4 Corners to keep your eye on

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Needs aside, I don’t know how we don’t consider JOK ? Unless there is something there we don’t know about I’m all in. Too much upside to not consider stealing in round 2.
extreme definition of BPA

Cowboyny

Reaction score
St. Juste is someone I can see then looking at on day 3. There are reasons not to like him (age, ball, ball production, medicals) but he has the requisite size and length.

Not a guy I would take day 2, but on day 3 he could good value as a guy that probably come right in and be in your top 4
He fits their prototype, but think they are going to take a corner with either 44 or 75, if not trade up.

Sydla

Reaction score
People keep saying JOK could be an option but why?

We just took a LB in the first. JOK is a hybrid style player. He's not a full time S. So are you really going to double dip on two guys that probably are best served playing close to the LOS?

Sydla

Reaction score
He fits their prototype, but think they are going to take a corner with either 44 or 75, if not trade up.

I think their decision at 44 is likely going to be made for them as some of the names we are discussing will be gone in the first 11 picks in the 2nd round.

It would be great if there was a run on OTs - Jenkins, Eichenberg, etc. - pushing Moehrig or Samuel to us.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The corner back class is one of the deepest this year and there still will be day 1 starters to choose from, might even stretch to rd 3. Outside of losing Stokes late yesterday, here are 4 corners that are excellent fits for the Cowboys:

Melifonwu-fits their prototype to a tee. Big/Long, Fast. Ideal Cover 3 Corner. They have shown major interest in him.

Campbell-has all the physical traits they look for. His biggest issue is locating the football. Was Surtain's running mate in high school.

Joseph-he is as good as the 1st tier corners. What has made me drop is character concerns. Quit LSU twice and Kentucky was happy to see him go. His game and attitude resemble Marcus Peters, who is a good corner in this league.

Adebo-another, big/long corner, but lacks elite speed. He has a knack of getting his hands on many balls. Might be there at 75.

What will help the Cowboys is there are several undersized corners who will also be selected on day 2, which they will most likely not be interested with: Samuel, Robinson, Molden (as a corner)
I don’t know where you got your information that UK was glad to see Joseph go, but it’s not remotely true. I live in Kentucky and I’m a huge UK fan. He was fine here.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The corner back class is one of the deepest this year and there still will be day 1 starters to choose from, might even stretch to rd 3. Outside of losing Stokes late yesterday, here are 4 corners that are excellent fits for the Cowboys:

Melifonwu-fits their prototype to a tee. Big/Long, Fast. Ideal Cover 3 Corner. They have shown major interest in him.

Campbell-has all the physical traits they look for. His biggest issue is locating the football. Was Surtain's running mate in high school.

Joseph-he is as good as the 1st tier corners. What has made me drop is character concerns. Quit LSU twice and Kentucky was happy to see him go. His game and attitude resemble Marcus Peters, who is a good corner in this league.

Adebo-another, big/long corner, but lacks elite speed. He has a knack of getting his hands on many balls. Might be there at 75.

What will help the Cowboys is there are several undersized corners who will also be selected on day 2, which they will most likely not be interested with: Samuel, Robinson, Molden (as a corner)

I'd put money on either Campbell or Melifonwu ending up in Dallas before the day is over. Perfect fits for Quinn.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t know where you got your information that UK was glad to see Joseph go, but it’s not remotely true. I live in Kentucky and I’m a huge UK fan. He was fine here.
Several have reported that his HC was fine for him to miss the bowl game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think their decision at 44 is likely going to be made for them as some of the names we are discussing will be gone in the first 11 picks in the 2nd round.

It would be great if there was a run on OTs - Jenkins, Eichenberg, etc. - pushing Moehrig or Samuel to us.
Don't think Samuel fits what they want at the position.

visionary

Reaction score
If it was up to me, unless one of those 1st rd players slides to 44, I am addressing the Safety position, then trading up in the back end of rd 2 to land my corner. The defensive tackle class isn't great, they can address those needs after.

i think if they trade back into rd 2 it will be for Milton Williams not for CB

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Several have reported that his HC was fine for him to miss the bowl game.
I’ve never heard that, but even if true, who knows the context? He could’ve meant he doesn’t hold it against Joseph with him entering the draft. Unfortunately, lots of players entering the draft opt out of bowl games now to avoid potential injury and to start preparing for the draft.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I’ve never heard that, but even if true, who knows the context? He could’ve meant he doesn’t hold it against Joseph with him entering the draft. Unfortunately, lots of players entering the draft opt out of bowl games now to avoid potential injury and to start preparing for the draft.

There are character concerns, which is why he still is undrafted as his talent is 1st rd quality.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
People keep saying JOK could be an option but why?

We just took a LB in the first. JOK is a hybrid style player. He's not a full time S. So are you really going to double dip on two guys that probably are best served playing close to the LOS?

Similar thoughts.

If Neal wasn’t on the roster JOK would make some sense, but definitely not now with Parsons onboard.