4-Win Division Champion is Possible

jnday

Reaction score
Interesting. Dallas gets into the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins and basically forfeits a top 5 pick but wins a few playoff games and makes it the the NFC championship. Is this season still a failure?
The goal of every season is to win a Super Bowl. If they don’t do it, the season is a failure. There are no moral victories in football.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I believe there are some combinations where we could see a 4-win team go to the Playoffs as a Division champ. For example:

* Everyone in the division loses the rest of their games OUTSIDE of the division
* Dallas beats the Eagles and Giants (but loses to WFT)
* WFT Beats Dallas and Eagles

There are other combinations as well, but basically I'm saying it isn't entirely impossible that we see a Division champ with 4 wins, and it's maybe even probable that we see one with 5 or 6 wins.

This division has played 37 total games thus far -- 21 of these have been outside of the division. Out of these 21, we have gone 2-18-1 (with one of those being the miracle vs Atlanta).

We have 27 total games left to go -- 19 of these remaining are outside of the division -- the weakest teams on our combined schedules are Bengals, Browns, and 49ers (and none of these are easy games) -- I'd argue that the other remaining games are not winnable.
Please stop it with the Eastern Division, the Cowboys would be fricking fools to try and win this year. Get up in the first couple of picks in the draft and nail it with a defensive player. If we get to the last game of the season and we're losing by 6 points and Zek breaks through the offensive line let's say at the 20 yd line with no time on the clock and looks like he's going to score the TD that will put the Boys in the playoffs with a great 80 yd run down the Cowboy's sideline BIG MM better throw down his clip board run onto the field and tackle Zek before he can score. Now that would be the play of the decade.........

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
it really wont matter a lot whoever wins the nfc east is one and done and out

75boyz

Reaction score
The goal of every season is to win a Super Bowl. If they don’t do it, the season is a failure. There are no moral victories in football.

Sadly,
That was a Landry and Johson standard unfamiliar to a great deal of these so called fans. This modern day fan group see all things through "just get in the playoffs and see what happens" lenses. Jerry Joneses' 500 coaches could win a trophy with this team mantra lives on. He supplies the talent. Anybody could coach 'em.

And his heir is right alongside to continue their shared process. Coach Joneses are alive and well.

Continue to enjoy as I have and will - Sarcasm On

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I hope this happens! Would love to see something so crazy as a 4 win division champion.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I believe there are some combinations where we could see a 4-win team go to the Playoffs as a Division champ. For example:

* Everyone in the division loses the rest of their games OUTSIDE of the division
* Dallas beats the Eagles and Giants (but loses to WFT)
* WFT Beats Dallas and Eagles

There are other combinations as well, but basically I'm saying it isn't entirely impossible that we see a Division champ with 4 wins, and it's maybe even probable that we see one with 5 or 6 wins.

This division has played 37 total games thus far -- 21 of these have been outside of the division. Out of these 21, we have gone 2-18-1 (with one of those being the miracle vs Atlanta).

We have 27 total games left to go -- 19 of these remaining are outside of the division -- the weakest teams on our combined schedules are Bengals, Browns, and 49ers (and none of these are easy games) -- I'd argue that the other remaining games are not winnable.

NFC Least.

It would be funny to a historically worst team make the playoffs, but I wouldn't want the Cowboys to put that mark on their history.

iu

blueblood70

Reaction score
if this was too happen, i believe the NFL would change the playoff system to a reseed an not award all division winners a spot..there are reasons though you look at our division us to begin the parade of a crazy amount of injuries' have created this mess..

wont happen every year just so happens all 4 teams have suffered major losses starting with us..

blueblood70

Reaction score
NFC Least.

It would be funny to a historically worst team make the playoffs, but I wouldn't want the Cowboys to put that mark on their history.

iu
um you rather be the worst of the worst team that made the playoffs..hmmm makes no sense.. best of the worst is better then worst of the worst..lol