Twitter: 4 and 88 Back in Action

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you expect the defense to throw a shutout, AND make up for the offensive lack of scoring
We were the highest scoring team in the NFL last season. We’ve lost two playoff games under Dak where we scored 30 or more points. I’m certainly not expecting a shutout but don’t allow the opponent to score TDs on every damn drive. Make a stand and force them to kick an FG or get them off the field on third down so they can’t drive the ball down our throats all day. The last time we played Cleveland they rushed over 300 yards and that was without Nick Chubb for most of the game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That hasn't won a damn thing in the post season. Why are people happy about that?
IM not being a jerk, but asking a serious question. Wining in the playoffs is so damn hard. Marty Schottenheimer was a great coach, but had horrible playoff success. So do you just start the season with the attitude that the season is lost before it begins? Again, Im not trying to be a jerk at all, I seriously want to understand how you approach the start of the season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Against good teams? Very possible. How did it look vs Buffalo, Miami and Detroit?
ahhhhh//... Ok. we scored 20 and 20 in the Dolphins and Lions game. Certainly didnt light it up... but 20 is in the range to win the game. BUT.... I like how you cherry pick.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
am I confused, or didnt we lead the league in scoring last year?
Cool.... too bad they couldn't do it when it mattered most. Oh, I forgot, that was the defenses fault the offense could only put 7 points on the scoreboard in the 1st half.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cool.... too bad they couldn't do it when it mattered most. Oh, I forgot, that was the defenses fault the offense could only put 7 points on the scoreboard in the 1st half.
one game, no relevance. Throughout history, it happens. Just look at all the 1 seeds that have been bounced vs a wildcard team. But chose to be a pessimistic, miserable person. Why even watch the opener, win or lose you will still be miserable.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You think the offense looked good in those games?
I said we scored 20 and 20.... and if the defense didnt stink, we beat the dolphins. Wasnt that also the game Pollard had an easy TD and decided to cut back at the goal line and get stopped because he weighed a buck 50?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I said we scored 20 and 20.... and if the defense didnt stink, we beat the dolphins. Wasnt that also the game Pollard had an easy TD and decided to cut back at the goal line and get stopped because he weighed a buck 50?
We had a 33 percent 3rd down conversion rate that game. Would've ranked 28th in the NFL. I'd call that bad but you seem to want to argue and I'm not interested. Have fun

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We had a 33 percent 3rd down conversion rate that game. Would've ranked 28th in the NFL. I'd call that bad but you seem to want to argue and I'm not interested. Have fun
there is no argument... your argument is subjective, Mine is FACTS. Numbers determine where teams fall.. not your opinion.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
if you want to keep referring to the Packers game, we put up over 500 yards, with 37 first downs and 32 points. If the defense gets manhandled and can’t keep the Browns out of the end zone all day it will be their fault. When our defense plays well, we usually roll and when it doesn’t, we get destroyed. That was the way it was last season.
Ha ha, garbage offense after behind by 4 scores, is not offense, trading TDs for TDs could have been ,okay.

No excuse for Quinn and D ,but the offense sucked too.