4 Xmas Tickets versus Eagles Available

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
neosapien23;1248374 said:
theebs;1246955 said:
In that case why dont YOU buy them? I have already done my part.

I know any available tickets will go to eagles fans this week, that is the nature of stub hub and ebay tickets.

It drives me nuts that season ticket holders in lower levels sell their seats to out of town fans for profit. The biggest bit of sorryness there is.

Thats not necessarily the case. I tried to sell three tickets to that game on Ebay and couldn't even get the three hundred dollars I paid for the tickets.
The tickets were valued at $88 but my brothers and I paid $100 each for them. I tried to sell them on ebay but no one would bid on the tickets. They are on section 13, row 10, seats 5-7. I was just trying to recoup my money because my younger brother and I are moving and could have used the extra money. I had one of my friends place a bid to stimulate buyers, but he ended up buying the tickets. I had to pay him back his money (just really paying myself with my own money) and now have a 14 dollar service fee from Ebay. The tickets are harder to sell than you would think.

believe me you dont want my comments on this. I will say this though, not only are you looking to sell your tickets which is fine but you are shill bidding which is another act of greed and dishonesty. if you bought the tickets and you are stuck with them, why not just go to the game? are u moving before monday?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
It's almost comical how misguided and apparently misinformed some of the posters are in this thread. It just makes me that much more thankful that we've had our tickets in the same section, surrounded by the same folks for almost 3 decades. A couple of you goofs I wouldn't want within 30 rows of me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1248829 said:
It's almost comical how misguided and apparently misinformed some of the posters are in this thread. It just makes me that much more thankful that we've had our tickets in the same section, surrounded by the same folks for almost 3 decades. A couple of you goofs I wouldn't want within 30 rows of me.

referreing to me I assume? Whatever bro.

I applaud you for having the same tickets and actually using them.

Now not wanting me near you, that needs to be explained.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
I bought four playoff tickets yesterday morning, but I'm from NJ so if I can't attend (depends on date of game), I'm selling them for sure.

Though I imagine I'll offer them to the board first.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
theebs;1248860 said:
referreing to me I assume? Whatever bro.

I applaud you for having the same tickets and actually using them.

Now not wanting me near you, that needs to be explained.

It's not anything personal, honestly it's not, it's just some of the blanket statements that are getting thrown out about not only Dallas fans and how they act, but the derogatory statements about other fans, is distasteful. I was at that Saints game too ya know theebs, and I have several friends in at least four different sections scattered around the stadium that I almost always visit with after the game. Nobody mentioned anything to me about overly aggressive fans compared to any other game.

Personally, I enjoy having a healthy representation of the opposing team fans in our stadium, to me, that's what makes going to sporting events fun.

Somehow I get the impression that you think it's some kind of phenomenon that only happens at Texas Stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1248914 said:
It's not anything personal, honestly it's not, it's just some of the blanket statements that are getting thrown out about not only Dallas fans and how they act, but the derogatory statements about other fans, is distasteful. I was at that Saints game too ya know theebs, and I have several friends in at least four different sections scattered around the stadium that I almost always visit with after the game. Nobody mentioned anything to me about overly aggressive fans compared to any other game.

Personally, I enjoy having a healthy representation of the opposing team fans in our stadium, to me, that's what makes going to sporting events fun.

Somehow I get the impression that you think it's some kind of phenomenon that only happens at Texas Stadium.

No I dont think it is a texas stadium exclusive. It just happens here more. There shouldnt be a single ticket available ticket for this game. This is a playoff game.

I have been to the vet three times, cleveland, buffalo, the meadowlands and the old foxborough. There are opposing fans in every stadium. I dont recall this many away fans in the stadium when buffalo-miami play in buffalo..etc.

It is just very dissapointing living here in a wealthy city and they cant fill a 65000 seat stadium with home fans.

I just feel this city lacks passion. Hopefully that will change.

They are not blanket statements by the way, I think every game for four years is a pretty good sample size.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
theebs;1248943 said:

They are not blanket statements by the way, I think every game for four years is a pretty good sample size.

Wow, four WHOLE years?! Four WHOLE years of noncompetitive seasons, I might add. Again, no offense or personal attack meant, but you have NOOOO clue!

DA FAN

Reaction score
theebs;1248943 said:
No I dont think it is a texas stadium exclusive. It just happens here more. There shouldnt be a single ticket available ticket for this game. This is a playoff game.

I have been to the vet three times, cleveland, buffalo, the meadowlands and the old foxborough. There are opposing fans in every stadium. I dont recall this many away fans in the stadium when buffalo-miami play in buffalo..etc.

It is just very dissapointing living here in a wealthy city and they cant fill a 65000 seat stadium with home fans.

Theebs, I have to agree with you about the local fans. I'm not putting anyone down, but I can't understand why the turnout is not as high as in other cities.

My guess as to why Eagles, Steeler fans fly in to watch them at Texas stadium is because the cost of their flight, hotel and game tickets is equal to or less than trying to buy tickets in their own stadium.

Another thing that I hate is that you see a lot of fans not wearing Cowboys jerseys, tshirts, etc.. (showing support for the team).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1248960 said:
Wow, four WHOLE years?! Four WHOLE years of noncompetitive seasons, I might add. Again, no offense or personal attack meant, but you have NOOOO clue!

How do I have no clue?

We were 10-6 in 03.
We were 6-10 in 04 but came in with high hopes. Texas stadium in 04 was an embarrassment. The eagles and steelers games were embarrassing.

in 05 we were 9-7

now were 9-5

exactly how have we not been comptetive? Why should their be so many out of town fans in the stadium with a city this wealthy and large?

And yes four years every game but two. I am curious how many out of town sporting events have you been to? I have been to a ton of yankees games in ny, and red sox games in Boston. two more marquis franchises and tickets are not to be had and that is for a series not one game.

You can argue this and insult me all you want, but I have been to enough games in Dallas and out of Dallas to know this city lacks passion. Again I hope it changes but the city just doesnt seem to care that much about pro sports.

and by the way your 4 years where they were not competitive proves my point even further. In my opinion you find out the most about your fans and city when the team is losing. Unfortunately here the results in that situation have been horrible.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Hasn't Darren Woodson commented before about the lack of passion that the fans had at Texas Stadium?

heavyg

Reaction score
What the flip is the big deal about out of town fans? Are you refering to out of town fans from oposing teams. Or out of town Cowboys fans? Im confused? Are you saying that if you do not live in Dallas/Irving you have no right to tickets? Please explain

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
heavyg;1249294 said:
What the flip is the big deal about out of town fans? Are you refering to out of town fans from oposing teams. Or out of town Cowboys fans? Im confused? Are you saying that if you do not live in Dallas/Irving you have no right to tickets? Please explain

no opposing teams fans. not out of town cowboys fans. we need as many in blue and silver as we can get.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Strong;1245378 said:
I posted this in the Tailgate Zone a few days ago, but figured I would repost, since I still haven't sold the four tickets. Thanks to those who have inquired about selling less than 4, but I'd like to sell the full set.

"I just found out that I will not be going home for Christmas, and I have four (4) nice tickets to the 12/25 Cowboys-Eagles Game in Section 125, Row 19. Let me know if you are interested.

I've listed them on Stubhub (a CZ sponsor, I believe), but would prefer to sell them at a bit of a discount to a fellow Zoner.

I went to the pre-Romo game in Philly earlier this year. This game means even more. My loss could be your gain."

Strong.

:starspin

I'll take them.

Jimmie

Reaction score
are they still for sale? if so PM me a price and I'll more than likely take them off your hands!:bow:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Jimmie;1249661 said:
are they still for sale? if so PM me a price and I'll more than likely take them off your hands!:bow:

way to go jimmie!

Strong

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jimmy had a family commitment come up. Best of luck to him.

So the 4 are still available. I have had a bunch of people ask about 2 tickets. I will sell 2 tickets now, so please PM me ASAP if you are interested. I will be shipping out tickets tomorrow.

As an aside, I love that this thread has been hijacked a bit to complain about people selling tickets to away fans. Since I have been an away fan twice this year (at Philly and at Washington), I know what it is like to buy tickets from someone and then you sit next to their friends who are mad about you being there. (Plus, I got to see two brutal losses).

The reality is that I would love to sell these to a Cowboys fan, and that is why I posted here. But it is so much easier to just put them on Ebay, and just take the extra money.

Strong.

:starspin

neosapien23

Reaction score
theebs;1248737 said:
neosapien23;1248374 said:
believe me you dont want my comments on this. I will say this though, not only are you looking to sell your tickets which is fine but you are shill bidding which is another act of greed and dishonesty. if you bought the tickets and you are stuck with them, why not just go to the game? are u moving before monday?

Alright since you want have judgemental attitude let me give to you straight although I owe you no explanation. First of all, we are moving on Dec. 30 which is right next to the Christmas holidays. I used to be in the army, but got out to go to school. Anyone who has attended college can attest to days of being broke and just having barely enough money to get by. While I did use shell bidding, I was just trying to break even, not make alot of profit. There is a huge difference of using the method so you won't take a loss and trying to make as much money as possible. The point I was trying to make was that Ebay could not sell the tickets and I ended up having to pay them money. There are somethings that are more important than football such as the light and electric deposit, but please feel free to make preconcieved notions about someone trying to sell their tickets. I'm sure you are somewhat well established already, but as a slightly older student who now has to pay these new bills, I would ask that you think before you come to a snap judgment.

And yes I will go see the game, but I will be using a credit card and spending money that I don't have.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
neosapien23;1250377 said:
theebs;1248737 said:
Alright since you want have judgemental attitude let me give to you straight although I owe you no explanation. First of all, we are moving on Dec. 30 which is right next to the Christmas holidays. I used to be in the army, but got out to go to school. Anyone who has attended college can attest to days of being broke and just having barely enough money to get by. While I did use shell bidding, I was just trying to break even, not make alot of profit. There is a huge difference of using the method so you won't take a loss and trying to make as much money as possible. The point I was trying to make was that Ebay could not sell the tickets and I ended up having to pay them money. There are somethings that are more important than football such as the light and electric deposit, but please feel free to make preconcieved notions about someone trying to sell their tickets. I'm sure you are somewhat well established already, but as a slightly older student who now has to pay these new bills, I would ask that you think before you come to a snap judgment.

And yes I will go see the game, but I will be using a credit card and spending money that I don't have.

Hey I understand, I just think shill bidding is dishonest, whatever reasons you have for doing it are fine, they dont change the fact that shill bidding is dishonest. It flies in the face of the ebay process. I have a ton of experience with ebay, I caught a guy doing this team and it cost me over two hundred backs about 4 years ago, I was essentially the only bidder for a guitar I bought, the rest were all his other screen names and friends. How is that fair? Driving the price up is wrong. If you have a set price and want to only sell at that price, make a reserve and a buy it now.

And I completely understand your struggle with school and moving. Moving is one of the toughest things in life to do. I worked 36 hours a week in a grocery store while I was in College. So I know that struggle, I had no choice as it sounds like you do. It is difficult and I applaud you for it.

My only concern, going back to the original post is cowboys fans buying tickets then backing out and selling them to eagles fans. Thats it. Nothing personal.