3rd for Quincy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Bluefin said:
Is it unrealistic to believe no team would surrender a third for Quincy Carter?

The Dolphins gave up a second for the Eagles emergency quarterback this off-season.

Bill Parcells will play Drew Henson if he's ready and the best man for the job, but the season will almost assuredly have to go in the tank to get him on the field for serious snaps, IMO.

I don't want to see that.

I have zero interest in tanking the season to allow a talented rookie quarterback to get snaps and I don't believe in starting rookie signal callers as a rule, especially with a three year layoff.

The best thing for the team and Henson is to immerse him as the scout team quarterback and only allow for mop up action in a few late games that have been decided.

Dallas can win now with Carter or Testaverde at quarterback and allow Henson to take his time re-adjusting to the game.

Why rush that development and increase the odds for screwing up?

I do not believe in haste when it comes to preparing quarterbacks for NFL duty.

Maybe Henson's good enough to pull off starting as a rookie despite playing baseball for three years, I don't know.

I don't think Henson will be ready this year and I really doubt Parcells will give him much of a chance to win the starting job.

If Parcells keeps four quarterbacks, I don't think he will, Henson won't even be the emergency quarterback, it appears.

Drew is a fine prospect and he has a bright future learning the pro game under Parcells and his staff, but I don't believe immediate playing time is the best plan.

Even with 5 or 6 starts as a rookie, would that make Henson ready to captain a Super Bowl contender in '05?

Gee, there's an easy learning curve.

OK, kid, you had 6 starts as a rookie and I know you watched the game on TV because baseball was so freaking boring, take us to the Super Bowl in your first full year as a starter.

No wonder Parcells has the rep for being so tough on quarterbacks.

So if Carter tanks, you'd rather have a QB with ZERO real playing time starting in 2005?

No thanks.

The second Carter shows that last year was his ceiling...camp, preseason, during the season...I want to get playing time for Henson. It makes no sense to put it off.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I look at it this way.

Hutchinson, sans fumbles, put up numbers equal to Carr and Harrington and not much different than Carter's in 2002.

I've yet to see any NFL people that would not put Henson way above Hutchinson as far as "potential", and unlike Hutchinson, Henson has played QB since pee wee ball. While both have had a gap, Henson has had a lot more experience playing QB.

We have questions at QB, RB, WR, RG, RT, DE, and RCB. That is a lot of questions.

We have cap room and 2 firsts and a second next year, and that is plenty of fire power to fix some holes.

If Henson looks good in camp and preseason, and shows that he will seriously challenge to start in 2005, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to get him playing time in 2004?

Wouldn't it be better to fix the holes and have Henson with playing time, then filling them and going with an untested QB?

For me it is entirely on Carter, he needs to blow away the competition in camp and preseason, or Parcells will have a tough call on his hands.

I agree that Carter needs to show that he is heads and shoulders above the others.

It's just, at this point, unrealistic to think that Henson is anywhere near ready to see the field.....again, at this point.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Concerning your 2nd post about potential, do you honestly think Parcells looks for players with no potential?

In no way do I think that Parcells doesn't look at "potential", however, I do think he looks at it a little bit differently than others do. Do you not agree that the NFL is FULL of potential? Otherwise, they wouldn't even be in the NFL. There are just some that don't live up to their potential.....it's all seen in hindsight though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
In no way do I think that Parcells doesn't look at "potential", however, I do think he looks at it a little bit differently than others do. Do you not agree that the NFL is FULL of potential? Otherwise, they wouldn't even be in the NFL. There are just some that don't live up to their potential.....it's all seen in hindsight though.
Anyone who makes it to the NFL has potential.

Is all potential equal? I don't think so. I doubt it. Make that, no.

I'd have to say that there is a reason why kids get drafted earlier than others and it is directly proportional to their overall potential.

Joel Buschbaum, may he rest in peace, rated Drew Henson higher than Michael Vick. Vick was the overall #1 pick in 2001. Most NFL scouting services agree that Drew Henson is a player with a very high ceiling for potential.

That means one of two things will happen. He will either achieve his vast potential or be a colossal bust. Given the program he came from, his father's guidance, and his drive I just don't see Henson as a bust. He might be. I'm not saying it is his destiny to be a star. I just think he will be.

Now, I want you to think back the last few drafts. 2002 and Roy Williams. Was there a tremendous amount of worry that he was going to be a bust? I sure don't remember it. Fans and media were excited about this kid everywhere. There are always a couple of dissenters but the overall confidence level in Williams was through the roof. He was the next Ronnie Lott. Remember?

2003 and Terence Newman. Again, a few dissenting voices. Was there a tremendous amount of hair pulling with this selection? I think overall, other than a couple of people, the expectations for Newman were positive and he had great support amongst our fans. He was the next Deion Sanders. Remember?

Both of these guys had that support because of their tremendous potential. Why is Drew Henson any different in 2004? That's where evry scouting service in America rates this kid's ceiling potential. Yet we have fans in here who are apprehensive about him.

I don't get that Jim. To me, Dallas fans ought to be just as excited about this kid as we were for Williams and Newman. We ought to be just as excited about him as we will be for those 2 first round picks in 2005. This kid is a blue chip prospect that we stole from the in state rivals. In essence he is our first round pick in 2004 based on his potential. No different than Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Losman with the teams that drafted them.

There is some excitement in those cities about their future signal callers. Here we have bitterness, doubt, and outright opposition to him being given a chance to show what he has.

Not me, bring on the blue chipper and allow me to be excited about the future. I predict a lot of tunes will change except for the truly deluded. You might want to make your reservations now. There are more seats on the train than there are the bus, but it moves a lot faster.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Interesting. I have not read this whole thread so this may have already been asked but WTH, I'll ask this question. Strickly hypothedical here. If by some miracle, Henson went into camp and showed well. I mean well to the point that he basically played perhaps as well as Carter, would it be wise to start Henson? I don't see this happening but if it did, would it be a wise choice? I agree with the idea that Henson would not be ready to play in 05 without game experience if Carter didn't pan out. If we have to play Henson in 05, is it better to let him sit the whole season and play day on in 05 or is it better to bring him in this season to get experience and be ready to start 05?

blindzebra

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Interesting. I have not read this whole thread so this may have already been asked but WTH, I'll ask this question. Strickly hypothedical here. If by some miracle, Henson went into camp and showed well. I mean well to the point that he basically played perhaps as well as Carter, would it be wise to start Henson? I don't see this happening but if it did, would it be a wise choice? I agree with the idea that Henson would not be ready to play in 05 without game experience if Carter didn't pan out. If we have to play Henson in 05, is it better to let him sit the whole season and play day on in 05 or is it better to bring him in this season to get experience and be ready to start 05?

If he shows he is even close to Carter in camp and preseason he SHOULD play this year, and not just mop-up duty, meaningful football.

I'd rather have the pieces in place for an experienced Henson in 2005, than having the holes fixed and start an untested QB. This team is being built to be QB friendly, not QB reliant. If Henson lives up to his potential he could, with 7 or 8 games under his belt, take us to the Super Bowl in 2005.

1fisher

Reaction score
This thread needs to be moved to the star telegram board!!!!!........geez, it'll sure be nice to see training camp start so there will be more and hopefully better topics to talk about.....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Question/ How many teams in the NFL would give up theyre 3rd rounder for Quincy RIGHT NOW, on the cusp of his 4th year in the league? If the answer is NONE, or NOT MANY then why the downgrading of Henson by some? Our very own JJ and BP did JUST THAT for a guy who's been out of football for awhile. I understand that JJ gave up a 2 for Q but those were radically different times and PRE BP! ;)

I think your premise is entirely wrong...you'd get fewer teams unwilling to give up their 3rd rounder for Carter than those who would...I'd imagine the vast majority of teams would give up a 3rd to land Carter right now.

Why? They don't need him to start or ever threaten to start...most teams, not all, would love to have a young backup with mobility, a guy who has made some big throws and led a few comebacks, as their #2 guy. Who cares if he was a career backup...a 3rd rounder for that guy would be a steal. Go back over our own 3rd rounders over the years...many of these guys never become starters, much less stars.

Frankly, I'll even go one further....I'd guess more teams would give up a 3rd for CArter right now than for Henson right now... :eek: ...Why? because very few teams are looking for their future starter right now...those that are still looking for a future starter or franchise QB would surely be more likely to groom Henson for that role than CArter at this point, and so would we. However, most teams have the guy they are hanging their hats on as starting QB's right now...most would prefer spending that #3 on a backup QB who can help them win games in a pinch right now rather than spend it on a long range project who needs development.

Most teams, like our own Commanders, Eagles, and Giants would spend that 3rd on Carter as a backup before they'd spend it on Henson as a future starter to develop. The Cowboys, on the other hand, are in a better spot to spend the 3rd on a possible starter down the road rather than a backup now.

That's my opinion anyway.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Anyone who makes it to the NFL has potential.

Is all potential equal? I don't think so. I doubt it. Make that, no.

I'd have to say that there is a reason why kids get drafted earlier than others and it is directly proportional to their overall potential.

Joel Buschbaum, may he rest in peace, rated Drew Henson higher than Michael Vick. Vick was the overall #1 pick in 2001. Most NFL scouting services agree that Drew Henson is a player with a very high ceiling for potential.

That means one of two things will happen. He will either achieve his vast potential or be a colossal bust. Given the program he came from, his father's guidance, and his drive I just don't see Henson as a bust. He might be. I'm not saying it is his destiny to be a star. I just think he will be.

Now, I want you to think back the last few drafts. 2002 and Roy Williams. Was there a tremendous amount of worry that he was going to be a bust? I sure don't remember it. Fans and media were excited about this kid everywhere. There are always a couple of dissenters but the overall confidence level in Williams was through the roof. He was the next Ronnie Lott. Remember?

2003 and Terence Newman. Again, a few dissenting voices. Was there a tremendous amount of hair pulling with this selection? I think overall, other than a couple of people, the expectations for Newman were positive and he had great support amongst our fans. He was the next Deion Sanders. Remember?

Both of these guys had that support because of their tremendous potential. Why is Drew Henson any different in 2004? That's where evry scouting service in America rates this kid's ceiling potential. Yet we have fans in here who are apprehensive about him.

I don't get that Jim. To me, Dallas fans ought to be just as excited about this kid as we were for Williams and Newman. We ought to be just as excited about him as we will be for those 2 first round picks in 2005. This kid is a blue chip prospect that we stole from the in state rivals. In essence he is our first round pick in 2004 based on his potential. No different than Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Losman with the teams that drafted them.

There is some excitement in those cities about their future signal callers. Here we have bitterness, doubt, and outright opposition to him being given a chance to show what he has.

Not me, bring on the blue chipper and allow me to be excited about the future. I predict a lot of tunes will change except for the truly deluded. You might want to make your reservations now. There are more seats on the train than there are the bus, but it moves a lot faster.

Seriously Hos, you are comparing two positions that just arent marquee positions.....the safety and CB positions don't get the hoopla that the QB and RB position do....so it's no wonder to me that there really was no hair-pulling, etc.

I do remember people wondering why we took both of those players so high.....they were thinking we should have traded down. I disagree with that, but......

You really can bring up any number of people and their potential and all one has to do is start bringing up Leaf and how awesome he was in college.....or Mirer.....or {insert name here}.

Are you seriously saying that you wonder why people are apprehensive? We already have a QB that came in here with plenty of hoopla.....that went to baseball......that has been away from football prior to coming back. Really, it is no wonder why there are people that would be apprehensive about another one of these guys.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Seriously Hos, you are comparing two positions that just arent marquee positions.....the safety and CB positions don't get the hoopla that the QB and RB position do....so it's no wonder to me that there really was no hair-pulling, etc.

I do remember people wondering why we took both of those players so high.....they were thinking we should have traded down. I disagree with that, but......

You really can bring up any number of people and their potential and all one has to do is start bringing up Leaf and how awesome he was in college.....or Mirer.....or {insert name here}.

Are you seriously saying that you wonder why people are apprehensive? We already have a QB that came in here with plenty of hoopla.....that went to baseball......that has been away from football prior to coming back. Really, it is no wonder why there are people that would be apprehensive about another one of these guys.
Yes, that is what I am saying Jim. What is it about Henson that rates him less desirable to root for and hope he blossoms to reach his potential than any other player we have acquired? Because that is the appearance.

The comparison to Chad Hutchinson has never registered with me. I guess any player who committed to baseball must have serious bust written all over him. I'll make sure I tell that to Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, and John Elway.

Potential is potential and when it is any other player we talk it up. Henson is being talked down. That escapes me.

Should I refrain from any and all comparisons to make a point? That is not a jab, I'd really like to know.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yes, that is what I am saying Jim. What is it about Henson that rates him less desirable to root for and hope he blossoms to reach his potential than any other player we have acquired? Because that is the appearance.

The comparison to Chad Hutchinson has never registered with me. I guess any player who committed to baseball must have serious bust written all over him. I'll make sure I tell that to Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, and John Elway.

Potential is potential and when it is any other player we talk it up. Henson is being talked down. That escapes me.

Should I refrain from any and all comparisons to make a point? That is not a jab, I'd really like to know.

Henson is a viable threat to replace Carter, and that scares the spit out of them.

Even if they are a fence sitter. :rolleyes:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Henson isn't being talked down. He's been photoshopped with Aikman, compared to Aikman, and had the word "franchise" attached to his name more than any current player I've seen on this team, including #31.

But from third, and possibly fourth on the depth chart, it's pretty hard to sustain much enthusiasm for seeing him this year in anything but preseason. He's just too far back to get very excited about him this year, imo.

Like a Carson Palmer last season , he may have to do zilch this season but watch and learn to get handed the starting position next year. If and when he does, I know I will get excited. But this year, no player three deep on the depth chart in any position matters all that much.

Chances are very very strong he won't bypass Carter and Vinnie this year. He hasn't been strategically placed to do so, even if he is some wunderkind who can shrug off a few years of rust in a short time.

If he does, however, somehow manage to bypass one of them from his scout team duties and third team QBing in preseason, it will makes things very interesting.

I doubt he will though. He just won't get the primo snaps to make it possible.
I do hope we get to see him for the couple of drives with the first team Bill used to give his third QBs in preseason in NY. But those may go to Romo, who they are going to have to decide stays or goes. Drew is not a pressing matter. He obviously stays. There is no impetus to give him snaps over Tony, for whom this preseason seems critical.

For now, I am much more excited about Julius Jones and 2004.

Bluefin

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
So if Carter tanks, you'd rather have a QB with ZERO real playing time starting in 2005?

No thanks.

The second Carter shows that last year was his ceiling...camp, preseason, during the season...I want to get playing time for Henson. It makes no sense to put it off.

If Carter goes in the drink and his poor play was viewed as holding a good team back, I'd want to give Vinny Testaverde the chance of salvaging the season before looking at Drew Henson.

The team deserves that.

Putting Henson on the field just to get him experience would reak of the Hutchinson fiasco unless Drew defies the odds and is somehow prepared to play NFL football after a couple years splitting time at Michigan and then wasting his time doing something else for the last three years.

It isn't smart to rush quarterbacks on the field.

I will not place Henson's development above team success the way Jones and Coslet did in '02 with Hutchinson.

Unless Henson proves to be the second coming, it wouldn't be a good idea to rush him on the field just because Carter proves he isn't the answer.

I don't believe in tanking seasons to look at quarterbacks who've never taken a snap in games.

It'd be one thing to have Henson prove he was the best man for the job in camp and be rewarded by Parcells.

It's entirely different to say throw him out there because Carter showed he isn't the answer.

Parcells could lose the team by doing that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Henson isn't being talked down. He's been photoshopped with Aikman, compared to Aikman, and had the name "franschise" attached to his name more than any current player I've seen on this team, including #31.

But from third, and possibly fourth on the depth chart, it's pretty hard to sustain much enthusiasm for seeing him this year in anything but preseason. He's just too far back to get very excited about him this year, imo.

Like a Carson Palmer last season , he may have to do zilch this season but watch and learn to get handed the starting position next year. If and when he does, I know I will get excited. But this year, no player three deep on the depth chart in any position matters all that much.

Chances are very very strong he won't bypass Carter and Vinnie this year. He hasn't been strategically placed to do so, even if he is wunderkind who can shrug off a few years of rust in a shor time.

If he does, however, somehow manage to bypass one of them from his scout team duties and third team QBing in preseason, it will makes things very interesting.

I doubt he will though. He just won't get the primo snapo to make it possible.
I do hope we get to see him for the couple of drives with the first team Bill used to give his third QBs in preseason in NY. But those may go to Romo, who they are going to have to decide stays or goes. Drew is not a pressing matter. He obviously stays. There is no impetus to give him snaps over Tony, for whom this preseason seems critical.

For now, I am much more excited about Julius Jonee and 2004.e
Let's examine something that was said in response to me shall we? QBs taken high like Mirer, Shuler, etc. are potential busts.

Also said to me was a comparison to Hutchinson and the hype he received.

I brought up our last 2 top draft picks and talked about the hype that surrounded their selection as far as the fans went. Of course that got discarded a bit, but I think it is relevant and I am picking it back up.

Drew Henson, Roy Williams, and Terence Newman. Let's just examine those 3 and talk about perception among fans.

In 1991 the Cleveland Browns selected Eric Turner with the 2nd overall pick. He was a safety from UCLA and pretty much a bust. (Other Safeties taken high have busted too.) Were Cowboys fans wringing their hands that Roy Williams might be the next Eric Turner? No, they were anointing him the next Ronnie Lott. High expectations and standards. We only need to scoot over to our rival Extremeskins to see the hype that Sean Taylor is getting. Hyping a player is natural for fans of that team. If a guy has a chance to really reach his potential the fans are insane with optimism. Hype Taylor alongside Williams and Cowboys fans will bristle that Taylor hasn't accomplished anything yet. Williams was compared to Lott before he had accomplished anything. Dichotomy? I think so.

In 1997 the Detroit Lions selected Bryant Westbrook from Texas with the 5th oveall selection. Pretty much a colossal bust. (There have been other CBs taken high who busted too.) Were Cowboys fans wringing their hands that Terence Newman might be the next Bryant Westbrook? No, we were comparing him to Deion Sanders. High expectations and standards. Dichotomy? I think so.

I could go on and do this for any position on the football field. DT, Dan Wilinson in 1994. LB, Quentin Coryatt in 1992. RB, Blair Thomas in 1990. The list goes on.

For the most part football fans do not see who their team drafted and think the worst could happen. I guarantee you that if you go to the Patriots website they are not talking about Vince Wilfork in the same sentences with Steven Emtman and Dan Wilkinson.

Go to Chargers, Bills, Giants, and Steelers sites and I bet you the majority are excited about the new signal callers and talk of giving them their shots does not get beaten down and trampled on. There will always be a few, but not a majority. I would be shocked if any of those sites are wringing their hands thinking their new thrower is the next Ryan Leaf.

Yet that is what we have here. It doesn't make any sense at all. Drew Henson has been rated alongside a lot of young QBs who their team's fans are giddy about. Do you think there was apprehension in Jacksonville last year when they gave the ball to Leftwich? No, there was excitement. The future had arrived.

Here we get weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when we should have a little excitement.

I guarantee you that the picks in 2005 will have fans and hype instead of what we have now fr Henson. You can't even tell me it is the QB position because like I said, other teams fans are excited about their next generation. I seriously doubt that Steelers fans are upset at jpegs of Big Ben. I doubt Tommy Maddox's fans are complaining about the harmony of the forum. Bradshaw fans are not up in arms.

I have a few fellow vocal Henson fans, but nothing like the swell of support for Williams, Newman, and whoever the picks are in 05 will be. It is confusing.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Bluefin said:
It'd be one thing to have Henson prove he was the best man for the job in camp and be rewarded by Parcells.

Well, Tuna will never tank a season, and certainly not one straight off a playoff appearance.

If Quincy does "regress" tho, which I personally doubt he does, I think Tuna would knock him down to the third spot and give Drew or Tony, whoever is next in line, the second team reps behind the ever rep hungry Vinnie. Quincy's margin of error is this - he either keeps his starting job or he will be gone in the offseason (not the regular season).

I've got a feeling young Mr Romo,who will be fighting for his life, will be interesting
this summer.

But for both Romo and Henson, they will be lining up behind guys like Walters, handing off to guys like Lee, and throwing to guys like Newsome in practice and in games working with the same lot, against similar level players.

But I hope we get to see both kids take a drive or two with the first unit this summer. I do want to see both of them throw a pass or two to Terry and Key, with the better protection of the first squad oline. Just so we can get a little 'feel', anyway.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Bluefin said:
If Carter goes in the drink and his poor play was viewed as holding a good team back, I'd want to give Vinny Testaverde the chance of salvaging the season before looking at Drew Henson.

The team deserves that.

Putting Henson on the field just to get him experience would reak of the Hutchinson fiasco unless Drew defies the odds and is somehow prepared to play NFL football after a couple years splitting time at Michigan and then wasting his time doing something else for the last three years.

It isn't smart to rush quarterbacks on the field.

I will not place Henson's development above team success the way Jones and Coslet did in '02 with Hutchinson.

Unless Henson proves to be the second coming, it wouldn't be a good idea to rush him on the field just because Carter proves he isn't the answer.

I don't believe in tanking seasons to look at quarterbacks who've never taken a snap in games.

It's entirely different to say throw him out there because Carter showed he isn't the answer.

Parcells could lose the team by doing that.

I said the following things in this thread, " If Henson has a good camp and preseason and looks like he will challenge to start in 2005," and "If Henson plays close to Carter in camp and preseason," and "If Carter tanks."

I not saying let's trade Carter right now and go with Henson.

Carter had a 71 QB rating and threw 21 INTs, those are numbers a rookie QB COULD put up. We have spent the offseason making the offense more QB friendly, Parcells is going out of his way to have an offense that is not too reliant on it's QB. That will help Carter, but it would ALSO make it possible to contend with a rookie, too.

We are building the team for the long term, it's not just about this year. If it were we would have brought in Collins or Garcia. That does not mean that Parcells wants to just tank this season, but I believe that if Henson's potential shows up in camp, playing him this year is not writing off the season.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I have a few fellow vocal Henson fans, but nothing like the swell of support for Williams, Newman, and whoever the picks are in 05 will be. It is confusing.

Well, Roy Williams and Terence Newman were both coming off superb college careers and were automatically given starting jobs before suiting up.

Fans knew from the get go that these players were going to be on the field barring injury and they were pumped to see them play.

Drew Henson is currently projected to be third on the depth chart and possibly fourth if Romo sticks around. Henson's time will come at some to be determined date in the future.

Right now, the choice is between Quincy Carter and Vinny Testaverde.

I think it's harder for the majority of fans to rally behind a player they don't expect to see on the field this season.

That isn't a knock on Henson.

He just doesn't appear to be in the team's plans this season.

When Henson gets his shot, he will be one of the most popular players on the team without question.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Drew Henson has been rated alongside a lot of young QBs who their teams fans are giddy about. Do you think there was apprehension in Jacksonville last year when they gave the ball to Leftwich? No, there was excitement. The future had arrived.

Here we get weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when we should have a little excitement.

I guarantee you that the picks in 2005 will have fans and hype instead what we have now. You can't even tell me it is the QB position because like I said, other teams fans are excited about their next generation. I seriously doubt that Steelers fans are upset at jpegs of Big Ben. I doubt Tommy Maddox's fans are complaining about the harmony of the forum.

Williams and Newman were going to start. It is HOPED Jones does. It will take a disaster, no TWO disasters, for Drew to start this year, and probably the hope of the season gone. No wonder fans aren't thinking along this lines.

A much better example then the defensive backs and runners and the enthusiasm for them would be the feeling about Palmer last year in Cincy, or the Pennington experience in NY, which I am very familiar with.

Sure, we were all psyched up about Chad and his potential, but realizing it takes longer for QBS to get ready than for other positions, we had to acquire some patience. And it paid off. But no one wanted to sacrifice a season and to cap it off, sabotage his development. Not even the biggest Vinnie critics.

Didn't mean Chad was not liked, loved, or valued.

He was drafted as the future, and he became it.

It just wasn't immediate.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bluefin said:
Well, Roy Williams and Terence Newman were both coming off superb college careers and were automatically given starting jobs before suiting up.

Fans knew from the get go that these players were going to be on the field barring injury and they were pumped to see them play.

Drew Henson is currently projected to be third on the depth chart and possibly fourth if Romo sticks around. Henson's time will come at some to be determined date in the future.

Right now, the choice is between Quincy Carter and Vinny Testaverde.

I think it's harder for the majority of fans to rally behind a player they don't expect to see on the field this season.

That isn't a knock on Henson.

He just doesn't appear to be in the team's plans this season.

When Henson gets his shot, he will be one of the most popular players on the team without question.
I always like it when someone can respond well. Thank you.

Witten was not guaranteed a starting job, but was the next Jay Novacek. No one ever shot that down.

Bryant was he next Irvin. Saw very little complaints about him gettign hype.

Roos should have been a Pro Bowler as a rookie. Don't remember the negative hype.

See what I mean? It isn't even guys expected to start. We go crazy and fall in love with our guys who have potential.

Here I got a guy who wants to BBQ me because I have more hope in an untested rookie than a QB who won 10 games and took us to the playoffs.

Jake Delhomme won 11 or 12 games and took his team to the Super Bowl, but he sucks, yet our playoff QB, who had the worst stats of any of the playoff QBs is somehow going to rise above it all.

Therefore we must quash all hype of Henson. I don't get it.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I always like it when someone can respond well. Thank you.

Witten was not guaranteed a starting job, but was the next Jay Novacek. No one ever shot that down.

Bryant was he next Irvin. Saw very little complaints about him gettign hype.

Roos should have been a Pro Bowler as a rookie. Don't remember the negative hype.

See what I mean? It isn't even guys expected to start. We go crazy and fall in love with our guys who have potential.

Here I got a guy who wants to BBQ me because I have more hope in an untested rookie than a QB who won 10 games and took us to the playoffs.

Jake Delhomme won 11 or 12 games and took his team to the Super Bowl, but he sucks, yet our playoff QB, who had the worst stats of any of the playoff QBs is somehow going to rise above it all.

Therefore we must quash all hype of Henson. I don't get it.

Look who is answering the question and you have your answer. ;)

Like I said, if you support Carter, Henson is VERY scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.