Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round, Pick 90 - Cowboys Draft G Connor McGovern Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Reaction score
Love this pick much more than the Hill selection.

Yeah OL picks are not sexy etc but this game is won in the trenches and ignoring your OL is the first way you become a basket case of a team and just look at the the Cards and Fins for proof.

Even though it won't get much love from the uneducated football folk for obvious reasons this pick makes perfect sense as Connor is versatile on the OL and can virtually play anywhere.

Fantastic selection IMO at #90.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL....another off-lineman who is light and needs to bulk up how groovy......same formula and another blame game piece when Coop is doubled and Zeke is facing 8 in the box......

P.S. Heath sleep easy baby....

endersdragon

Reaction score
Walter gave it a A-, CBSsports a B. Sounds like an insurance policy at guard and center depending on what happens there with Fredbeard and Williams.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Should have gone with a safety here, but atleast he looks like a pretty good player

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the fact he is not only a highly regarded Guard but also has experience at Center

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Good player, good value here. I just want to know how bad the safety play has to get before someone does something about it?

This kid is the opposite of Hill. Great work ethic, limited athletically (will struggle with speed of NFL interior d linemen). Will allow them the flexibility to move on from one of these big OL contracts next year or two.

Cowboys seem to have the 2009 mentality, acting as if everything is fine. Not a great draft for us so far. The safeties are going to get us killed when games matter the most. One year they'll figure it out.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Yeah OL picks are not sexy etc but this game is won in the trenches and ignoring your OL is the first way you become a basket case of a team and just look at the the Cards and Fins for proof.

Even though it won't get much love from the uneducated football folk for obvious reasons this pick makes perfect sense as Connor is versatile on the OL and can virtually play anywhere.

Ignore the O Line? We have invested more in our line than anyone in the league and gave up 56 sacks

Sydla

Reaction score

He’s a backup OG right now. That’s not great value especially when you have other needs.

Someone has to be moving or this doesn’t make much sense.

kumizi

Reaction score
He’s a backup OG right now. That’s not great value especially when you have other needs.

That's what cracks me about some of these replies. "Great value" Is this guy even going to get on the field next year?

Bluefin

Reaction score
I mean, McGovern is awesome value. But I'm confused...
Guessing plan is for Connor McGovern to sit as a rookie with plan to take over at LG in 2020 with Connor Williams moving out to RT with La'el Collins walking after this season.

I don't think they'd move Collins now, he's recovering from shoulder surgery.

We'll see what they say in the post-draft presser tonight.

I really like the pick.

I wanted nothing to do with Isiah Johnson or Trayveon Williams in this spot.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or, recognition that Looney earned a big deal next year and won't be here as a backup. Several moving parts here

Then draft an OL or sign a vet OL in 2020.

Drafting now for a potential roster opening in two seasons isn’t wise IMO.

Chappy

Reaction score

He can play anywhere and don't be so obtuse.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Y’all keep expecting Dallas to draft a Safety early. Jeff Heath is on the team. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.