4 Teams showing intrest in Schulters including

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
There you go.

Nobody--not us the fans or the media--know what we are going to do.

Raise your hand if you saw the Izell Reese signing coming. Anyone? Anyone?

Some are no-brainers. If Parcells "knew" Schulters, it would be a natural.

I am just a little tired of the media trumping up interest when it either does not exist or is mild at best. All it does is generate false hope and dashed dreams once these players go elsewhere.
~Sitting on my hands.~

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Why not bring in Shulters to compete with Reese and Davis. Its still going to always come down to the best man winning.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I've said this quite a few times about depth at NT, but Pittsburgh did have an undersized unknown replace Hampton in their 3-4 last year named Chris Hoke. He is just under 300 pounds and did pretty good.

So, does Dallas have a Chris Hoke hiding on the roster? I still don't think Glover is a good full time 3-4 NT, but I was thinking other guys like Ratliff, Brooks, or maybe even Spears. Thoughts?

I think the primary rotation will be Glover and Fergeson.

I think if he had to, chubby checker may be able to play NT.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What was his foot injury that ended his season last year?

Reaction score
I don't think Spears will ever line up at a NT...
But I want to see if Carson is healthy?
I think his knee was a issue all last year...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Great News is the team with Salary cap can cherry pick the best FA's available at a discount as traning camp approaches.

Free Safety is still a problem for us....

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I don't think Spears will ever line up at a NT...
But I want to see if Carson is healthy?
I think his knee was a issue all last year...

Likewise ...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Schulters Will Not Practice At First Mini Camp Tuesday
Staff Report May 17, 2005
With his future status uncertain, Titans Safety Lance Schulters will not practice with the team during Tuesday's Mini-Camp session.

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese and Schulter's agent Brian Levy arrived at the decision Monday during a meeting to discuss the safety's stauts after June 1. Most observers expect Schulters to be a salary-cap casualty with a base salary of $2.75 million.

''We are going to hold him out until his fate is decided one way or the other,'' Levy told the Tennessean. ''Obviously both sides wouldn't want to see him get hurt at this point. He could practice if need be, but I don't think it is in anyone's better interest for him to partake in the activities. He is not going to take a risk.''

Schulters missed most of last season with a Lis Franc injury to his foot. Doctors have cleared Schulters to begin running, but both Reese and Levy said risking injury to the foot would not be prudent.

If the Titans wanted to release Schulters, they could risk having to pay a portion of his salary if he re-injured the foot. Further injury would also affect the safety's market value.

As for what the Titans want to do, Reese said the team still wants the safety.

''We want Lance, and he wants to be here. I think that is clear on both parties,'' Reese told the Tennessean. ''Can we work it out? We're going to try.''

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Alexander said:
There you go.

Nobody--not us the fans or the media--know what we are going to do.

Raise your hand if you saw the Izell Reese signing coming. Anyone? Anyone?

Yo...

Check the archives, I'm on the record touting Reese... said he'd be a logical, short term fix for the Boys... pointed out how Buffalo's pass defense was one of the league's best last year, and how Reese started for them...

I had a hunch that the Boys might look to try to fill this spot on the cheap, and I didn't figure Reese would cost too much...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
October 14th, 2004
Titans S Lance Schulters was told on Friday that he won't need surgery on his foot, but he'll still need to wear a protective boot for at least four weeks due to a Lisfranc injury.

January 14th (3 months later)
The agent for Ty Law (CB) NE said his client soon will undergo surgery, according to the Boston Globe. Law missed the second half of the season with a broken left foot. "I'm not aware of the details, but Ty said he would be having surgery," said agent Carl Poston. "I don't know if anything has changed, but that's what he's relayed to me."

Yes, obviously they had the exact same injuries and are in the exact same phase of rehab. Well, not really the same injuries. And not really in the exact same phase of rehab.

But otherwise, yes, exact same injuries in the exact same stage of rehab.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
October 14th, 2004
Titans S Lance Schulters was told on Friday that he won't need surgery on his foot, but he'll still need to wear a protective boot for at least four weeks due to a Lisfranc injury.

January 14th (3 months later)
The agent for Ty Law (CB) NE said his client soon will undergo surgery, according to the Boston Globe. Law missed the second half of the season with a broken left foot. "I'm not aware of the details, but Ty said he would be having surgery," said agent Carl Poston. "I don't know if anything has changed, but that's what he's relayed to me."

Yes, obviously they had the exact same injuries and are in the exact same phase of rehab. Well, not really the same injuries. And not really in the exact same phase of rehab.

But otherwise, yes, exact same injuries in the exact same stage of rehab.
Thanks for the clarification. Also good to note that he could have practiced if they weren't cap strapped.

One of the articles I read said he had gone 22 games without an interception. However another site did have an impressive number of passes defensed, tackles, etc.

He's 30. Right now, he may be our best possible solution at FS. The question is, how much will he want?