Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round, Pick 90 - Cowboys Draft G Connor McGovern Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnday

Reaction score
Hes taken subpar players and gotten production time and time again. I think if anything he falters in his ability to identify and seek real talent. Its almost as if he prefers be dealt a crappy hand. It doesn't start and end with Melton, you know that.
He has taken subpar talent and made them starters. Players like Hayden was starting for Marinelli. He should have never put that kind of player in a game, but he was too stubborn to admit that Hayden was a disaster. I have not seen all of these miracles that Marinelli has performed on these no talent players. In all honesty, he has made some moves that has hurt the defensive line.

CWR

Reaction score
He has taken subpar talent and made them starters. Players like Hayden was starting for Marinelli. He should have never put that kind of player in a game, but he was too stubborn to admit that Hayden was a disaster. I have not seen all of these miracles that Marinelli has performed on these no talent players. In all honesty, he has made some moves that has hurt the defensive line.

I hate that I've somehow been put in a position to defend Marinelli because Im capable of giving him some form of limited credit. He's known for being the "rushmen" whisperer. Im certain I could go throughout his tenures and pick out a few dozen success stories although I dont think thats exclusive to him and is to be expected for any coach with longevity in the league.

What I can tell you is we survived a season with Selvie and Mincy starting. He turned out Mayowas best season, did the same with Melton and so on. He takes lesser talent and patches together competitive units.

Im certain Ive butchered the spelling on those but the point remains. Marinelli has his faults and Ive spoken to them as well. But hes not all bad either, like most issues we speak of here its not black and white and its not all that simple.

reddyuta

Reaction score
people are just assuming Conor williams will be ok at RT but lets see if he even gets to practice at that position.IMO they should play Mcgovern at Center to start with,we have no idea if Tfred will be back to his old self.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
people are just assuming Conor williams will be ok at RT but lets see if he even gets to practice at that position.IMO they should play Mcgovern at Center to start with,we have no idea if Tfred will be back to his old self.

Connor is just an odd ball lineman..

He may only end up being a swing tackle here if he loses the left guard spot.

He’s so finesse. He gets his blocks but it’s just get in the way blocks. He’s not moving guys.

We’ll see what the offseason has done for his strength but I think if he plays like last year then Looney or McGovern should take his spot because they can move people a lot better then Connor can.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Connor is just an odd ball lineman..

He may only end up being a swing tackle here if he loses the left guard spot.

He’s so finesse. He gets his blocks but it’s just get in the way blocks. He’s not moving guys.

We’ll see what the offseason has done for his strength but I think if he plays like last year then Looney or McGovern should take his spot because they can move people a lot better then Connor can.

agree.Its a very important year for Williams.He has very good feet but got pushed around.I saw his bulked up picture earlier,i sure hope that helps.

Manster68

Reaction score
It is really starting to appear that Conner Williams is more suitable at tackle than guard.

One of the gentleman on Day 2 of the Draft Show said he would switch La'el Collins and Conner Williams immediately. I agree with that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wasn’t surprised we used a early pick on a O-Line player. He was a BPA likely with a higher player grade than what else was there. They say he is a plug in instant starter. Not sure what his weight and strength level is. I know Willians wasn’t ready to be a starter.

conner01

Reaction score
Then draft an OL or sign a vet OL in 2020.

Drafting now for a potential roster opening in two seasons isn’t wise IMO.
To me it’s really smart to fix problems before they are problems

Status
Not open for further replies.