3wr 4wr sets

Londonboy

Reaction score
Be happy to see it, if You've got weapons, You should use Them.
Just please stop doing it on the Goal Line (or is it Goal-Line?)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
are we finally going to get some cooper/gallup/austin/cobb sets with zeke?
multiple wrs can play in slot, rac, outside and run the jet sweep
everyone except austin can run block but he can run the jetsweep providing misdirection for zeke in the oppo direction
I would hope so, I can envision that with a new hopeful creative thought process at OC,, we shall see.
I would love to see an option were Dak splits Zeke out wide, just to move a LB out of the box, and let Dak have the opportunity to take off if its there.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I would hope so, I can envision that with a new hopeful creative thought process at OC,, we shall see.
I would love to see an option were Dak splits Zeke out wide, just to move a LB out of the box, and let Dak have the opportunity to take off if its there.

i think 4 wide or 5 wide is reasonable red zone offense as they have to be concerned with dak running. great for qb sneak when u have pulled 5 defenders away.
heck have zeke be the one running a jet sweep from empty backfield

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Similar to what the Rams do. Wr pre snap motion, then handoff or fake to Zeke based on keys. The key is using the same players, same formation and run different plays so the defense has to read multiple keys and not just personnel group.
The rams use 11 personnel almost 100% of the time. They dont use any 10 personnel that ive seen. I like their playcalls but they have a scrub te also. Hes better than our te but when cooper cup went down it affected their offense alot.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I'm surprised Carrot Top doesn't Run 4 wide tight end sets. I remember all those ignorant spread formations with Escobar and Witten. Lol. I betcha we see hundreds more of those stupid 12 personnel passing formations next year under Moore.

We'll catch 1 rinky dink pass for a td all year long out of 700 passing snaps and that will justify using it every snap. Probably when the defender falls down. Lol. The Cowboys are serving up their everydown TE koolaide again this year. Aka TRASHCAN PUNCH.

Our best shot at a Superbowl is for all these TES to get hurt WEEK 1 except Rico. Lol. Then we might see 100% 10 personell ALL YEAR. Im surprised we havent replaced Rico yet with another big non athletic white guy who cant score. Just make it a clean sweep. Lol

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rams use 11 personnel almost 100% of the time. They dont use any 10 personnel that ive seen. I like their playcalls but they have a scrub te also. Hes better than our te but when cooper cup went down it affected their offense alot.

Right, the point is they run most of their plays out of the same formation. Their offense is super simple about 6 play concepts. But they run fake, reverse, motion receivers, etc all out of the same formation same plays . Makes it hard on defense since it's harder to key on what they are doing.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Rams are really smart with their 11 personnel. They run something like 95% of their plays out of the same personnel group. So they never tip their hand with whether it's going to be a pass or run play, and they can run their full offense out of a hurry-up if they want to.

One of the keys to doing that is having a good TE though. McVay made his bones doing that with Jordan Reed in Washington, who essentially gave him a 4th WR to play with, and he drafted Gerald Everett to do the same in LA. The Rams use Tyler Higbee a lot though, who is a poor receiver but an excellent blocker. Between Gurley runs, pick plays, downfield blocks to create more YAC, etc, my understanding is that he is too good and Everett just isn't good enough to take him off the field.

That's one of the problems we have IMO. We also leave our TEs in the game full time, but they completely suck as both blockers and receivers, so at times it feels like we're almost playing with ten men on offense.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Now that Beasely has finally broke loose from this cursed everyd
Right, the point is they run most of their plays out of the same formation. Their offense is super simple about 6 play concepts. But they run fake, reverse, motion receivers, etc all out of the same formation same plays . Makes it hard on defense since it's harder to key on what they are doing.

I concur and i liked their scheme better. But Gurley had 16-17 tds and zeke had like 6 tds. The rams run a similar but a way better offense than the Cowboys. The Rams dont run a bunch of scrub 12 -13 personell groups hardly ever and they had a way better offense at scoring. Had they not lost Cupp or kc doesnt lose Hunt there is one less Lombardi trophy in Ne.

The Rams woulda been alot more dangerous if they had a better te or woulda lined Gurley up in the slot more instead. If you leave a scrub te on the field the defense is gonna try to take away the players who can score and make you beat then with that Te. You cant turn a dud into a stud at te unless youre playing the NY Giants. Lol.

The Rams Te Higbee made plays against Dallas. He wasnt a very good te at all. Thats always our biggest weakness on defense is covering tes. Surprising enough thats also our biggest weakness on offense too. Imagine that. Lol.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Few teams use 4 WRs very often, but 3 is more common, and despite what some Cowboy fans claim, is not unusual for the Cowboys. I expect Moore to be more creative, but they aren't going to a spread offense.
that's the part that most fans miss.....they are thinking college spread offense. as a base offense, it doesn't work...yes, 3 WR sets are more common and with gallup, cooper, cobb/Austin we have that

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
are we finally going to get some cooper/gallup/austin/cobb sets with zeke?
multiple wrs can play in slot, rac, outside and run the jet sweep
everyone except austin can run block but he can run the jetsweep providing misdirection for zeke in the oppo direction

Ill be waiting to see. Because the staple of the horrid Garrett offense is heavy TE sets over heavy WR sets. We will know very quickly if things have changed with moore or not.

waldoputty

Reaction score

we have potentially a better ol.
we have zeke and they have gurley.
the difference is dak is a threat to run whereas rams qb, not so.
i did not say to run dak 10 times a game.
but he is a threat and must be respected and misdirect with zeke in the backfield or zeke running a jet sweep with dak going in opposite direction