messageboard are the ones who commonly call you a crackhead if you disagree with them. Makes loads of sence ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Take a different view and suddenly a person JUST MUST be a CRACKHEAD!...LOL "PUT THE PIPE DOWN". No bias there! Same folks who call for understanding on the messageboard are the ones who commonly call you a crackhead if you disagree with them. Makes loads of sence ;)

No it has to do with how you got all worked up about it. I went to go check to see if anyone outbid me on a bass amp and youve already posted three times?

And actually I dont disagree with you. Read where i said I think that Henson will be good. I just dont think Q is trash. Sorry I like ALL of my Cowboys.

Carter has had some great games in the NFL and led my favorite team to the playoffs. That means he deserves some respect in my book.

Can Henson do better. Its a strong possibility but this is not an all or nothing situation. We can have our Carter and Henson too.

Calm down. Have a cookie.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Geee, yet another thread dedicated to the bashing of our starting QB (albeit indirectly).

It's a good thing too, cuz we haven't had enough QC bashing threads around here lately. Got to keep 'em coming so that they stay fresh. Lord knows we haven't discussed every possible angle about QC 100 times over.

:rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
Geee, yet another thread dedicated to the bashing of our starting QB (albeit indirectly).

It's a good thing too, cuz we haven't had enough QC bashing threads around here lately. Got to keep 'em coming so that they stay fresh. Lord knows we haven't discussed every possible angle about QC 100 times over.

logo.jpg

You are correct Rack....pick another category
:D

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Just like you would not give a 3rd for the other QBs mentioned unless your Snyder.

You mentioned Gannon, Brooks, Kitna, Maddox, Harrington, Brunell, Green, Brees and Couch.

I'd trade a 3rd for Brooks, Kitna, Green and maybe Harrington.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Rack said:

Sometimes I think that the first thing people do when they wake up is go to their war room to figure out different "subtle" tactics to attack Quincy. :rolleyes:

Will it ever stop?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SALADIN said:
Sometimes I think that the first thing people do when they wake up is go to their war room to figure out different "subtle" tactics to attack Quincy. :rolleyes:

Will it ever stop?

I think they do that type of thing on both sides both pro and anti QC topics.

Do not be fooled into thinking it is only the anti-qc people that start these types of things.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think they do that type of thing on both sides both pro and anti QC topics.

Do not be fooled into thinking it is only the anti-qc people that start these types of things.

I'm about as pro Q/Cowboys as it gets. But I've never started a thread trying to convince others how good he can be.

Perhaps I am the only one. But the hate (and I do mean hate) that some have for him superceeds the positive that some see in him.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade carter for a third because we could possibly get a second. Carter has started around 25 games I believe and it was as a no.1 qauerterback. Most desperate teams would give us a second just for an experienced qb

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BTW
Whoever wouldn't give a 3rd for brooks is crazy...that is all :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Question/ How many teams in the NFL would give up theyre 3rd rounder for Quincy RIGHT NOW, on the cusp of his 4th year in the league? If the answer is NONE, or NOT MANY then why the downgrading of Henson by some? Our very own JJ and BP did JUST THAT for a guy who's been out of football for awhile. I understand that JJ gave up a 2 for Q but those were radically different times and PRE BP! ;)
This thread is going to draw fire. The intent will seem to be get him off the team no matter what. At the very least a pro Henson intent.

Having said that, let's try and salvage a topic.

Q's value coming off a 10 win season will never be higher. If the Cowboys were looking to trade one of our QBs he would get the most in return value. We don't know if they are looking to trade him at this point. Certainly there have been no signs of it.

A lot of trade value has to do with a team's needs. For example, I think San Francisco has a dire need at QB. Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey is just pathetic. If Dallas offered and I was GM there I think I do that deal.

A team like Seattle has good QB depth and would not give up a 3rd for a QB who was going to be no better than 3rd on the depth chart. Any tiem you give up a day 1 draft pick you are expecting to get something down the road as far as starting potential in that player.

I am still shocked the Dolphins gave up a 2nd for Jay Feeley. No way that was worth it. If we had shopped them Q we might have received a 2nd or a 1st. No telling.

You have to look at team needs. If they have a QB need because of injury or something then there is a chance an offer could be made. QBs have real value.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Hostile said:
A lot of trade value has to do with a team's needs. For example, I think San Francisco has a dire need at QB. Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey is just pathetic. If Dallas offered and I was GM there I think I do that deal.

Injuries aside Rattay will go into the season as the starter but the 9'ers are really excited about Dorsey.

If Rattay struggles there will be a QB contraversy.

BTW, most fans would rather see Dorsey.

Reaction score
I doubt any team would give up much of anything for a QB who can't pass well at all and throws into triple coverage way too often and seems to drop the ball from carring it like a loaf of bread all too often...

We can always hope though...

Status
Not open for further replies.