Drafted by Cowboys 3rd round Pick 73 Cowboys take Cooper Beebe

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The good news is that Martin knows everything, so he can hold his hand until he gets up to speed.
Tough row to hoe to make the jump to the NFL, change positions, and change to one of most mentally demanding positions.

C is *not* G. There are demands on C that G does not have. So much more going on in your head while at the same time you have to be quicker off the snap because you've got to snap and go instead of just go.

A C with power will probably be fine at G. A G is just not necessarily able to adjust to the special demands at C. And that adjustment will probably take time.

Everyone's favorite hated college T/G turned into a very good C when he left. But he did that in year 5. Big ask of Beebe to do it as a rookie.

It helps any lineman to play next to Martin. But our C can't be a Martin sock puppet. He's got to figure it out all *and* perform on his own. Hints from his right may be helpful, but it's still one more thing for him to process.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Tough row to hoe to make the jump to the NFL, change positions, and change to one of most mentally demanding positions.

C is *not* G. There are demands on C that G does not have. So much more going on in your head while at the same time you have to be quicker off the snap because you've got to snap and go instead of just go.

A C with power will probably be fine at G. A G is just not necessarily able to adjust to the special demands at C. And that adjustment will probably take time.

Everyone's favorite hated college T/G turned into a very good C when he left. But he did that in year 5. Big ask of Beebe to do it as a rookie.

It helps any lineman to play next to Martin. But our C can't be a Martin sock puppet. He's got to figure it out all *and* perform on his own. Hints from his right may be helpful, but it's still one more thing for him to process.
Martin was our emergency center I do believe; the only guy we have that could play all five positions. HE has forgotten more offensive line knowledge then most coaches will ever have.

Jarntt

Reaction score
he probably will do fine but nothing is guaranteed. Claiming no issue is just plain wrong. Being a center is not as simple as you seem top think
Really nothing is guaranteed? Wow I’ve never been through an NFL season before. Of course nothing is guaranteed. A message board is for opinions and I said I feel confident not that it’s a guaranteed