Drafted by Cowboys 3rd round Pick 73 Cowboys take Cooper Beebe

rambo2

Reaction score
He's never played center, Cowboys have not said he will for them.

I think he will be, but he's not at this time. We'll see...
His coach says he has and McCarthy said he is in the center competition. I'll say he is the center

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Here's a thought - Smith to LT, Beebe at LG, Guyton to RT. Martin a RG a given, of course. Hoffman to C.

Probably not, but hey! It's the off season! Go crazy!!! :grin:
A owner who complains about paying coaches after they fired will bench a tackle he just gave a huge extension to?

Cebrin

Reaction score
That’s a pretty cavalier sentiment. Center is a difficult position to play. It is critical to an offensive line/offense in college football and in the NFL. If he can play center so well why didn’t he at Kansas State? Perhaps Dallas should consider drafting the guy who did.
I get your sentiment, but he didn't play center because he wasn't asked to do so. They had a 2 time all big 12 and champion playing center in Kansas. Beebe played guard because that's where he was needed.

He has, however worked on learning the position during pre-draft training with offensive line instructor Duke Manyweather.

His position flex is sorely needed. We have no idea if Tyler Guyton will be ready to play game 1. Maybe Tyler Smith winds up at LT, Beebe at Guard, and Hoffman or Bass at Center until Guyton is refined, and ready. If he is ready, Beebe has all the tools, technique, size, pedigree, and athleticism to play center.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I know very little about the techniques of offensive lineman, but this video gives me nothing but smiles.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Word is he trained pre- draft at center and given a vote of confidence from his OL coach that unlike JPJ- Cooper can handle the calls mentally. With Cooper’s 31 1/2 inch arms center is the perfect position for him in the NFL.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

McMicah

Reaction score
The only tiny concern I have is snapping. Wouldn’t short arms impact snap ability? How big are his hands? Does that impact positive control of the ball while snapping?

If he can learn to snap and still get off the line of scrimmage quickly, we are in business. I’m also 100% ok with him sliding to G when Martin leaves if we find a better C in the draft in the next couple years

gtb1943

Reaction score
The only tiny concern I have is snapping. Wouldn’t short arms impact snap ability? How big are his hands? Does that impact positive control of the ball while snapping?

If he can learn to snap and still get off the line of scrimmage quickly, we are in business. I’m also 100% ok with him sliding to G when Martin leaves if we find a better C in the draft in the next couple years
this whole arm length thing is so exaggerated. Really thinking his arms are so short he cannot snap the ball is beyond dumb. Even Costa COULD snap the ball and his arms were a LOT shorter