News: 4 Cowboys Fined For Salvation Army Celebration

shabazz

Reaction score
I can see the point of view about why celebrate, be professional
BUT celebrating scores is about as old as football
The NFL, as usual, comes off as stupid and hypocritical - The Lambeau Leap can actually cause serious injuries but that is fine(and don't give me that horsecrap about it being grandfathered in)
I hope the players keep doing it and Jethro keeps paying the fines; I would like it even more if the players would then donate an equal amount to the Salvation Army as a way to give Goofsmell and the NFL the finger.

true. Butch Johnson “California Quake” goes back 40+ years and it seemed appropriate when he did something great like scoring a TD…….the problem I have, however, is watching an entire defense go to the end zone, 70 yards away, because they merely recovered a fumble. They should have stopped that nonsense long ago……a boring time waster

erod

Reaction score
That's more attention for the Salvation Army than a million annoying bell ringers outside a million Wal-Marts.

Dumb.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could have been professionals and just walked off the field.
I only remember 1 player that consistently just tossed the ball to the ref and walked off the field...
Barry Sanders

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Totally disagree! If this incident triggered you, then maybe you also be offended every time a player spikes a football after a TD.

Nice try. Well, actually, poor try.

Players don't get fined for spiking the ball.

Don't try to equate things that are obviously completely different.

Also,....as stated,...I don't care one way or the other that they did this. They coulda used it as a toilet and pooped in it for all I care.

But don't try to make it look like this was them supporting the Salvation Army. That's hero worship, fan boy type of spin job. (Not saying YPU did that,...but the original guy I was replying to (so, like, butt out))

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Crazy , that was a good celebration, not demeaning whatsoever. I understand NFL has to apply their rules but could have let them go with a warning.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Not to entertain those around me. Celebrating and doing choreographed entertainment skits are 2 different things. I don't mind players celebrating, but I don't like them even doing solo choreographed skits to entertain the people watching. It wouldn't bother me to not see another nose wipe or eating gesture

Although I would have enjoyed demarcus wares sack celebration 20 times a game. Maybe I am picky

Fair enough, my man. GO COWBOYS!!

I won't apologize for being an old school 'act like you have been there' type of person. Celebrations are nothing more than 'look at me' spectacles.

And no, I didn't jump around back in 2016. I was 51 years old back then. If I did anything it was probably a fist pump or I said something like 'screw Pittsburgh'

I loved TD celebrations going back to Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and Elmo Wright. I think Deion Sanders stole his high stepping celebration from Elmo. Celebration is one thing, taunting is another. I do not like taunting at all! But, I wasn't a fan of Chad Johnson's TD celebrations. They were stupid! Cell phone call, proposing to a cheerleader, etc. Although his "Irish Riverdance" was spot on. Lol Ahhh the good old days when no one got offended and accused someone of cultural appropriation/assimilation. Great times back then. :(

Anyways. I'm your age. I should've said back in 1992/93 NFC Championship game when Alvin Harper caught that slant in the last minutes of that game to seal the deal. Did you and your friends just sit there like zombies, like the crowd did watching Randy Watson perform? My friends and I were going crazy because we were all in our prime just like the players that were playing that game. We are old now so of course our fans our age will not celebrate. I/we still do though. :cool: These cats playing now are in their prime of their lives and having fun, so I won't ridicule them long as they are not doing any taunting. And I wasn't asking you to apologize, amigo. I was just trying to get you to see their reasonings of doing what they do. GO COWBOYS!!

Bigdog

Reaction score
Jerry probably said I’ll pay for your fine. You gave publicity to not only the Cowboys but to a worthy charity that is associated with the Cowboys. It’s a win- win situation and we viewed in a positive light.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Crazy , that was a good celebration, not demeaning whatsoever. I understand NFL has to apply their rules but could have let them go with a warning.
And then every other team's fans would be typing away about how the Cowboys get preferencial treatment. lol